“Perfect honeymoon!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa Fiorentino
Leeds
“Perfect honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

We just came back from our honeymoon here and stayed in the Victoria apartment. We had our 6-month old with us so wanted something practical that still had the wow factor, and this did not disappoint. The kitchen was fully stocked and the washing machine, microwave and dishwasher were a Godsend and enabled us to cook for ourselves a few nights. The apartment itself was huge and had an amazing, large, private terrace where we spent most of our holiday just admiring the stunning views. The pool area is spectacular and even better than it looks on the website! The Fiorentino family could not have been more welcoming and helpful - the highlight was my birthday when Paola arranged for a chef to come over from Sorrento to cook me a 5-course meal on the terrace! They even arranged for a babysitter to keep an eye on our little girl while we ate. I had the perfect honeymoon and could not have asked for more. There are a lot of steps (around 400 down to the beach) but we managed it every day with our baby, a stroller and all her stuff - in fact, we were glad of the exercise to burn off all the amazing food! But if you really don't like exercise then you may be better off staying at a hotel nearer the beach.

Room Tip: Victoria apartment was perfect for a family
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Kingey1975

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

We hired this whole place for our wedding in 2009 and the day after the ceremony someone broke into the honeymoon suite and stole all the brides jewellry!
The wedding itself was dramatically over priced for what we eventually got - which was different to what we were promised in advance! The year before when we booked it all the owners couldn't have been more charming! The minute they had our money they
gave us a cheap version of everything we'd ordered.
We had even spent a year reminding them we wanted round tables at the reception, and on the day what did we get? Square tables. The reason - they had bought them for another party.
So in effect they had spent a year lying to us.

Room Tip: You will need to be very fit to handle the steps
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank GillyB094
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

We were recommended Villa Fiorentino by two other couples, including one who got married there. Our expectations were pretty high upon arriving and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the lower apartment, which was huge and had a nice sized kitchen. And more importantly, the terrace was almost as big as the apartment with views that you only see in paintings. The location is prime for Positano and is a short walk to the beach (there are always going to be lots of stairs involved in Positano). On the accomodations...the Villa is very private and quiet, and most of the bedrooms have shuttered glass double doors that open up to views of the sea. The family that owns the Villa is sooo kind and generous. Dr. Vito gave us a personal tour of the whole place, including picking our own fresh fruit out of their citrus grove. If we ever make it back to Positano, this is definitely the place we will stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank uncbsba
Phoenix, az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

