“Fabulous”

Albergo Punta Regina
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Wondetful views of the sea, very friendly and helpful staff, nice clean rooms and great breakfast/ pool area on 4th floor. Positano is wonderful, and Punta Regina is top notch. We stayed in Venice, Positano, Capri and Rome....and this was far and away our favorite hotel. Guiseppina and Francesca are wonderfully helpful, and all of the staff is accommodating and pleasant.

The infinity pool is also a nice cherry in top!

If you are staying in Positano, put the Punta Regina at the top of your list.

2  Thank Adam R

Reviewed July 18, 2012

If your idea of a holiday in such a beautiful place is laying down on the balcony all the time, then this hotel is probably the perfect place for you. However, it might be a bit difficult to find the free seat, since all the beds are taken already during breakfast and are hardly to be deserted until evening. Speaking of breakfast, if you come a bit later there is almost nothing left, so be sure to get up early if you don't want to stay hungry. The location is not optimal and there are many stairs to climb until you reach the hotel, no wonder why their balcony is so popular. The air-conditioning is very hard to control on your own.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gareth X
benedettar, Proprietario at Albergo Punta Regina, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

we thank you to have found time to write a review about the Punta Regina and we wish to let notice that the Punta Regina is a boutique hotel, in any case we are trying to improve our services and also to try to enlarge the common areas.
Our breakfast normally ends by 11:00 am to have the possibility to prepare the other services, by the awy if there is something missin from the buffet, we offer the possibility to order à la carte. All the staff and the management are very flexible and when our guests require a service we are more than pleased to accommodate their desires.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here to attend a wedding and it could not have been more perfect. I have never received better service in a hotel with all of the staff possessing an almost sixth sense as to what the guests require. The food was excellent, the views breathtaking and everything else simply faultless. Would highly recommend to everybody.

2  Thank NavyAlbert
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at the Albergo Punta Regina for 4 nights in early July 2012 and was travelling alone.

From my frist email to the hotel (I booked direct) I was impressed - the replies were professional, friendly and prompt. They made it really easy and held the room for me whilst I booked the flights. They also arranged the transfer for me, which was great.

On arrival late in the evening, the greeting was warm and friendly. I was promptly shown to my room and what a delight it was. I had a room on the first floor and it was lovely with a little juliet balcony and an original tiled floor. It was massive too. It looked out on to the street so you could watch the world go by. The floors on level 2 and 3 have big balconies with stupendous views, but my room suited me fine as I was able to enjoy the views on the terrace (level 4). At night it was really peaceful, during the day you could hear the traffic passing, but then I wasn't really in the room during the day.

The terrace on level 4 for breakfast and evening drinks was the best! This is also where the pool is. The views are simply amazing and it is kept so perfectly clean and tidy. The pool is small but perfectly formed and is such an addition to the hotel (I gather it only opened this summer). The breakfast is lovely - a wonderful selection of food and sooooo relaxing looking out over Positano. Lovely and easy to go for a dip before breakfast too.

What really makes the hotel though is the staff. Francesca and Giuseppina on reception are really friendly and full of helpful advice for getting the most out of the local area. Gianluigi who runs the terrace is fab. He is very friendly and spent ages helping me draw up a route for the Hike of the Gods. He was full of useful information about the local area and even drew me a map. Without his help I would have struggled to find a suitable route. He even gave me his friends name to help me out when I reached Priano.

The hotel is ideally situated for getting around Positano and the Amalfi coast. I visited Capri, Amalfi, Ravello and walked the Hike of the Gods (a beautiful walk in the mountains way above Positano). It takes about 5/10 minutes to walk down the steps into the centre of Positano and a little longer to get back (I took the road route back cos it was easier than the steps). If you prefer you can catch the local bus back up the hill. They run every 15 mins and only cost about £1. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the immediate vacinity of the hotel so you don't have to go into the centre in the evenings. I went to 3 of the restaurants nearby (2 mins walk) and they were all great - tasty food with fab views.

Don't hesitate, just book it and get out there.

Room Tip: If you can't one of the rooms with the balcony and views, book a room on the first floor and enj...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Archiesfriend
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Warm, charming, intimate. Only some qualifications we give to this lovely hotel where we stayed the first two weeks of june. This is still a real Italian hotel, run by a very kind Italian family and their perfect, service-minded staff. The rooms and terraces are spacious, the good breakfast on the roof terrace with the great view on the bay and rocks is a perfect start of the day and on the same roof you find the swimming pool to have a refreshing plounge at the end of a warm day! The hotel is very clean also and perfectly located (quiet but not too far from the centre, surrounded by some very nice restaurants). We could have stayed here all summer! What more can we say?
We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wilhelmina9
Reviewed July 13, 2012

From the jovial Francesca on reception to the sea view terrace breakfast served by friendly staff, via the jacuzzi on the sun drenched balcony adjacent to the biggest hotel room I have ever had the pleasure to stay in....this made for a unique and totally pleasurable honeymoon stay. Fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NorthernExposure33
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Couldn't fault this place. The service was outstanding, the view spectacular, the pool great after the trek up the stairs, breakfast amazing and generally nothing vaguely negative to report! Will be back one day!!

Room Tip: Level 2 has the biggest balcony with the most stunning view!
3  Thank Nicsyd