“Path of the Gods - spectacular hike even tho it rained! Lucy is why.”
Review of Zia Lucy

and up
Positano Walking tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Zia Lucy's hiking and Tours are made for people who want to explore the authentic Campania: Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento Peninsula and Capri. The tours are with an expert and licensed local guide who loves her town, Positano, and really knows its secrets, because grown up in this magical land. Every tour is made to give to the guests a local point of view, through the eyes of an insider. The tours are in English, Spanish and Italian. Zia Lucy wants peolpe to feel like at home, that's why everyone is always welcome. New: Cooking School, food and wine tour available
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Husband, kids, 10 and 12, hiked this path in the sky on June 1 with Lucy. It was a highlight of our 12-day trip, and I say that even though it poured at the end of our hike! Lucy was accommodating, knowledegable, prepared and so very kind. After it poured, she called in her friend Andreas to help. Because we felt safe the whole time, we agreed (afterward) that it had been a good adventure.

There had been a bad storm the night before our hike, and the gorgeous morning, we knew, didn't mean a rain-free day. Lucy left it up to us whether to postpone. We said, let's go for it. Lucy arrived with a backpack full of ponchos, we picked up a delicious picnic of meats and cheeses, and set off under what was, for a few hours, a perfect blue sky.

The hike itself is breathtaking and full of surprises, and, we did not think, all that strenuous. Terraced gardens, vineyards, an old monestary, and views of the Coastline you can't get anywhere else, all the way to Capri! Add to that Lucy's knowledge of the plants - tiny orchids grow there; yellowish ash from Vesuvius still tumbles out of holes and has a great influence over what grows there; when we heard goats from the cliffs above, she let us in on the locals' name for that section of the walk: The Path of the Goats. There are many other surprises that sort of quietly await discovery: My daughter, 10, happened to peer into a cave-like overhang and found a statue of the Virgin Mary staring back.

We had begun noticing that, hey, the sea looks funny out there, and you can't see Capri anymore. Out came the ponchos and shortly after, down came the rain for the last 1/4 of our walk. Lucy was wonderful the whole way. When we arrived in lovely Nocella, she asked her friend Andreas to pick us up and take us back to Praiano so we wouldn't have to walk down 1,700 stairs to Positano for the bus! She didn't have to do that, nor did he.

We really felt well-taken care of and if we are ever able to return, I'd call her again partly for her gentle and steady company.

Thank you Lucy and Andreas!

2  Thank LaurieGreatFalls
zialucy, Proprietario at Zia Lucy, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Laurie,
thanks a lot for your review.
We had a funny walk that day and I'm sorry that weather changed so fast. Maybe next time we will walk in a perfect sunny day so I'm waiting for you and your family on the Amalfi Coast.

All reviews
"amalfi coast"
in 65 reviews
"local cafe"
in 4 reviews
"walking tour of positano"
in 9 reviews
in 3 reviews
"delicious lunch"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love getting more than I expected, but love even more being being constantly surprised with warmth, humor, knowledge and great stories. Our guided tour was a gift from my daughter who obviously did her homework finding a special person to share the day with my husband and I. Lucy was like spending the day with a good friend who just happened to be so wise about the local flora, history, organized, calm, happy, enthusiastic and professional. Our day started with a stressfree bus ride to the beginning of our hike. Lucy had our tickets and was waiting for us. After the short bus ride we were already comfortable and knew we were in good hands. Next Lucy stopped by local stores to pick up the most delicious variety of meats, cheeses, olives, breads for our picnic (which she carried) then a cappuccino and candy bar for the road.. Yum. From then on it was one beautiful moment after the next. Lucy was as enthusiastic as if it was the first time she had seen the rosemary, orchids, caterpillars, mint,etc. that adorned the trail. Please don't miss this opportunity to have Lucy as your guide.

1  Thank kburlage

Hello K,
thanks a lot for the beautiful review and for the day we spent together.
I like lots of the plants of the Coast so when I see a new one I feel very happy.
I hope to see you again here.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

When we were a group of seven (including an 84 year old!), visiting Positano in May, Lucy met us at our hotel with bus tickets in hand, for the public bus to Nocelle. We hiked a part of the Path of the Gods and it was great having Lucy in the lead. She talked about the herbs and plants we were seeing, as well as the countryside. It was a fabulous morning. If you are walking the Path of the Gods, walk with Zia Lucy!

Dear Andy,
Thanks a lot for your review and for coming on the Path of the Gods.
I'm very proud of all of you, especially of your 84 old mother.
I hope to see you again,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went for the walk of the two provinces with Lucy, and met up with her at Café Internationale in Positano. Her boyfriend joined us for the walk, which was about 7 km and lasted for around 5-6 hours. I truely suggest this walk since it is something different than the Path Of The Gods.

On this walk you truely see all the different vegetation and alle the different insects in the whole region (which is really diverse). Some experience is needed for this walk since it's quite a long walk. Lucy is truely amazing, she knows about every herb, plant, insect present in the region and explains a bit about the histroy all along the walk.

She was concerned about our physical condition all along the walk, asking us several times if we were ok and suggesting we should drink several times. Even after the walk she wrote us a mail to use Voltaren gel if we had sore muscles from the walk.

Very nice experience in Positano/Amalfi region!

2  Thank Christophe00

Dear Chrisopher,
thanks a lot for your review and for coming on the Amalfi Coast.
We had a great day with you and your wife and I'm happy that you like it.
Hope to see you again.