I have wanted to go to Positano ever since I saw Diane Lane meet Marcello in Under the Tuscan Sun. For years I have scoured the internet and read reviews to find the best place to stay - I found it at Villa Fiorentino! From the moment we showed up, Domenico, Vito and the entire family welcomed us with open arms. We had a 2BR Villa (for the 2 of us) and a huge balcony with the most amazing views! Every morning we woke up and opened our french doors to see the beautiful Positano Coast. The resort was close enough to walk to down (keep in mind, lots of steps in Postiano) but far enough removed to have peace and serenity. The resort has a pool, where we spent most of the days (recovering from our 6-day/20 miles per-day excursion in Rome) lounging and enjoying the view. Vito even took us on a "house-call" to Nocelle (definitely recommend but wouldn't drive myself) where we saw the entire town. This is the type of place where you can relax and unwind, feel comfortable and reconnect with the ones you love.
Thank you for the memories Firoentino Family ... we will return!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank melissasosassy
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Bello Villa Fiorentino!
Our trip to Positano was 18 months in the making.
We were travelling from Australia with 16 of our friends to get married in Positano.
With not one of our group having ever travelled to Positano and some had never even been to Italy this required a lot of organising.
I looked at many villa's in Positano and even had my wedding co-ordinator recommend some....many were over priced not in an appropriate location or couldnt accommodate our needs or capacity.
Finally I found Villa Fiorentino.....Aristide was my only contact via email for the months leading up to our trip. What a patient man he is to deal with me and all my queries....
Our group fluctuated up and down so we orginally had all the apartments then finally we settled on 4 apartments for our group. Aristide said this was ok we paid our deposit and our finals with no idea of what we would find on our arrival.
Transfers were booked (by Aristide) for our group to and from Rome (which included a stop in scary Naples for the best pizza in the world).
Our wedding reception was booked including transfers to and from the town hall.
Hi fi for our music....wedding cake, drinks, table decorations anything we could think of was arranged prior to our arrival. (all by Villa Fiorentino)
My wedding co-ordinator in Australia was in a word USELESS.....quoting extrodinary prices ie $1000.00 Aussie for a hairdresser just to do my hair. So again I contacted Aristide to find a good hairdresser and he recommended Enrico.
Basically I should have ditched my Wedding Co-ordinator and relied on Villa Fiorentino.
So we left Austraila arrived in Rome had a few days before our transfer arrived.
We loaded all our luggage up and we were on our way. What an amazing drive to this astounding place in the world.
Once we arrived at Villa Fiorentino the family was all waiting for us... we all walked up the stairs to the first level. Papa Fiorentino, Paola and Dominique ....they made us feel like we had just arrived HOME!
They had wine (family made) fresh fruit, snacks and best of all Lemoncello all ready for our arrival. We drank and they showed us around all our apartments and there garden, the pool and finally took us through our room on the top floor THE HONEYMOON SUITE.
This had the most stairs to access but god it was worth it every day for the view. This room was our base for our group for the whole stay (7 days) we drank and ate in this apartment everyday with our beautiful friends and family. The view was simply just like a postcard. It had its own plunge pool, lots of outdoor furniture, outdoor shower.
2 x Bathrooms one bathroom had a window that when you had a shower overlooked all of Postiano. The bed soo comfy, Pizza oven, coffee maker just everything we needed or could have thought we needed.
So we all settled in after such a welcoming arrival we walked down to the Deli across the road to get supplies. Emily owns the deli across the road we selected delictable meats, cheeses, bread, wine and lots of fine food and Emily arranged for it to be delivered to our apartments. Her sister also owns the Vegie shop that is round the corner. This was such a treat to find all this great Italian food at our doorstep and to not to have to carry it all up the stairs - double bonus!
Dominique had recommended a restaurant for us to all go that night (and most nights ;o) ) a van collected us all and we had yet another amazing view and great food.
The best restaurante Dominque recommended was Sirrocco I highly recommended going if you get a chance.
There was so many little things the Fiorentino Family did for us - Papa Fiorentino took my Dad out to get a haircut, cooked lunch had leftovers and gave it to us for lunch, assisted my friend who got a massive blister Papa Fiorentino lanced the blister for her (he is the town doctor) all the handmade gifts Mama Fiorentino made for me.
If we booked a tour or anything for that matter if we mentioned the Fiorentino name they discounted it for us......the family is well loved in Positano and rightly so ;o)
Our wedding was nothing short of Spectacular and this was mainly due to the Fiorentino Family.
We really left a lot for them to take care of Paola did an amazing job of decorating the tables the food was AMAZING....Vegetarians were easily taken care of without any fuss.
It was also my birthday on our wedding day and they made an extra cake in addition to our wedding cake. As a surprise they put on fireworks.....Mama Fiorentino was the one that touched my heart.....on our arrival at the reception it is her tradition that we cut the ribbon and she sprinkles petals and rice over our head before breaking a plate on the floor. She barely spoke a word of English but I just wanted to take her home (Paola, Dominque, Aristide you are blesed with amazing parents!!!!)
Paola made sure things I hadnt even thought of for the receptions were taken care of....menu's, name tags etc
All I want to say is basically if your thinking of having your wedding here then DO IT! You will be overjoyed with the attention to detail.
I must mention Enrico again.....he was our Hairdresser for the wedding day - so well priced and the girls did an awesome job. They also collect you from the villa as Enrico also owns a beauty salon next door the boys all had massages on the wedding day and they said the BEST they have ever had and wanted to go back.
I know a lot of people say - OH THE STAIRS but really if your going to go to Positano then expect stairs! Seriously stop complaining about them.....the locals try and make it easier on people by providing free transfers. Villa Fiorentino ensure your luggage is carried up and back for your arrival, I mean they even have the deli downstairs deliver your food.
So really the stairs are part of the fun so deal with it!
Its a short walk down stairs to get to the main part of town and you can catch the bus back if you cant handle the stairs back up again.
Our departure from Villa Fiorentino was very sad Mama Fiorentino kept giving me gifts and I couldnt stop crying ( I am a sook)
I know I will be back to Villa Fiorentino it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Do yourself a favour and stay here you will be glad you did!
La ringrazio milioni di volte Fiorentino Famiglia

