“GREAT EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Franklin Square, New York
“GREAT EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Excellent service, outsatnding location and wonderfull views, Imposible to ask for more. The room was just perfect in size and the balcony overlooking the ocean and the town was breaktaking. In the morning the complementary breakfast was excellent with unlimited expressos fresh made. The Hotel is located in the main street with in walking distance to everything, Positano is an special town and Hotel Savoia will not disappoint you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MAGICJUAN10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We were so fortunate to get the last available room at this charming hotel. The staff was very helpful as we made plans and changed them, asking questions repeatedly via email.
The location was perfect! There are no streets for cars near the beach, but at the top of the pedestrian alleys and stairs sits the Hotel Savoia!!! Many hotels are far from the shopping so be careful choosing where to stay as you will be walking up or down stairs and streets. Nothing is flat in Positano except at the beach.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Muvsalot
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed 7 nights in this hotel, it is in an excellent location, I had a single room and so had a garden view rather than ocean views but still a comfortable room, modern bathroom facilities and the breakfast was good and had a good range of food.The staff could not have been more helpful and were always friendly, this included reception , bar and breakfast, highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brian B
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I found this hotel to be located in a perfect position near the centre so I was able to walk to the shops and down to the beach. The staff were always helpful the room was clean and also spacious enough for 1 person it had a little balcony which overlooked beautiful positano.
After saying all of above I did find little things with the hotel which could be looked into, eg: it does say the hotel has wifi but does not specify that the only place you can get wifi is in the foyer and level 1
The hotel does not have an iron (I know we are on holidays and we should not have to iron) but when you have linen garments with you that need Ironing I could not locate a place that would just iron my garments unless I had them laundered!
Another "little"thing was that the toiletries that they supply you with in the hotel they only supplied shampoo there was no body wash, no conditioner and also no body moisturiser.
In my personal opinion a hotel of this standard should have these little things that I have mentioned above.
After saying all of that I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm sure all there rooms have a room that overlooks beautiful positano
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nancy095
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I just returned from a four night stay in Positano. We chose Hotel Savoia from other reviews and agree with the good ones. The location is great. It's a hike to and from the beach, but not too far. We had a quad room which was big, clean and the bathroom was large. The terrace had a great view of the hills. The staff,many family members, were friendly and helpful. We hired a driver from Rome and the 3 hour trip was easy. A bit expensive, but with 4 people it is affordable. I would stay there again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peggy H
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Hotel Savoia was perfect! Four friends traveled to the Amalfi Coast, and stayed four days at the Savoia. The location was fantasitic! Located in the heart of the town, but high enough that we had spectacular coastal and town views from our balcony! We had two suites -- both were beautiful, but different -- each with gorgeous colors, stunning tiles, and beautiful and comfy furnature. We felt like we were in a little slice of heaven. The lobby and breakfast area are both gorgeous, as well. The breakfast area has fabulous views, and tables inside and outside -- just charming as can be. The breakfasts were delicious, and customer service was superb. Furthermore, we could not get over thed price, considering the lux accommodations.

Room Tip: Both of our suites were spectacular -- rooms and views. My sleep quality was excellent, but I rated...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dawnpilkington
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just left the hotel today and I couldn't take another minute there.

Pros
The breakfast was pretty good, the wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The women at the front desk were always smiling and very nice. The AC was great and the room was big.

Cons & Misc. Info
If you are an early riser and don't plan on spending any time at the hotel then maybe this hotel will work for you. I was on vacation to relax and sleep in past 8. Every morning I woke up to loud footsteps in the hallway, the cleaning service yelling to each other, the sound of moving furniture skidding across the tile floors and heavy traffic zipping by the street below.

The neighboring room's shower and toilet sounded like it was ours, right by the head of the bed. The walls are beyond paper thin, the shower doesn't get past warm, the decor is out dated. I read the reviews and thought, oh people must be over doing the complaints, it can't really be THAT bad, not the case. The exhaust from the street was very pungent and made sitting out on the balcony unappealing. If I were to visit the Amalfi coast again I would stay in Ravello or Priano.

The bed was very uncomfortable, and it was actually two twins pushed together, which is common in this area for some reason. I could feel the springs digging into my side when I woke up in the morning. The pillows were old, flat and

The beach in Positano was inundated with tourist, great for younger people (late teens and early twenties), single people and families, but definitely not a relaxing romantic getaway. The Buca de Bacco hotel on the water looked like it had a great view and it was away from the noise of the main road, also the Hotel Palazzo Murat was very serene when we walked in and checked it out. If you read about steps to get to a hotel, that is a good thing, that is ensuring you will be off the main noisy street.

The commute to get to Positano is quite far. We flew into Naples and took the bus for 10 Euros each to Sorrento, then we took the Sita bus for just about 4 Euros to Positano. It took about 3 hours to get there from the airport. On the way back we took the train to Naples from Sorrento that was a bit faster, we used our SITA art card. You can buy an "Art Card" in Sorrento at the magazine shop on the bottom right hand side of the train station for 32 Euros. It will get you three days of unlimited train, bus, and (restricted) boat transportation throughout the Amalfi coast. The card also gets you FREE entry into any museum in the area, we used it for Pompeii. The hotel was about a ten minute walk down the hill from the bus stop, It's the second stop in Positano. The first stop is Positano upper, you don't want that one. Be careful if visiting Sorrento at night, the last bus leaves for Positano at 10PM, the taxi's wanted 75 Euro to take us back to Positanto and they didn't drop us off at the lower part of the city, which is a twenty minute walk.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the elevator or the stairs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple