“Paradise in Positano”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Santa Barbara, California, United States
“Paradise in Positano”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed. From the moment we arrived to peppe waiting to help us to la casa with our bags, to the pristine property with amazing views of the sea It was the start of an amazing stay! The rooms were clean and very comfortable with a wonderful breakfast and coffee every morning. Peppe makes you feel at home and is a fantastic host giving us the scoop on the area and planning fun group dinners at unique restaurants for anyone staying to join in on the fun and positano experience...I will definitely be staying at la casa di peppe again in the future and would highly recommend it to anyone planning to visit positano

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been traveling for about a month now, and have a lot of places to compare Casa di Peppe's to. That being said, I have never felt more at home traveling in all my experience. On arrival, Pepe came to get us from a central location, offered us espresso and showed us the way to his Casa. On arrival I couldn't believe my eyes. The female dorm room (one of two available in Posiatno) was perfect for our since since I was traveling its a friend. The place is immaculate, and located the perfect distance from the centre wih breathtaking views. Peppe was more than happy to show us where to go in terms of local cuisine, and I'm still so pleased that he did.

After reading a negative review about the rules at Casa di Peppe i was somewhat shocked. The rules are not only reasonable but are for the further benefit and safety of the guests. He has security check the premise every evening, and asks that the guests remain quiet out of respect to his neighbors. It's not a place to party, you can go into town for that (a mere 5 minute walk).

To conclude, I would HIGHLY recommend this place if you are looking for an affordable, clean, safe place to stay in Positano. I want to thank Pepe for his enthusiasm, wit, and charm during our stay, and I hope in the near future I can enjoy another stay at Casa di Peppe.

Carrie, Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: The two rooms he has upstairs are amazing with private terraces overlooking the breathtaking Positan...
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a great relaxing place to stay with unbeatable views of breathtaking Positano, and a great host. We stayed here in August 2012 and enjoyed every moment of it! The house was beautiful, and Peppe, the owner was very welcoming and helpful about choosing transportation, and different activity's. We met so many cool people who were also staying at La casa di Peppe and spent many evenings just sitting on the beautiful terrace overlooking the sea. After you personally walk threw Positano, its quite obvious that La casa di Peppe is the prime location and most beautiful hotel to choose from. Positano is a beautiful place it staying at La Casa di Peppe makes the whole experience even more amazing!

1 Thank Hailey L
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are looking for a boutique hotel this is NOT it. This is Peppe's personal home and he will make you aware of it as soon as you show up. As soon as we entered the main room (lobby), Peppe sat us down, took full payment, and handed us his list of rules, which you have to sign and hand back immediately. He has not problem letting you know that if you don't obey his rules that he will "gladly find you some place else to stay." As he explained this to us we looked at each other in amazment. No "Welcome to the villa", No "here's a bottle of water"...Nothing. The villa is beautiful and has kept its charm, but you do not get a chance to enjoy your stay because you feel as if you are walking on egg shells. We traveled to Positano with a group of 8 people and 4 of us stayed here occupying the two most expensive rooms. Each room has a large terrace. We politely asked Peppe if our other half of the group could join us for an early evening cocktail before dinner and he snapped "NO"-- No outsiders. Which was a part of the list or rules as well as no noise, no jacuzzi after a certain time, etc. Although we did not want to do any of this, we felt as if we were constantly walking on egg shells.

The rooms are decent, although not worth the price. We had an issue with mosquitoes and the rooms are not stocked with what you expect from a boutique hotel (no mini body wash, lotion, shampoo, etc). You will only get towels after a few days and don't sleep in too late because the cleaning lady will not clean your room after noon. The included breakfast is your choice of fruit and bagged pastry (not fresh). Pepe will stand there and watch you as you eat to make sure that you are not raiding the breakfast bar.

Positano is a beautiful place, and you can get a more pleasant stay elsewhere for your money. I suggest staying at a real hotel. This way you will feel more relaxed and not as if you're staying at a strangers home.