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MezMoo74
Agoura Hills, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite the beginning of July. After a winding drive from Ravello we arrived at the Villa Fiorentino. Dominico met us at the bottom of the steps to the villa and lead the way to the patio area. I have to say, I was not prepared for the steps being car sick and hot. We were met by his family and warmly welcomed to the villa. We were given a welcome drink and treat and given time to catch our breath. Then we were lead to the top of the villa to our room. More steps... I have to say, our room was amazing! We were lead into a private courtyard that had a bathroom and tables and chairs and a jacuzzi. The views were to die for! The room itself was beautiful and very functional. The kitchen was nice size and we were given a few bottles of wine to get us started. That was a nice touch! The room had a nice comfortable bed and two twin beds or daybeds. It also had a nice table and chairs and two cabinets to put your clothes. It was nice listening to the stereo on the patio and enjoying a glass of wine. The tv took some work to figure out, but worked well. We just got BBC in english though. It would be nice to have more english channels and a paper explaining how to use the tv. One thing I think the villa lacked was a phone to call the villa office. We needed some information and had to call the villa from our cell phone. We really did not even know where the office was or how to get in touch with Dominico in case of an emergency. This bothered me. But other than that our stay was great! The walk into town was more difficult than I thought it would be. It made you not want to go back down again once you were up. We calculated that it was about 850 steps down to the town from our room. In heat and humidity, it was brutal. I was soaking wet each time we got back up to the room from town. If you have a difficult time getting around or cannot do lots of steps, you should stay down closer into town. The villa has a great little store across the street to get groceries. There is a note stating that they will deliver the groceries to your apartment. If you are staying a week, I would do it! We loved our time at Villa Fiorentino and would definitely reccommend it to others. It was a truly amazing experience and we want to thank the staff at the villa for making it so special.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Iluvtwins
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

Stayed with my wife and 12 year old son for four days in June '10. We could not have been much happier with Villa Fiorentino.

Domenico and his staff could not have been much kinder and more helpful. They arranged a private car to pick us up at the Naples train station that was a little expensive ($100) but we felt well worth it. The driver showed us many sights along the way and even stopped for us several times so we could take some pictures along the coast.

Domenico met us when we arrived and a porter hauled our bags up the steps (about 80 from the road to our room). The room itself was absolutely beautiful. Large two bedrooms, two baths, with full kitchen and two balconies with magnificant views.

The pool was magnificant and we spent many hours there swimming and enjoying the views.

The only downside to this hotel is the steps. It is located above the main road (the entrance is right on the road) but only a few yards from a local bus stop. If you stay here, I strong suggest you lean how to use the local bus to get from the city square up to the local bus stop. The tickets were not expensive and the bus ran every half an hour. The steps down to the beach weren't bad; steps up pretty exhausing in the heat. The steps to the bus stop were not bad at all.

Highly recommend the "semi-private" boat trip we took to Capri aboard a speed board with 8 other people. Domenico suggested the boat company which is located at the beach. Also Domenico set up dinner at a local family owned resteraunt that came and picked us up. I knew we were in for a treat when we walked in and saw the home made pasta laying out on a drying table ready for that night's dinner. Inexpensive, and the views were magnificant.

All in all, we are dreaming of coming back to Positano and staying at Villa Fiorentino again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family