“A great place to get away!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Nettuno

and 1 more site!
Villa Nettuno
New York City, New York
“A great place to get away!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Wow, absolutely phenomenal views from your room at Villa Nettuno. The balcony opened up to the ocean and I just couldn't stop staring out from it! It felt like such a secret getaway and I loved the place very much.

The rooms, are as promised, very simple. It offers basic beds, closets, and a desk/chair to eat at. There's no TV or internet, but there are also individual AC units, which is the only necessary thing in the summer heat! Bathrooms were also huge -- but there are no shower curtains (please install them!) so water splashed everywhere.

I was helped by Claudio, who was an extremely friendly old man and made my stay super great! He smiled a lot, was good to make recommendations for restaurants (Saracen D'oro, super good), and was extremely genuine and willing to help.

The only downside about this place is you need to climb a LOT of stairs! Once you enter the "Villa," you need to climb maybe 3-4 flights of stairs up to the main building. Once you reach the main building, you need to climb again another 2-3 flights of stairs up to your room. If you have a lot of luggage, this might be problematic. I only carried a day bag with me, so it was very easy... but I can imagine if you had a lot of luggage, I wouldn't be too happy about staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lilyiann

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We booked a double room with ocean view and were given a family suite! The extra space was great. I think the upgrade was due to being on our honeymoon. The room was large and clean. Furniture was outdated but we liked the it. Water pressure in shower could've been better, but it was good enough. The balcony was great and the views breathtaking. There was a bar fridge in the room which was really handy. Claudio recommended some good restaurants too, the best was La Guarancino. It is a pretty long uphill walk to the hotel, but it's well worth it for the views. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Crystal H
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I returned to Positano after 30 years absence and when I started to come down the hill towards Positano I was actually crying.....it completely overwhelmed me...again!
My partner, my 23yo daughter and I stayed at Villa Nettuno (me for the second time) and it was all that I had been bragging about. It is a very modest, no frills place but the views are absolutely breathtaking.
We had a little fridge in our room, a fabulous little balcony and the view.......
We had two separate rooms, and the bathroom was large and roomy for the three of us. Both had the balconies and my daughter's had another window with another sensational view of the town below.
Claudio, the owner, could never do enough for us......heapful with anything we asked for.....recommended some fantastic places to eat (Saraceno d'Oro) the BEST.
I shall return again and again
Thank you CLaudio for a wonderful stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dianne W
Wellington, NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and we felt like this place was some sort of secret! The room is fantastic! It's large, has amazing views, with a good size bathroom and private balcony. You get a small fridge, room furntiture and beach towels on request. The room isn't flashy but simple and clean. No wifi or breakfast but for only 80 euros who cares? You can get free wifi when you dine at most restaurants on the beach front anyway. The owner is amazing! It felt like staying with family. This was the cheapest of anywhere we stayed in Europe but definitely one of our favourites. We would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel H
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

My fiance and I just left Positano after staying 6 nights in Villa Nettuno. The room was fantastic. Large but simple with the most spectacular view of the ocean and the coastline. Good oportunity to walk off all the pizza, pasta and wine as its perched up the hill. If you want facilities such as a restaurant, pool, TV, WiFi, maybe this is not the place for you. But if you want the best view and best value room in Positano, you could not be disappointed. Claudio the owner is absolutely lovely and so very helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone and would return in a heart beat :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 5 days over Easter. The room was large and a very reasonable price for the area. Claudo, the manager, went out of his way to provide us with information on Positano and the surrounding area. The view was spectacular, it was sensational to wake up and view the coast and the mountains from our balcony. The room was cleaned daily and had a small fridge, couch, wardrobe and desk. The shower pressure needed a boost but in an old building you can't have everything.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed in this wonderful hotel overlooking the sea in July 2011. If you are looking for a Hilton, you will be dissappointed. However, if you are looking for a quaint, distinctive, clean place with among the best views ever, you will like it. I was glad to read other review which showed that most had a similar love of the place. We had adjoining rooms on the top floor and it was perfect for a family.

The host was somewhat shy, but charming and very welcoming and helpful. While every place we stayed in Greece on our trip had very welcoming hosts, that was not always the case in Italy for us (no one was rude, just a little less interested in making us feel welcome). However, the owner here was really great and helped make our stay very pleasant.

The only downside was the hotel is a good distance/height above the beach so if you do not want to/like to/can't walk far, this may not be the best location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family