9 Thank tmparkin
giuseppe r, Owner at La Casa di Peppe Guest House & Villa, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Hi,
I am Peppe the owner of La Casa di Peppe.
I usually never replay to emails because everybody can have a different opinion of a place, hotel, city, etc. but when people are rude to me for no reason and write incorrect stuff about my business i feel really bad and so i need to reply.
Payment is on arrivals because this in not a hotel and so there aren't almost any extras to pay (thats why hotels keep your credit card). The second reason is that booking.com and hostel world tell me that i have to charge on arrival for their commission rules.
By the Italian law and most of the world outsiders are not aloud to go where other rooms are for security reason (if something happen i don't have documents of the outsiders guests) the rooms are for 2 people only and the price is for 2 people. In order to bring outsiders guests has to rent the entire villa.
If all the guests bring outside friends to the villa we will be in 40 - 50 of us and this is never going to happen to my place. I do have a license for 12 guests (by law is the maximum of people that can stay).
All the rooms has shampoo, soap,etc. Mosquitos are everywhere in August and do give for free the mosquito plug but if the windows are open at night doesn't work.
I remember that as soon as u arrived started to complain about no LIFT in the villa from the 1st to the second floor (its a villa from the 1903). When guests are not happy with the rules (it says clearly on the website) or with the rooms or with service i always offer to find another place and give the money back (all of u decided to stay at my place even if u didn't like the rules).
The rules are made in order to aloud to all the guests a pleasant staying at the villa, there is lots of common space and sometimes rude guests can ruin the vibe & atmosphere of La Casa di Peppe.
The prices compared to a hotel are super cheap (remember its a guest house), by room size a hotel in Positano charge a minimum of 500 to 1500 euro per day (50square meters bedroom, double sink bathroom, shower, tub, private terrace. I do charge 220euro per room. (NY Suite).
I am really sorry that u didn't enjoy my place.
Ciao
Peppe
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My first time to visit Italy and what a treat it was to stay at La Casa Di Peppe Boutique Hotel. My first reaction as I entered the gates to the hotel was breathtaking. As i walked down the curving stairway and to the lobby, i was surrounded with lush, blooming flowers and trees with a fresh scent all around me. The hotel is like a hidden gem hiding amidst the lush botanical garden.

I already knew my stay here will be tranquil and very relaxing. The interior decor of the entire hotel is pure elegance with a touch of class. It felt amazing to sit in the middle of it all felt surreal like a fairytale.

The rooms are  beautiful with high vaulted ceilings, clean, well kept with modern, elegant fixtures. The beds were comfortable and there was plenty of space to hang clothes and your personal items. The room i stayed in was equipped with a shower water spa jet system which I really enjoyed!!

The views from this hotel are absolutely breathtaking. What a treat it was to sit outside in the evening to relax after a busy day. Nonstop amazing views of the sea you will never get tired of. I enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet while sitting out in the terrace enjoying the view.

Peppe is friendly, personable, warm, caring, helpful and looked very well after the guests. He made us feel at home. Answered all of our questions, organized our boat trip to Capri and made dinner reservations for us!!  The  stay here will stay with you for the rest of your life. Outstanding in every way.

1 Thank Winette808
Rome, Italy
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My best friend and I had been planning our trip to Positano for a while. We were torn and stressed where to stay until we found La Casa di Peppe. We knew we wanted to stay there, and WOW were we glad we did!

The view, the room, the house, Peppe himself, are all an amazing combination for the most hospitable place to stay in Positano. We got such a great room for wonderful rate, with a small breakfast included each morning before heading to the beach.

I will recommend this over and over again to people, and return very shortly myself.

Thanks Peppe!

Room Tip: get the ocean view ;) New york or London!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JessTravels89
Reviewed July 18, 2012

So happy to have come across this gem on trip advisor. The whole experience was breath taking. From the moment we arrived, Peppe made us feel like we were at home. Answered all of our questions and was more than happy to recommend things for us to do and make reservations for us if needed. Positano beaches are of course amazing but being able to come back and relax in the jacuzzi at night was a huge bonus. The rooms were very well kept and beautiful. You can tell there is a lot of care put into the place. Since there are only a few rooms it was very quiet and serene. I highly recommend staying here for a relaxing, memorable stay in Positano! Thank you Peppe for an experience I will never forget!

• Stayed July 2012