“Reasonable price, amazing view, great location and service staff a PPLUS”

Hotel Buca di Bacco
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is review long time coming - stayed here twice in the summer periods. Truth be that anyweher in Positano is not cheap but this place was reasonably priced, the rooms where some of the best I have EVER seen and the servce was a real PLUS. IU would highly recommend it and I would definately go back. You will avoid any long flights of stairs and are close to the ferries to get to Capri/Sorrento/Amalfi. And if all you want is the beach it's infront of you or music by the rocks which is a 5 min walk along the beach. Too easy!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank JulietRR
Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice - once in 2006 with my family and more recently with my partner. It is absolutely breathtaking. The rooms are lovely but it is the views that are unmatched! Having breakfast on the balcony each morning, overlooking the beach, is an experience in and of itself. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It is also the closest hotel to the beach, which is convenient considering the number of stairs in Positano. But don't let the stairs deter you - visiting the Amalfi Coast and particularly Positano is worth every step!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank laura_12223
Reviewed February 23, 2013

When we checked into this jewel of a hotel the person that checked us in replied, "We were able to honor your wishes." (I had requested a room with a view) As soon as my husband and I got into the room, we pulled back the curtains to reveal a spacious balcony over looking the azure blue ocean sprinkled with boats along with the quaint hilltop houses and restaurants of Positano. Buca di Bacco is perfectly located on the beach near many fun shops and restaurants (remember the beach scene from "Under the Tuscan Sun"?). At night after an enjoyable dinner (their restaurant is good, but not the best in Positano), we would sit out on our romantic balcony and sip Limoncello while chatting with other guests sitting out on their balcony enjoying the surreal nighttime view. Everything from service to cleanliness to location would be 5 stars....would recommend making this your hotel of choice when visiting Positano!!

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GabyRC
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It was perfect!!! The hotel, the little town, the beach!!! I wish to go back soon!!! The church!!! And the food!!! I can't find the words!!! Oh an the breakfast its very good!! My mother spend her honeymoon ther and she recommended to me. The night we arrived the hole town was celebreting something and there was fireworks and a concert that we were able to see and hear from the hole town.. Like i said, it was perfect!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a roon with balcon o the beach
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lina T
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. Ill start with the room...We stayed in a deluxe room with large terrace in August of 2012, to finish off a great honeymoon. The room and terrace were great. My only complaint was the air conditioning wasn't able to cool the room to my liking, but as an American I found that to be the case in every Italian hotel I stayed in so I guess I shouldn't of expected it to. Bathroom was nice and large, bed was very comfortable, room was clean with nice bells and whistles.

Lobby was nice. Small lobby with friendly staff. Breakfast was the best I encountered at an Italian hotel.

Most appealing part of this hotel in my opinion is location. Its a short, easy walk to beach area. Positano was the last 4 nights of a 2 week trip and we were looking to be lazy and eat gelatto on the beach, and this hotel has the best beach acces.

I highly recommend cooking class too. Instructor was a pro, food we feasted on was great, and of coarse they treated you like family. And if you like to drink wine while you cook, you wont go thirsty.

If and when I return to Positano, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank phil2525
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As part of surprise 10th Anniversary Trip to Positano on the Amalfi Coast of Italy, with a brief stay in Paris just off the Champs-Elysées - I reserved a stay at the Hotel Buca di Bacco.

The hotel is very recommended. It sits in a great location, located right on Spiaggia Grande, just east and next to Positano's church Santa Maria Assunta. The rooms facing the Spiaggia have great views of the town the hills and the sea. It is quiet - with just a little of the (very pleasant) sounds of those on the beach and dining below - yet it sits right on beach and mere feet (steps) from several very nice restaurants.

We stayed in Room 10, with large, high ceiling room, with beds, sofa, chairs, windows in room and washroom for great breeze, and, best of all, a very large balcony with table, chairs, chaise lounges, and fantastic view mere feet above and from the beach – out across Spiaggia Grande… the balcony was very nice, and a great place to enjoy breakfast or a glass of wine in the evening. On that note, the breakfast provided each morning is outstanding, with great pastries, fruit, and meats & cheeses.

The hotel has a phenomenal staff - incl, particularly, Mario, Lorenzo, Roberta, Fiorella, Massimiliano, Chantal, Salvatore, Matteo, - and they helped make this a memorable and wonderful visit – they were uniformly helpful, friendly and professional.

Great boutique hotel, with a great staff, in an amazing location. Will return. Very reco’d.

See my trip list for a few ideas when staying in Positano at : "www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i34390-Positano_for_Two.html"

And, see our pics at "www.flickr.com/photos/daviddmoore/sets/72157629680287120/"

Room Tip: Room 10 is excellent - large, with high ceiling, nice bed, well furnished with very nice sofa, chair...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dave_from_MN
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This place deserves all the great reviews its got as it was amazing. The reception staff were so nice and upgraded us free of charge and presented us with a bottle of prosecco.

The breakfast was really good and offered so much, the hotel is in the prime spot for Positano and the restaurant was at a very high quality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple