“Hilltop views!”

Ranked #6 of 48 Positano B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Hilltop views!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We travelled to the Amalfi coast from London for 5 nights and could not have chosen a nicer place to stay at. Pietro was an attentive and gracious host and made our stay a very memorable one. There are only 3 rooms in the property which makes it a very homely experience. Views from the balcony are lovely where breakfast is served daily, and the restaurant downstairs does delicious wood fired oven pizzas. It is a short walk from the SITA bus stop and the stroll into town offers great beach views. The rooms are quite large which adds to the feeling of space and comfort. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mike d

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We travelled to Positano from March 14 to 16. We choose Dimora del Podesta because of the great reviews. We were very pleased with our stay. Pietro was very helpful and nice! Our room was very spacious and clean. We had breakfast every morning on the balcony and it was good. If you are driving here, there is a parking lot/garage right beside it. Parking is not an easy find around these areas so that's great. We also didn't have to lug our suitcases up stairs as this B&B was on the main road! The family restaurant downstairs was great and convenient. We also had a 10% discount for staying upstairs. Everyone was very nice and the food was delicious. Overall a great stay! Very happy we chose this place!

1 Thank Ange A
Middlesex, Vermont
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I celebrated part of our 25th anniversary with the folks at Dimora del Podesta and we will never regret it. The family was very welcoming and accepting. Though we had a couple rainy days during our March stay, the sun greeted us full blast on the first and last days - and the family always checked in with our comfort. We walked and walked through the quaint town, but loved returning to our room with the balcony overlooking the sea. In the family owned restaurant downstairs, they all worked together with precise rhythms and collaborations as though they were dancing - it was amazing to watch. The limoncello was the best we drank throughout our 3 week stay in Italy. I would highly recommend and hope one day we can return!

Room Tip: All rooms are special!
1 Thank Kate222014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would recommend this place to anyone. It is in a great location. The owners are lovely and very helpful- helping us plan our trip and timetable each day (buses etc). The room was lovely, spacious and very clean. Having breakfast in your room is really nice- especially when its a nice day and you can have it on the balcony outside. The family restaurant next door is also really good and I would recommend eating there. Overall a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view so cant fault that!
1 Thank Bianca B
Enfield
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a wonderful short break at Dimora del Podesta in Positano. The room was very spacious with a marvellous view over the sea. Breakfast was good, brought to us to be eaten on the room's balcony. Downstairs is the restaurant (Saraceno d'Oro) owned by the family, which was a great place to eat (and a 10% discount was given if you were staying in the B&B). More or less opposite is a walk (quite steep!) down to a quiet pebbly beach. One tip: - if you are comming by bus from Sorrento, get off at the stop just before arriving in Positano. It is then a short walk down to the B&B. Otherwise it is quite a longish walk (or bus/taxi) through Positano if you have cases.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PhandEm
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My wife and four children were extremely fortunate to have stayed at Dimora del Podesta in January 2014.

Our trip began inauspiciously when, in Amalfi, we discovered the road to Positano had been closed due to a mudslide (a fact no one had seen fit to share with us when booking our train and bus tickets - it was left to Pietro, our host at Dimora del Podesta, to let me know by telephone).

The next day, after an unplanned overnight stop in Amalfi, we were faced with the unappealing prospect of retracing our steps back via Naples. However, the indefatigable Pietro intervened and volunteered to drive two cars with his brother via backstreets to Amalfi to pick us up and take us to Positano that morning, for a very modest cost - saving us virtually an entire day of travel.

This was our introduction to Pietro's extraordinary friendliness and hospitality which included many such kindnesses during our time at Dimora del Podesta, culminating in Pietro arranging to drive our luggage to the bus stop at the end of our stay, at much inconvenience to himself.

Our accommodation was extremely comfortable, with large, attractively furnished and decorated rooms, modern facilities and wonderful views, in an old, delightfully historic building with a fascinating family history. Pietro also provided a very expansive Italian continental breakfast.

Our only regret was that the sister restaurant to Dimora del Podesta, Saraceno d'Oro, was closed for the winter. It does give us an excuse, though, to return to Positano (and Dimora del Podesta) at some point in the future to sample Pietro's hospitality once again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nick A
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed at this divine bed and breakfast in October 2013 to celebrate my 40th birthday. Five of us traveled to Positano but one of my friends was unable to secure a room in time and ended up staying at the sister property next door. She found it delightful. My best friend and our moms booked 2 rooms at the property to cap off our Italian holiday. My mom and I stayed in La Musica (I HIGHLY recommend this room) and my best friend and her mom stayed in the third room at the end of the hallway.
I LOVED all of the rooms but especially La Musica. La Musica felt like a wonderful upgrade. It's spacious with a ceiling fan, 2 balconies, a nice bathroom completely set apart from the lounging area of the room, and a shower that was ON POINT! I looked forward to washing the day away with some of the best water pressure and water jets that hit many parts of your body at once. Absolutely divine!

The owners are amazing and work so HARD to make your stay a memorable and pleasant one. I regret not writing this review sooner. This family definitely makes you feel appreciated and catered to. The entire family from Elia and Pietro, to their mother, to the restaurant staff, and housekeeper all are so attentive, positive, and cheerful. They made all of us, especially the mothers staying there feel like honored guests.
Everyone was so welcoming and delightful. We enjoyed that everyone remembered us and seemed genuinely concerned that we have a great time. Elia gave us plenty of info and help on setting up a tour of Capri and Anacapri. The tour was wonderful and soooooo much better than the previous tour I took 3 years ago. I really appreciated Pietro and the restaurant staff taking such good care of my mom one of the days she stayed back to rest. She found it to be one the most pleasant and best moments of the trip. She loved going down to the restaurant and just sitting out, having a pleasant lunch, and taking in the afternoon while having some really good food.
You cannot beat this place for quality, sheer loveliness, and value. The owners are so hands-on and amazing. Elia took our luggage up without hesitation. I loved taking my breakfast on the balcony overlooking the road and mountains dotted with beautiful villas, hotels and homes. I miss the smells from the kitchen across the hall where Elia and Pietro's mom warmed some of the best cornettos for us for breakfast and then brought a tray over with jams, fresh hot coffee, juices, waters, your choice of cereals, and breads. Not to mention the biscuits and cookies to take with coffee. Some of the best mornings were spent watching the sun rise and following some of the tiniest hummingbirds I'd ever seen come right to our balcony to sip nectar from the flowers hanging there. Truly memorable.
This place was a welcome respite after the busy pace of Rome. I loved hearing the people at the restaurants joke and laugh in Italian as the night came to a close. They enjoyed each other and life in general. They seemed to "get it" so to speak. That you have to take time to reconnect with the people you love and slow down, be silly, and enjoy yourself. It was quite soothing. Every night reminded me of when tv had some kind of dignity and actually went off the air. You could watch the homes, villas and hotels along the mountain side all begin to one-by-one close their windows, turn off their lights, and go to bed. I definitely had my internal batteries recharged while staying here and it was much needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends