“Great place to Stay!”
Review of Hotel Posa Posa

Hotel Posa Posa
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel has amazing views and is in a fantastic location in Positano. A 10 minute walk down the hill to the main town and a 10 minute bus ride back up.

If arriving in Positano by Ferry- make sure you use a Porter to get your luggage to the hotel and wal through the town to get a cab or a bus to your accommodation. Believe me, you would not be able to get your luggage to the hotel yourself. If arriving by car/bus etc. you should be fine.

The places to eat are much nice around the hotel then in town and it is not as busy. The hotel itself is lovely and the staff very helpful

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosepetal83
There are newer reviews for Hotel Posa Posa

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The staff at this hotel were great. Guiseppi and Lucci were wonderful and Daniella was very helpful. The view is amazing. We had a great time here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with hte view of the town
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Hotel Posa Posa is easy a 4 star hotel under pinned with plenty of local character and friendly staff. It is not a large hotel chain. Guiseppe is an absolute legend (and makes the best Brushcetta!!), he is like maitre'd/waiter/porter. I enjoyed talking to him and he could not do enough to make your stay pleasurable. Lucia who works with him in the restaurant was a delight, they both are extremely happy in their work and it shows. Teresa (Mother Teresa) seemed to be like the general manager and was very personable. In fact all the staff were pleasant, helpful and smiled (genuinely) with it.

I went on a family holiday with my sister, mum and mum's partner July 2012. I found my stay a thoroughly pleasant experience. Hotel was impeccably clean, my room (301) had a fantastic view, although mum and sister not so good views (501 and 503). Mum's room had some cave/rock feature in it which was quite cool.

The pool was smaller than I expected, basically a plunge pool about 5 metres square, 1m deep. Perfect to cool off in in 32 degree celsius heat. The sun terrace on the roof, where the pool is has amazing views of Positano. The sun disappears on the mountain the hotel is built up against at about 4.00pm which is fine by me.

The restaurant food at Posa Posa is very good as are most restaurants in Positano. The view from the restaurant whilst dining is world class. By contrast with no view, a 2min walk from the hotel is a restaurant called 'Next 2' which was excellent. Near the beach, in the centre there is a restaurant called the Pallazo Murat which was divine. Please don't be tempted by the Ristorante il Capitano which was awful, I thought the food was mediocre and the staff rude. They have a dishevelled looking Parrot locked away in the corner. The view is fantastic but has nothing to do with this joke of a restaurant.

The main beach is a 15 min walk downhill as is the shopping area, church, centre etc. I'd recommend getting the bus back 1.20 euro as it's uphill and is a bit tiring (I'm 35) plus the bus stops right outside the hotel. There is a beach near the hotel but it is 500 steps down, there is a lift but this is out of order as the owner has died and the family cannot agree on it's use.

I would definitely stay there again. Many thanks to Guiseppe, Lucia, Maria -Teresa. From Ben and family from Nottingham, England.

Room Tip: Rooms 503 and 501 don't have very good views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Benjamin B
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our family had the most ideal stay at Hotel Posa Posa - the service was impeccable - Guiseppe, Lucia, Maria -Teresa - were exceptionally warm and attentive to our every need. The room was perfectly decorated with a coastal theme,fresh and clean. The view from our room was unbelievably spectacular. Breakfasts and dinners on the outdoor terrazza were so enjoyable. As the sun went down and Positano lit up - it was completely magical and breathtaking. The meals and service were outstanding - we had dinner there each night as view cannot be beaten. We even had TV set up for Euro cup viewing. THe atmosphere was exciting as Positano celebrated Italy's win that night against England. The staff at Posa Posa were like family - a very warm and special place that made our stay in Positano so memorable. We intend to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diana1010
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed at Hotel Posa Posa for 3 nights early July. The hotel staff and view are absolutely top notch. The location is about a ten minute walk to the beach but it is a walk you WANT TO TAKE because there are so many nice shops and restaurants along the way...just take the bus back!!! The terrible reviews clearly have an axe to grind. It isn't a 5 star hotel -no - but this hotel is more than adequate. I too am a frequent traveller and unlike the people who said it was horrific (that is dishonest) I found it to be a nice spot: yes the bedspreads are outdated and the pool is smaller than I expected but I tell you...the view and staff made up for it. There are a few rooms where the view might be obstructed by a tree (I think only our room (104) on first floor would have a terrific few of both mountains and sea) but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor may be obstructed by tree.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I just got back from a 6 night stay in Positano at the Posa Posa hotel. When we checked into the hotel I was hesitant given what seemed to be a long bus ride from the main square and the lack luster lunch we had while waiting for our room to be ready. However, the 10min walk to a quieter beach (500 steps so be ready to climb back up) and 15min walk to the main shopping/restaurant area proved to be actually pleasant. We had the best of both worlds in a quiet hotel with excellent staff. If I went back I would likely look for a hotel closer to the main beach, but enjoyed the 6 nights we stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rissa0713
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We fell in love with Positano as soon as we saw it and the same was true of the Hotel Posa Posa. Their biggest asset is Giuseppe, who welcomes all the guests, takes them to their room, and then gives them a tour of the facilities. We had dinner at the restaurant the first night we were there. Giuseppe said he would have the best table ready for us whenever we got there. It was perfect! The restaurant is on the 4th floor and the best table is on the terrace looking out over the sea and up the hill to the town. As the lights came on up and down the hills and coast, it was like being in a beautiful fairy land. Adding to the fun was the Euro 2012 soccer match. Every time Italy scored we could hear the cheering from the restaurants down the street. Breakfast at the hotel is excellent and made so enjoyable by Lucia. She, like Giuseppe, was on site most of the time. Always ready with a smile and some lively conversation, she is a lovely addition to the experience. Our room, a junior suite, was great. Our balcony overlooked the street and bus stop, as well as the sea, so there was always something happening. We spent four wonderful nights at this hotel and would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple