“I Love Marincanto!!!”
Review of Hotel Maricanto

Hotel Maricanto
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed August 26, 2007

There is NOT ONE bad thing to say about this awesome hotel. I would live here if I could!! There is apparently an old section and a new section to this hotel and I have stayed in both. I loved both. I loved this hotel so much that I went to stay there in July, and then returned again in August. They accomodated me immediately. The rooms are clean, the staff is helfpul and friendly and the prices are on the mark for Positano. The breakfast is included and is worth it--they have the best view in all of Positano. I found the staff so very helpful and the history behind this charming hotel intriguing. The beach is the most beautiful in all of Positano and the restaurant below is run by the most friendly folks you will encounter. As I said before, not ONE bad thing to say. Yes, there are a lot of stairs going down to the beach, but what part of Positano doesn't have stairs?? If you are going to stay in Positano, stay here--I mean it! Ciao! :)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank jacquelineNewYork

Reviewed August 20, 2007

I have been using TripAdvisor for all my trip research and it has really been spot on! The Marincanto was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! It is in the best area of the beach and is much less crowded. Every turn of the many stairs is more beautiful than the next. The staff went out of their way to help and make us feel welcomed. The rooms were nice but nothing too fancy but the rest of the hotel was FABULOUS!!! Breakfast was not bad for an Italian breakfast. The restaurant below (Terrace) was wonderful, we ate there twice and the Incanto next to that was also DELICIOUS! It is ten euro a person to use the beach and it is VERY VERY worth it. The other end of the beach is so busy and uncomfortable. Chez Black was TERRIBLE- Do not eat there! DO not stay in PRIANO- It is TERRIBLE, to say the least! The beaches, restaurants and hotels there are not nice at all from what we experienced.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank triptalk
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Everything that had to do with this hotel's front desk/customer service was ridiculously bad. And I'm not just saying this as an American at a European hotel. We spent 3 months travelling Europe and stayed at hotels of various star ratings. This hotel calls itself a four-star and sometimes a five-star and we never experienced such half-hearted service anywhere else. With the exception of one woman, who seemed to do everything from run the bar to room service to the baggage handling by herself, no one at this hotel would help with anything. We asked for dinner reservations and it was like pulling teeth. We wanted to book a boat to go to Capri and they practically refused to assist. If you had a question, they sent you to someone else. If you needed something, they didn't know anything about it and didn't offer to find out. One couple staying at the hotel had their luggage lost by the airlines and the front desk would not contact the airline for them with the answer that someone else on the earlier shift had called and the person on duty knew nothing about the situation. There was nothing to know about the situation: the luggage was lost and the couple was wondering what the status was! It just seemed like they always passed the buck. That isn't to say they weren't nice people. It was just a frustrating experience. Then, I left behind an item of clothing when we checked out. I had to call multiple times just to get someone to ask the housekeeping crew if they had found it. Then--and bear in mind we spent $2000 at their hotel for our weeklong stay--they couldn't ship it to me. They couldn't even get a me a price to have it shipped. (It was a $15 pair of gym shorts and I wasn't paying more than that to have it shipped back). I just gave up. I feel bad writing this kind of a review. I just don't think they should get away with charging those prices and delivering so little. The hotel itself is pretty, in a great location, has beautiful views and nice rooms. However, we would never stay there again and would warn everyone else away too. Their suites are the same price as rooms at the Sireneuse down the hill. Stay there.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank travelling411
Reviewed July 30, 2007

4  Thank katie0040
Reviewed July 30, 2007

This was not our first trip to Positano, but was our first staying here. I just loved the hotel! The large, white tile lobby floor, the riot of colorful bougainvillea, and mosaic walkways - all overlooking that amazing, blue Mediterranean Sea. Our room was large, cool and comfortable. Great shower, a little small (as they all are) but lots of hot water/pressure. The owner, breakfast staff and other food service people were very helpful and friendly. The desk staff seemed a little less so. The breakfast itself was also very good. And everything very clean. You must eat at Max! Pricey, but JUST GREAT. I would definitely stay at HM again. The wonderful beach is a short but steep walk down a set of stairs. The walk back up is tough!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple