“Great location”

Ranked #23 of 50 Positano B&B and Inns
Barbados
“Great location”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The location is perfect. I got an airport transfer from Naples (highly recommend especially if you have a lot of luggage - to get there from Naples after flying is a bit much)

the car dropped me right on the corner/pedestrian path, and it was a 1 minute walk from there if even. Not a lot of steps to carry luggage up and down and very close to the main road for restaurant and shops and close to the beach (lots of steps to the beach but that is normal unless you are staying on the beach).

my only complaint would be that the walls are a little thin, so sometimes i heard other guests coming in and out, I heard one guest using her hair dryer, but i may sacrifice that again simply for the location. Breakfast was simple but delicious every morning. Brioche with jam, with some bread and whatever you wish to put on it, with juice, tea coffee. Free wifi but in the reception area. Bathroom was bigger than imagined. bed was comfortable. No TV but who needs one!

Room Tip: I don't think all the rooms have a terrace, that may be an added touch. My room had a mini fridg...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Good location and view..lovely rooms..but you need to love walking too..in Positano is all made by lovely stairs and little streets..fair price..I would just serve better croissants!...I have been in this B&B 3 times and I will go back for sure!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited Positano for the day from Sorrento, and liked it so much, we decided to stay the night. We were lucky to find Casa Guadagno and for around €100 we got a lovely little room with an amazing sea view terrace and continental breakfast included.

It was simple, spotlessly clean, full of character, had friendly staff and amazing value for money in what is usually an expensive location. Best of all, we woke up in the morning, pulled back the shutters and got that picture postcard sea view! If you are looking for a simple, clean, tradional place to stay, then look no further! It's perfect.

Room Tip: We got a room with a terrace, it offers incredible views over rooftops to the bay
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Pensione Casa Guadagno was such a great value.

My husband and I recently returned from a 10-day trip to the Amalfi Coast region and we spent three nights in Positano. It was technically still considered the off-season and many restaurants and shops were still closed for winter at the end of March. Our room at this pensione was only 60 euros a night! Unbelievable!

Considering what a great deal it was, I didn't have very high hopes for the property - but I was wrong. The room was small, but it was tastefully decorated with plenty of space to store clothes and luggage. The balcony was divine, we had a bistro table and chairs, two folding chairs and the most amazing view. You could see so far out that it was hard to tell where the ocean stopped and the sky began.

One day during our stay, it was particularly warm and we decided to go down to the main beach. We didn't have beach towels, and considered buying them for about 10 euros a piece in town, but the woman working at the pensione gave us two to use. It was such fantastic service.

The pensione provided made-to-order cappuccino and apricot croissants every morning for breakfast. It was a simple breakfast, but perfect. I looked forward to it every day.

My only complaints were that it was a little far from the main part of town - probably about a 20 minute walk. The good news is that there was a great restaurant (apparently well-liked by the locals) called Saraceno d'Oro very close to the pensione. We ate there twice. The pensione is also quite a hike from the beach. My husband and I are two young, fit adults and had to stop several times to catch our breath on the way back up, even though it was probably only a ten-minute walk. A good way to walk off all that Italian wine and pizza!

If I had more money to spend, I might stay in a super-luxury hotel in Positano, but for the price, the views and the service, Pensione Casa Guadagno can't be beat.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren_S1018
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stay at Casa Guadagno last summer. Upon arrival we were very pleasntly surprised by the quaint style and nice people. And when we got to our room, we were thrilled with the balcony view. It's a small family place and I think all rooms have excellent views of the sea. Our room was small, but clean and quite comfortable. It's only a short walk down stairs (as everywhere in Positano) to a real nice little beach, which we made many times. The hosts were great. They had good internet service (and great views) in the meal/lounge area and when I had a little work to do, the owner would come by and bring me espresso. Great place. I will return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Pros: clean, friendly, breath taking view from balcony high atop mountain in fornillo yet easy enough to get to beach.. bar on site cheap drinks strong as you want them. laundry nearby, great restaurant "the mediterranean" across street, is superb. Great restaurant for drinks at the beach "cafe marinella", less crowded than touristy positano beach but right next store just a lovely scenic walk away.

cons: only accept cash for payment no atms in vicinity, you have to go to town at bottom positano.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lorhop32
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2011

What a pleasant surprise! We booked a triple room at Casa Guadagno without knowing much about it at all - boy are we glad we did. The room was spacious, bright and very clean. But most amazingly, it had a very large private balcony overlooking the ocean and the town - simply stunning. the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day. It was excellently located, right in the middle of town and straight down to the quiet beach. A simple breakfast was included and could be enjoyed in the open-air restaurant; a lovely way to start your day. I would highly recommend Casa Guadagno for a pleasant, affordable stay in beautiful Positano.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends