“Beautiful Views, Perfect Location, Great Hotel!”
Review of Hotel Marincanto

Hotel Marincanto
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Huntington, New York, United States
“Beautiful Views, Perfect Location, Great Hotel!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Marincanto for 5 nights at the end of May. All I have to say is WOW, the views are spectacular! We couldn't believe how incredibly perfect every view was, from our room with a balcony, to the lounge chair area, the pool deck, and the breakfast dining area - it is just stunning. The staff at the desk, including Antonella and Enza were incredible, they were beyond helpful in booking our dinner reservations and recommending the best sights to see and the best way to get around. We also especially loved Gianni- he worked the pool area, and was awesome at giving us his favorite recommendations as well as giving the best daytime service! We 100% said we are coming back to Positano and we are staying here. For the price, the hospitality and overall hotel experience it was perfect. The breakfast was great- with a large variety, the location of the hotel was right by the bus stop and close to town and there were steps down to the beach. The rooms are nothing fancy they are simple, white and clean but with the scenary like who wants to be inside! We would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for an upgrade if they have availability they will try to accomodate you!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2013

When you visit Positano, stay here. You won't need to leave the hotel. The views are amazing - you can see everything. There's a pool, friendly service, a great restaurant (including a massive breakfast spread and endless cappuccinos), access to a private beach, and cool comfortable rooms. If you have to leave, it is not far to the center of town. Also, the staff is more than happy to make dinner reservations and arrange shuttle service to most places (a lot of restaurants offer this as a free service so you can save on taxis which are expensive). Seriously, the search is over. Just stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I spent two nights at the Hotel Marincanto as part of our European vacation. It was our first visit to the Amalfi Coast and I chose the hotel based upon the glowing reviews that I read on Tripadvisor. I can emphatically say that the hotel exceeded our expectations.
Prior to arriving I corresponded with Antonella about our needs and she handled everything that I requested perfectly, including a room request to accommodate my family, booking transfers to and from the hotel and arranging an excursion to the isle of Capri. Upon arrival she gave me a hand written note detailing the excursion she had arranged took us on a brief tour of the property and escorted us to our room, which had an amazing view of the Mediterranean.
Gianni is the pool attendant and did a fantastic job of not only taking care of our needs but also anticipating them. The entire staff is great. We were always greeted with a smile and made to feel like we were the most important guests at the hotel. Breakfast on the terrace was great, the room was comfortable and overall the stay was an A+++.
I'd like to say THANK YOU to all of the people at Hotel Marincanto for a GREAT vacation stay!

I also want to mention the transportation that was set up to and from Naples. I will provide a review for them but also wanted to mention that our driver really made the the trip a great experience. His name is Franco and his knowledge of the region combined with his desire to make sure that our vacation to Italy was the BEST really added a special touch to our vacation. Thanks for handling the transfer for us Antonella!

Room Tip: Room 260 was in a great location and was comprised of two rooms. Perfect location. Just below the po...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This review is going to be long - as the smallest details were of such importance! I don't actually know how to review such a wonderful experience, I was so delighted and fulfilled with everything in this hotel - and so sad when I was leaving. The hotel exceeded my expectations by far! The hospitality, service, & staff are truly spectacular, & so personal. We stayed for 3 nights at this beautiful hotel on the 19th of May. First of all the hotel location is definitely the best in all of Positano, I don't think any other hotel would have this heavenly picture perfect postcard view, & its proximity to the beach, & to the center (especially if u use the path that's so near the hotel to get down). From all the hotel's premises, the views were to die for no matter where u were. Superb!! There's an elevator to get u down to the lobby. They also have a staircase which leads u right down from the hotel premises to the beach. I have to emphasize that the hotel staff are truly like none I have come across before (yes even in 5 star hotels). Starting with Anotella - what a wonderful host. So delightful, welcoming and warm. She goes such a long way to make your stay a perfect one, and puts so much effort - always with a bright smile. She went such a long way to make sure my husband didn't miss his football match, his team was playing and it wasn't coming on our TV. She got all fussed about it and contacted Sky and even tried to find an empty room where he could watch it, she even remembered to ask how his team did and apologized again for it not working - i mean after all the trouble we put her through! She even got concerned about problems we were having with booking.com & offered to help with it. Our room was breathtaking! We were in villa #5, it was like a dream. It had a huge beautiful terrace, and the views from it were to die for. The entire hotel has this wonderful Italian charm, but in the villa we stayed in you could definitely see it even more. The beautiful flowers climbing up the walls, the lemon trees & beautiful plants in the terrace, the beautiful simple-rustic-Italian interior of everything. The room was very spacious - went very well with the whole atmosphere of the hotel and of Positano. We loved the room, the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was a little outdated...but facilities worked just fine. House keeping clean the rooms twice a day, with choco's waiting on ur pillows. It was so nice waking up & seeing the sweetest old lady taking care of the plants and lemon trees in the terrace - it made me feel the charm and vibe of the people living in Positano even more. The entire hotel grounds were spotless, everywhere u look someone's cleaning something. I loved the infinity pool and Jacuzzi where u could see the same dazzling view over Positano - it really felt like a dream soaking up the sun in the pool with that view, & the sun deck is great! This brings me to wonderful Gianni - another wonderful staff member, so cheerful and friendly. U can't help but smile when u see him - he's in charge of the pool grounds. He takes care of everyone's needs on the pool & sun terrace, gets lunches and drinks, checks to c that there's nothing else u need, gives u complementary snacks - total one man show! I don't know how he does it with such a shiny smile on his face. It's like he's superman! I have to mention the restaurant & lunch bar - the food was really delicious for the most reasonable prices. Morning or night, the outdoor restaurant is beautiful. And also with the loveliest host (Raphaella I think it was). She's in charge of both dining and room service, and she does it so well. U can feel how much care she actually puts into everything! Our terrace was so addictive that u couldn't help not order room service (which she actually brings herself) & gaze out at the view from there...once we ordered cappuccinos & got complementary delicious cakes with them. These little nice gestures really go a long way. The only negative point I had (which went unnoticed comparing to all the positives) was that their land line for international calls is expensive...but that's irrelevant to the hotel itself. So what else can I say besides thank u...totally worth it and I WILL BE BACK!!

Room Tip: Go for rooms in villa #5!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AreejDaoud
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed for six nights in a junior suite. The room looked out over the water and had a large balcony with resters, chairs and a small table. The views from the room, from the balcony and of course from other parts of the property were exceptional. The outdoor breakfast area also looked out over the water and was a wonderful place to sit and enjoy your morning coffee. We thought the hotel staff were exceptional and really made a positive difference to the quality of our experience. The location of the hotel is first class. The walk down into the village from the hotel was only about 5 minutes and without too many steps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeff617
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stated for a week in July, the location of the hotel is fantastic and the views are breathtaking. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had a good stay, nothing was too much for them. The hotel has a real Italian charm with all of the modern amenities one would need. The food was really tasty and having breakfast everyday looking out over the sea and Positano was such a highlight. We are going back again this year and can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shamong
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Amazing location, view outstanding, very nice staff all around. The unexpected extras like a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival, lemonchello after dinner, pastries with after dinner drinks, etc, etc

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple