Forget Il San Pietro and La Sireneuse. Have dinner there. But spend 1/3 as much, and stay at the Punta Regina. Not only is it a great hotel with great rooms and terraces to die for, it has Francesca, who greets you everyday with the warmest smile, and takes care of your very need.
Because we booked late, we could not get the same room for all 3 nights....What luck!!!. Room 25 is medium-sized, but it has a terrace that is at least 500 sq feet, with flowers on both sides for privacy (the smell of the Jasmine was off-the-charts), and huge trumpet vines on the trellis overhead. As you sit there looking overlooking the rooftops, with the cliffs and sea in front and Positano rising on your right, the flower petals literally fall right on you. If that wasn't good enough, Room 33 is very large with the bed facing the sea and a small terrace -- only this terrace has an outdoor jacuzzi. When the clock struck 2 AM, I had to pry myself out.
The hotel sits just above the shopping district, sort of in the restaurant area, so it is out of the maximum bustle but not too far up the hill from the action. In the morning, have breakfast on the rooftop terrace (best bacon anywhere outside of Portugal), and in the afternoon spend some more time up there enjoying the pool, lounge chairs and view. When you get back to the hotel at night, the steps up to the l,obby are covered with flower petals from the bougenvelia overhead.
We learned of this hotel from our travel agent Marie Notot of Elegant Europe. She is recommended by the Karen Brown Guides, and knows how to find special places like the Punta Regina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punta Regina is a charming and romantic hotel with 18 rooms in the heart of Positano.Originally a private villa it has been carefully restored, combining original characteristic charm with the best of contemporary features.The building lies on Via Pasitea, the main street in town, and is easily accessible.Built on four levels, the Hotel has a breath-taking view of the Mediterranean waters, that has made Positano famous.While relaxing from your terrace, not only will you enjoy the sight of "Li Galli" island and the tower "Clavel", but also the many boats sailing in the blue colored waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Albergo Punta Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Punta Regina Positano
- Albergo Punta Regina Hotel Positano