All reviews beach bar beachfront hotel bring some water shoes a short easy walk fornillo beach main beach paved path hotel restaurant the main town area main part private beach your luggage main positano amalfi coast wedding guests sound of the waves beautiful walk
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Today I checked into the hotel at the first leg of my 2 week vacation in Italy. Positano has always been a dream location for me and I was so happy to have made it come true. From the moment I stepped off the ferry and was greeted by their porter, I was made to feel inferior or strange for visiting the city by myself. While on the walk to the hotel the porter was greeted by another employee of the hotel to which he made known that I was traveling by myself. At check in, the same thing, I was looked at to be strange for wishing to enjoy a trip to Positano by myself. The receptionist insisted that I leave my passport at the desk so that she can complete my registration following showing me to my room. When I retrieved my passport a short while later, another woman at the desk pulled my passport from a cubby behind the desk and proceeded to ask me for clarification as to why there was only one in the cubby. Following that exchange I made the walk into Positano and returned a bit later only to be glared at by the same receptionist from check in and an employee of the restaurant. Not only was I meet with glares from the two of them, neither even uttered a ‘good evening or welcome back.’ Not even a slight smile. Traveling as a solo young woman is hard enough. I am disgusted in the treatment by the employees of this hotel and will certainly not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
4  Thank Bbout
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I went to Amalfi coast with my wife and stayed at Pupetto for 4 days. It was such a great experience. The location, the room, the bar, the food, the service and the overall vibe was just great. Veronica, who managed our stay, was warm, welcoming and with helpful. She made the stay even better. We did not feel like leaving the place. Anytime we come to positano, we are going to stay just at Pupetto. A special thanks to Veronica!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Sure, the hotel isn't the most modern, but you'd be hard pressed to find anything too updated on the Amalfi Coast with this price tag. We were very pleased with our room with a terrace. Good value. It was VERY clean, VERY large, and had the best view ever. The AC worked very well.

The folks at the front desk were very very nice, very accommodating, and spoke English well. Yes, it's down 300 stairs. But isn't that worth it to be on a private beach on the AC?

We were very happy with the restaurant. Domenico was a great waiter, very nice and attentive. The pizza was amazing. The only thing the breakfast was missing that we had in our other 2 hotels in Italy was mimosas/prosecco. The view from the hotel restaurant (not Cafe below) is second to none. I found the downstairs cafe to be too crowded and not as attentive.

Please take it from me and BUY AQUA SOCKS for the beach. The BEST $20 I ever spent just for 2 days on the beach. You do NOT want to negotiate this beach barefoot.

We needed to get back from Naples so we took a private car back and had to walk the 300 steps up in 95 degrees, but slow and steady we survived. The views on the way up and at the top were worth it. As far as luggage to/from the road, let them know 30 minutes in advance of your arrival or departure and a porter will move it for you.

To the town, it's a quick and fairly easy 10 minute walk with amazing views there also.

Loved it at this hotel and would return again. Highly suggest a private charter on Blue Star Positano also! Great meal at Cafe Max as well.

Room Tip: get a terrace!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank razorbacks44
Reviewed July 30, 2018

very clean hotel with friendly staff. stayed here on a multi stop trip around Italy.
would recommend this hotel which is on the beach. it is 300 steps down to the hotel and we did not fancy walking back up all those steps so we went the easier way and caught a ferry to our next stop which was Sorrento. we would definitely use this hotel again if in Positano again. would definitely recommend

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

This hotel is located on Fornillo Beach which is a smaller beach not in the heart of town which is why we loved it. Not as busy and the hotel right on the water - perfect. We arrived by car so the many steps from the road down had us a little concerned until we learned that there is a walkway along the water that takes you right into town and to the ferries. We came down the steps and never went up. The beach is pebbles so pack your water shoes and you will rent your chair/umbrellas for the day. The hotel was great - very clean with lots of white and colorful Italian tiles. The AC was incredible. The only complaint is the odd shower design. The curtain ends about 5 inches above the top of the tub so the water drips all over the floor and there is no way to adjust it.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family