Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Grassi Junior - Positano Boat services
All reviews green grotto paid euros hour trip an amazing experience private tour highly recommend this company last minute highlight of our trip skipper caves towels ciro coast swims charter sailors roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was solo traveler coming in from Naples to meet at the shared Gozzo Boat at 9:30. All should have been fine, but there was a small delay in Sorrento with the SITA bus which would mean I would get to the port of departure at around 9:35-9:40. I called the Grassi Junior to make sure this would be alright so I would not miss the trip and assured them I would be just 5 minutes late for a 7 hour journey. They told me no problem at all and they would hold the boat up for me. I come sprinting down at 9:35 just like I said and they told me I missed the boat, and there would be no way to get on it and there would be no refund. I was furious because I had called to make sure this was alright instead of splitting a taxi with others that would have cost me 30 euro instead of the 2 euro for the bus, but I would have done it in order to not miss the trip. These people are dishonest. I am a young 20's solo traveler and saved up a lot of money to do this trip. Would not recommend. They did not even seem to care when I showed up, just happy they already had my money.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank chaser1996
Chiaradamico, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Grassi Junior - Positano Boat services, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

You are really dishonest people!!! You had to stay at the Grassi Junior ticket office at 9 am... and you arrived here at 9.45 am!!! We must respect our departure time because our guests have been waiting for more than 30 minutes for your arrival... and our boss Paolo was very helpful and generous with you because he OFFERED a FERRY ticket to Capri to reach our group and finally you CAME BACK WITH US! Live you thanked him for this and you were happy with his offer ... and then write this bad review? You are really UNGRATEFUL and unfair.
And to be even more precise, I stress that as it is clearly written on our website and on all our portals, the tickets for the collective tour are at a reduced price because they are NOT REFUNDABLE. So we weren't even supposed to offer you the ferry ticket ... it was an act of generosity from our boss that you didn't understand or appreciate.
If you arrive 45 minutes late the fault is only yours ... it's not fair to take it out on us that we respect the times... to respect our customers.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

We had the most delightful time on a Capri day trip. Our family of 4, were part of 9 total on the boat. We all became fast friends and enjoyed our trip immensely. It rained for part of our trip (spring!), but the covered portion of the boat was a nice break from the rain. The driver was kind and knowledgeable of the area. We really enjoyed our time and the hospitality of the tour and would highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: April 2019
2  Thank teomom
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I visited Positano in mid of August with my husband and took a private boat tour to Capri from Positano. We booked Romar boat before our arrival at Positano. Our tour started around 10 AM and we were back around 4:30PM, though we booked a 7-hour full day tour, but we were very content with the 6 hour ish ride. The boat has basic amenities like Towel, life jacket and we were also offered drinks including water, Coke, Beer. Our sailor for the day was very nice and kind. He explained us very well and showed all the beautiful caves around Capri island. We also stopped at one of the caves to swim.
I would recommend their boat service.
P.S.: It is good to reserve a table at Capri island before going, though the Grassi Junior guys can also arrange one. But I would recommend reserving your own and tell the sailor so he can drop off you at the Capri island at nearby location.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Scenic591701
Reviewed August 27, 2018

What an amazing & memorable experience for our family (includes 3 kids ages 18,15,14)!! Highly, highly recommended! It's not cheap but worth it. We were there in Aug 2018 (peak season) and paid 800 euros for a 4-hr private tour for a family of 5. We got a beautiful boat stocked with beer, prosecco, sodas, water, & towels. Our captain was Ciro, a local who has lived all his life in Positano. He was awesome and offered lots of interesting details as we toured the spectacular Amalfi Coast. It was a very relaxed tour with no pressure to get back. The agenda was completely up to us, jumping in to swim at our leisure, explore grottos, take pictures, etc. Just a wonderful, wonderful experience. I highly recommend you request Ciro.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Ivan M
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Positano was the last leg of our honeymoon, and we were especially looking forward to a relaxing boat tour to Capri w/ Grassi Junior. We emailed and called to confirm the details of the trip, which were vague: show up to the booth on the pier 20 mins prior to departure and tell them you booked a tour via email. We did exactly that, but long story short, we were mistakenly given water taxi tickets instead and completely missed our boat, (which they charged us in full for) and had to figure out and pay for excursions on Capri, which was beyond crowded. The company said they could not refund us, but offered to repay us for one taxi ride back (~$30) and take us back to Positano when the boat left for the day -- so basically, catch the boat we paid $175 to be on for whole day anyway. Unfortunately, our day on Capri was stressful, expensive and not enjoyable. When we got to the dock to meet the GJ boat at 4:28 for a 4:30 departure (we were running late b/c we got stuck in Anacapri for 2 hours b/c the buses just stopped coming), the boat was pulling away (so much for the 4:30 departure). Another couple that was on that original boat tour had also just arrived to the dock so the boat saw all of us and came back to pick us up. We had a very nice ride back to Positano, and they even stopped to let us swim around for a bit. However, my complaint is centered around the fact that nearly $300 went right down the drain and, rather than recognizing the miscommunication and making us, as paying customers, happy, the company instead placed the blame on US. Traveling to another country can be stressful and miscommunication can happen very easily. We did everything we could to ensure we knew where we were going, etc. and Grassi Junior did a very poor job at providing clear directions. They even told us that their no refund policy is because the island of Capri taxes GJ for boat tours to the island, so if someone cancels, they lose out of money. Translation = their monetary loss was more important than ours. This was a classic case of miscommunication and rather than eating that ~100 Euro and refunding us, they instead created two very unhappy customers who now have a bad taste in their mouth about the tour and Capri as an island.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank NJTraveler1209
Chiaradamico, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grassi Junior - Positano Boat services, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

I'm mortified by the unfortunate misunderstanding but after careful investigation among my co-workers, I understand that you arrived on time but did not request tickets for the capri tour, buying 2 tickets for the ferry. The ferry ticket operator operated as requested and left shortly thereafter. The private boat of the collective Capri, as evidenced by the mail I sent to Your Travel agency at 9.20 am, waited for you. We were unaware that you had taken the ferry ... Our Boat waited for you until 9.40 am!!!
So, for our company, you buy (at a reduced price, different from the one agreed) another service and got on a ferry with 400 people instead of on a private gozzo of 12.
In addition, you have contacted our ticket office only when we have take the Money for the Capri collective tour, which I announced, we operate even if the customer does not show up for boarding. Capri collective tour ticket are discounted but non-refundable prices.
Finally, despite the company is not responsible for the error of purchase service, as soon as we understood what had happened, we immediately refunded the return ferry ticket (about € 40) and expected you in Capri to complete the tour with private boat and bath in Nerano.
My boss says that we can not do more because the reduced tickets for the Capri tour are not refundable and we have already reimbursed the ferry at our expense.
We are very sorry for the incident
We provided you drinks and towels as agreed and we tried to do everything possible to make the tour enjoyable.
I hope you will understand our position.