“Ideal B and B in Positano, Unbeatable for the Value”
Review of Villa Palumbo B&B

Villa Palumbo B&B
Ranked #22 of 53 Positano B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I are 26 and took a 9-day Italy trip (2 in Positano). This B and B was phenomenal. Here's why (labeled by what's important to me):

1. Safety- Safe place to begin with, but locked gate and double locked room doors. We never felt unsafe.

2. Location- Although you have to descend/ascend 300 stairs to get to/from the center of town, the top of the stairs is about 15 ft. down the street of the B and B. But if you have bad hips/bad knees you may want to get a B and B in the center of town (or not go to Positano at all- just see Cinque Terra). Views were phenomenal for the price (we paid ~80E/night, I'd heard of 100+ for alley views), from our balcony we could see the whole town (almost the water but not quite). It was also sort of perched in between the two beaches.

3. Service/friendliness- Staff were great. It was quiet, they didn't speak much English, but they were super nice (wouldn't accept any tip). Very helpful when asking about town. We had breakfast included, and each morning all we had to do was call, and ten minutes later they would bring breakfast (and an actual good one, by European standards) to our balcony to eat and watch the morning unfold on the town. So awesome.

4. As far as cleanliness, toilet, shower, etc. everything was great. We even had an extra bed just for kicks apparently.

Room Tip: I think we were in 14, which I would recommend
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Palumbo B&B

Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Barry W
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked this little gem because of all the positive review on Trip Advisor...I was more than happy and so was my husband. This is a great B & B with beautiful views overlooking Positano. This was on of the best and affordable places we stayed during our trip to Italy. The room was clean and the linens were changed daily. The breakfast was great and served on our balcony daily! We were treated like family and felt like we were staying with relatives...Wifi was better than any place we stayed and the AC worked very well. You must be able to walk though as this is located at the top of the mountain from the shops and beach. We just looked at it as our excuse to eat and drink as we could walk it all off going and coming. I would highly recommmend this B & B to anyone visiting Positano!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I choose this location mainly because of the price and the reviews on Tripadvisor. I must admit for the price I was hopeful but not expecting too much, however, it was perfect and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and clean with an amazing terrace overlooking the interior of Postiano. The AC worked great and they even put a couple of large bottles of water in the fridge for us.

The owners brought down breakfast every morning with fresh squeezed OJ for me and specially-requested fresh squeezed lemons for my wife along with espresso and yummy croisants. We enjoyed this breakfast every morning on the terrace with a nice breeze and an amazing view.

We loved the place so much we decided to stay for another night and the owners were extremely accomodating. They didn't have availability but called some other places for us and worked out a deal for us at another hotel, but in the end another guest from the hotel left early so we got to stay in our room for the entire stay. Again, they did all of this for us without any hesitation.

I highly recommend this place especially if you can get in for less than $110 like I did.

Tips
-Park on the main road in the white spaces for free during your stay and then walk everywhere in the town. Parking otherwise is impossible or expensive.
-There is a little store down the road about 100 feet where can you buy your basic needs and snacks. Keep in mind that it closes for a while in the afternoon.
-There are a few different sets of stairs down to the beach but I suggest the steps next to Hotel Villa Franca about 250 feet down the road from the hotel. it seems to be the most direct route and has some great views of the water along the way.
-Go to Spiaggia del Fornillo (Fornillo beach) if you want to get some sun. It's cheaper than the main touristy beach with more options and in my opinion it's prettier.

Room Tip: We had room 21. It's the only one we saw but it was huge with a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tftjr
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a great B&B with beautiful views overlooking Positano. We stayed here for 3 nights and found this to be one of the best places we stayed at during our two week trip to Italy. It was definitely the best value. The room was spacious with a nice-sized terrace. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming. Our breakfast was brought to the terrace every morning. We also finished our days drinking wine on the terrace. This B&B is toward the top of Positano which we actually found to be a positive thing. We would take the stairs down to town and walk back along the streets to get home. We found some nice restaurants along our walk and there is a small market a very short walk from Villa Palumbo. I would highly recommend Villa Palumbo for a stay in Positano.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at Villa Palumbo. I believe they all face the town.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank trvlrgrl10
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed from Aug 25 thru September 4. The staff treated us like family. The rooms are very clean. Linens are fresh and clean. Wonderful continental breakfast. We had breakfast every morning and wine each evening on our terrace overlooking Positano. Safe and secure. Air conditioning worked well. Bathroom is clean and has plenty of room. Would stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank tcherrier
Reviewed September 11, 2012

i have mostly good things to say about this charming b&b:
-excellent hosteses that do their best to please you
-big room, very clean, good a/c, fridge
-lovely balcony in the room, where breakfast is served daily
-nice breakfast (croisants, toasts, jam, butter, nutela, capucino and canned juice)
-the rooms are rasonably quiet
-bus stop almost in front of the hotel
-good matress!

The very few cons/coments:
-breakfast can get boring after the 3th day
-it is 500 steps from the beach (you could take the bus, though)
-the room, despite nice and clean is simple/traditional in decoration!which was fine for us, specially giventhe competitive price

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple