“Perfectly Positano!”
Review of Hotel Marincanto

Hotel Marincanto
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Thank you trip advisor for helping me find this wonderful hotel! It was the perfect way to end our 2 week trip to Italy! Loved it! Awesome location, staff very friendly and helpful, beautiful grounds and amazing views. We had a spacious corner suite room on the second floor. It had two balconies that took my breath away. Everytime we approached the front desk, we heard guests checking out and commenting to the staff how wonderful their stay was. We love to travel and see new places, but this one is on my list to return to!

Room Tip: It appears that not all rooms at this hotel are equal. Ours was a wonderful corner suite which was...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying that being a NY'er I am not easily impressed. And having been to Italy already, I've learned to accept the fact that the star ratings on the hotels do not equate to what we use in the U.S. The Marincanto, however, far exceeded my expectations on almost every level. The hotel staff was so friendly and accommodating, moreso than I have ever felt in a hotel. From Antonella and Enza at the desk, to Gianni at the pool deck and Raphaella who doubled as waitstaff and bell captain. There was not one time that I would pass one of them in the hall or in the lobby without them stopping to greet me and/or asking me if I was enjoying my stay etc. They all spoke English which was a pleasure, albeit some better than others, and could not do enough for me throughout my stay. The terrace from my room was huge and so floral and beautifully charming, as were the rest of the grounds. The infinity pool was great, and a welcome treat after a hot August day on the beach. The breakfasts consisted of a huge selection of pastries, fresh fruits, eggs, meats and cheeses and cappuccino made to order! The rooms and property were very well maintained and clean. We had friends who stayed at some of the hotels on the beach, and they all loved our hotel when they came to meet us for drinks on the terrace. We also paid much less than they did and clearly got the better deal at Marincanto. Book this hotel, don't bother to look any further - you cannot beat the location, value, and beauty of this hotel...trust me!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have just had an incredible 5 night stay at hotel Marincanto. Great service, views, and location. Highly recommend staying here, and definately in Positano if you are planning to visit the Amalfi Coast.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed the last 2 days in positano and the merincanto made us feel so special. It was by far the best stay during our 2 week Italy tour.

- thx Antonella for helping us arrange the room for our 2 day stay !

- the man at the front desk covering evenings was fantastic. Always a smile, very helpful with advice on tours and dinner reservations.

- breakfast was memorable with sweeping views of the Mediterranean

- room was very large for Italy with an amazing bathroom and spacious bedroom.

- only downside was not having as much privacy with a room by the main deck.

Thx merincanto for the great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Incredible hotel, location and staff. Very friendly, helpful and caring employees. Always greeted us with a smile, always quick to give directions, make reservations or provide any assistance we needed. We enjoyed the hotel and all of its amenities. Highly recommended. Enza, Antonella, Gianni and staff were great!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Trying to decide how to write this review. I'll start with the good -- the service was very good, especially Gionni, who serves on the terraces and at the pool. The food service was very good (I'm sorry, there were a couple of ladies and I forgot their names). The desk wasn't overly attentive, but helpful when needed. We had room 224, which as stated in other reviews has an amazing view, as does the common areas. The bad? The window to the bathroom for the unit next to us opened onto the end of our terrace, so we could literally hear the people next to us showering and talking in the bathroom -- and they could look out onto us -- a bit awkward. Also, the room above must have been some kind of apartment, because we could hear them banging around and cooking. During the middle of one of the nights, the neighbors must have had a fight because there was loud banging on a door and we woke and looked out to see one of the employees there with a woman who was banging on the neighbor door and then proceeded to enter her room and yell and scream. So, in all, the views were great, service good, but I would have thought for the price that there would have been a bit more quiet and privacy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane0512
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Marincanto, late August-early September and just loved it. From the minute Antonella checked us in, we were always received with huge smiles and great advice on restaurants, excursions, transportation, etc. Enza and Giovanni were also amazing! As others have stated, the Marincanto is in the perfect location, high on the cliffs to take advantage of the view but walkable anywhere (get ready for these hills). I wasn't sure we'd take advantage of the pool but we did, every afternoon. Giovanni brought us Vodka tonics while we were chatted with wonderful new friends about all of the things we had each seen and done. The hotel was a mix of people our age (40's-50's) as well as younger couples (late 20's). The breakfast buffet was plentiful and the patio was a beautiful place to begin each day. We stayed in room 203 (a junior suite)which had a great terrace with a lovely view of the sea but no real view of the cliffs. This didn't bother us a bit, we still loved it. The bathroom shower (a bathtub with a 1/2 clear "wall") had a problem with leaking and it would have been tough to manage if we were either very tall or large. We handled it okay, just went through extra towels soaking up the floor. We left the Marincanto and went on to Rome to stay in a 5 star hotel that was a disappointment after the fabulous treatment we received at the Marincanto. Wish we were there right now!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple