“Bad, bad, bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Sirene

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Positano
Le Sirene
Ranked #45 of 48 Positano B&B and Inns
Pretoria, South Africa
“Bad, bad, bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our confirmed booking was al of a sudden not valid, and that on the day we were arriving! After phoning, we were told that " there was a problem" with another arrival. Earlier the same day (2pm) when we arrived, Sonia told us (telephone) they are not ready for us, but will be @ 4pm. When we arrived at the place we were told to park our car @ 5 pm it turnred out that it was actually the parking area of another hotel, and that we would have to find sommewhere else to park. Fair enough, but the problem was that parking in the street meant we would have to carry our baggage over a km to the "lift" and leave our car in the road (Main road- Amalfi Coast drive).

It was after finding a parking space that I phoned Sonia to get clear instructions on how to proceed to get down to the hotel that she informed me that they were having a problem with our booking. This, after she told me two hours previously that they will be ready at 4pm. She promised to phone me back in 5minutes. I am still waiting.

We booked the room for a three night stay because of the romantic setting that, we felt would be the ideal close of a wonderfull trip through Italy. The trip was fantastic, marred only by this incident.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Fanus W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Princeton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Where do I begin....My husband and I started our day in the beautiful town of Positano.
We decided that we wanted to go to Laurito beach for the day and enjoy lunch at "Da Adolfo's."

Being that we know the Amalfi Coast is made up of many small businesses, we decided that we would give half of our business to the beach facility (Le Sirene) by renting out their beach chairs and enjoy lunch next door at Da Adolfo's (a place we enjoyed last year).

We took Le Sirene's boat to their beach from Positano. They brought us a bill for 25Euro (which seemed very expensive for 2 lounge chairs and umbrella we said we did not want) but said nothing of it.
A man came over to greet us letting us know that if we wanted water, coffee or anything else we were to go to them and "NOT to the restaurant next door". I kindly said thank you and paid the man for the chairs but thought it was quite unwelcoming of him to even mention the place next door.

Lunch time came around and my husband I walked toward "Da Adolfo" only to hear the man from Le Sirene yelling our way. He came up to me and was screaming that I could not go there to eat. I told him that I am free to go anywhere I please. He continued to argue with me saying that we rented his chairs so we are not allowed to go to ' Da Adolfo's' and that he made himself clear when we arrived. I tried to explain to him that I wanted to give business to both places. He then told me if I stepped foot in Adolfo's we were no longer allowed to use the lounge chairs at his facility. I explained to him that we already paid for the chairs and therefore would not be moving from them. I continued in the restaurant (since I did not want to fight with him) only to see him taking our stuff off of our chairs and moving it somewhere else.

How could this man touch our stuff? It is unheard of!!! All because we were not eating at Le Sirene's restaurant? That is crazy!

My husband ran after him since he now had our belongings in his possession. The man at Le Sirene made such a scene calling us names and yelling that we were rude. I told him that we were no where close to rude and he was making a mistake (HE WAS THE RUDE ONE TO SAY THE LEAST).

The whole afternoon I was so upset about this situation and found myself trembling at lunch time and not being able to enjoy myself any longer. After lunch we left via water-taxi.

I have no idea how the Le Sirene restaurant is, but would not recommend going there to anyone after the incident that occurred.

Da Adolfo next door has great food, are hard working people and the prices are very reasonable.
Please don't make the same mistake I did!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank FAITHamc
SoniaF3, Proprietario at Le Sirene, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I'm sorry but customers have confused the boat, did not have to embark on our free shuttle service for the guests of the restaurant and the hotel but had to take the boat that would take them to the restaurant of their choice above. is written very large: FREE BOAT to the Sirens Restaurant and hotel
Thanks
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here for four nights at the end of a bit of a whirlwind trip around Italy. It was the most perfect place we could stay to relax and unwind. Our room was perfect (terrace room).. the large terrace on the side with the loveseat was perfect for a drink before dinner and after the kids went to bed. Sonia, Franco, Flavio and staff took great care of us and our children, however there was another waiter who we felt a bit put out by.. friendly on the surface but something not quite right, he seemed annoyed by us underneath the smile.. I asked when dinner service stopped and he said "whenever you like" which is nice, but then we felt rushed by him at the end. On another night he asked us for our order at 7pm.. before we had left the beach for showers etc. That was such a small thing though because the place is absolutely wonderful and we would not hesitate to return and would recommend it to anyone visiting Positano. It's perfect because you have the quiet lovely beach and beach chairs to enjoy whenever you like, but you can pop to Positano on their free shuttle whenever you feel like it for a meal, shopping etc. We saw the same people coming from Positano every day to enjoy the beach, reconfirming that it was the best place to be! Food and drinks reasonably priced.. we had drinks on the beach, snacks, ice creams, hot chocolates.. four days worth plus all our meals and our bill was very reasonable. I paid Sonia for something our baby broke and for contents of the mini bar and she tried to refuse the money! Absolutely go here, it's perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
long island ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We didn't stay there. Took free boat from Positano. The beach adjoining was Coney Island-like but the hotel's section only a few chaises-bathers. The food was terrific. Recommend their grilled vegetable table. And their wine with peaches.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

this was my 2nd stay here..absolutely love it..wonderful location with private boat to take you to & from Positano all day..very serene, with the most spectacular cuisine..very small & exclusive - wonderful family run place..thank you Sonia Franco Flavio Mariano & Nello..cannot wait to come back xx

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 18msp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We've just come back from Le Sirene this evening and as this was the best part to a 2 week tour across Italy (via san stefano and another beautiful place to stay), i wanted to express my thanks.to Sonja her family and a few other stars that run the hotel who are warm' friendly, attentive and added even more to a beautiful place to chill out, get quality food and down time. After hearing how different the winter is to the summer i understand why the property doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it does have everything you need and during the warm months its a perfect paradise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I spent a week at Le Sirene following a week travelling around Milan, Florence and Rome and we found it was the perfect place to relax and unwind.

The location is perfect, very close to Positano, and the beach is amazing.

The rooms are basic but comfortable, the hotel could do with a bit of attention and needs a few things fixing here and there. The dining/relaxing area is very comfortable and has great views of the bay and ocean.

Sonia, Franco, Marco, Suzi and the rest of the team are very friendly and efficient and Le Sirene has a very relaxing and family orientated atmosphere. We were also pleasantly surprised by the free impromptu boat trip along the beautiful coast courtesy of Franco and the free snacks provided with drinks.

The food at Le Sirene is generally very good, however we did find it a little expensive and it could do with a few cheaper options on the menu. Da Adolfo next door does excellent food and is slightly cheaper, however it was not open in the evenings when we were there.

Le Sirene is only accessible by boat or a steep walk down from the road. The boat can be a little hit and miss, especially when the sea is rough, so it pays to plan ahead and be prepared to use the path at short notice.

Overall Le Sirene is fantastic value for money considering its location and that it is right next to the sea. We would not hesitate to recommend Le Sirene to friends and family and we would love to visit again.

Rich & Emma.

Room Tip: A sea view is worth the extra.