Hotel Villa Gabrisa
$156
Casa Albertina(Positano)(Great Value!)
$268
  • Breakfast included
Royal Prisco Hotel(Positano)(Great Value!)
$273
  • Breakfast included
Positano Art Hotel Pasitea(Positano)(Great Value!)
$530
Hotel Ancora(Positano)(Great Value!)
$324
$303
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Conca d'Oro Positano(Positano)(Great Value!)
$368
$239
Orbitz.com
$675
$651
Orbitz.com
$1,780
$1,480
All reviewsthe bussmall hotelfamily runour honeymoonsmall balconywinding roadamalfi coasttop floorboiled eggslovely hotelthird floorsea viewmain beachamazing viewscar servicea wonderful stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had booked to stay at this hotel with my mother for 4 nights. I had asked for separate beds and was told that would be fine. Unfortunately when we arrived we were informed that there was not room for twin beds in the hotel and so they gave us an apartment on another level. This apartment was lovely, with large rooms and bathroom, a kitchen and a large balcony with a limited view of the water. The problem was it was down 2 steep flights of stone steps which my nearly 80 year old mother found very difficult to use. I realise I should have informed the hotel my mother was elderly but did not realise we would not be accommodated in the main building. Robyn the owner was very helpful the next morning when I said we would have to move to a hotel with easier access as my mother was scared to go up and down the steps for meals. She rang around until she found a hotel nearby that would take us for the remaining 3 nights and arranged a porter to take our bags to the new hotel. She even sent some things from the room that we forgot and rang to make sure we were comfortable. The other thing that was so impressive was that she transferred the money we had prepaid for our 3 nights to the new hotel. She was under no obligation to do this as the terms stated we lost 100% of our money if we cancelled after arrival. I can not speak highly enough of her care for us. She is originally from New Zealand so it was handy that she spoke English .

Room Tip: If you don't like steps do not stay in the apartment. The main hotel would have fantastic views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We really enjoyed our 3 night stay at Villa Gabrisa. We were upgraded for our stay so had a suite. The room was great - spacious and comfy and the view from the small balcony was fantastic. The staff at the hotel could not have been any more helpful - they all spoke brilliant English and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and trouble free. The location is great as well - it is just a short walk into town and the road noise isn't a problem at all and you get the benefit of the incredible views over the bay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My trip to Positano was the best vacation ever. Besides the positive emotions that I received form the Positano views, mountains, town... was the hotel me and my wife staid at. Italian family runs Hotel Villa Gabrisa and they are absolutely incredible people that made us feel like home since the first minute at their place. Besides absolutely stunning views from our room we had a lot of enjoyment spending time at their restaurant. The restaurant at the villa located right across from the hotel on the cliff which has one of the most romantic views I ever saw. Food was great and service was on the highest level. We spent 5 nights in Positano and visited different restaurants. The restaurant at our hotel was by far the best in the town...
First when I just arrived to the hotel I was a little concerned about been high on the mountain and away from the beach. But after spending 1 day there you realize that this is the best location as the views are absolutely stunning while to reach the beach either by walk or bus doesn't take more than 15 minutes. Plus on the way up and down you have a chance to look at the whole town from different angles or visit different parts of it.
I strongly recommend this place to anyone who wants to get unforgettable vacation. I'm already planning my trip back... :))

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is possibly my favorite hotel I have ever stayed at while in Europe. I could have been content to not leave the building for my entire stay. We stayed in a Deluxe room (#5) with the most amazing private terrace. The room itself was very nice and spacious. The bathroom had modern fixtures, a jet bathtub, and was stocked with lemon scented (Positiano's signature scent) high end toiletries which was a nice touch.

As far as location is concerned I was very happy with that aspect as well. The hotel directly up the cliff from the Fornillo Beach. We preferred this beach to the main beach because it was less crowded and cheaper. It is also within walking distance to the main town square area. It is a bit of a walk and it uphill on the way back, but the internal Positano bus stops right beside the hotel.

For the money, you cannot find a better hotel in all of Positano.

Room Tip: Splurge for a Deluxe room. We stayed in room #5 and the terrace was larger than most hotel rooms in Europe!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MegTollett
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just spent four days at the Hotel Villa Gabrisa, and we could not have been happier. We decided to finish out our honeymoon with a brief stint in Positano, and the folks at Villa Gabrisa made it a great experience. First, they arranged a car pick up from our port in Naples directly to the hotel (and arranged for our return transport too). Second, they upgraded our room once we got there because it was our honeymoon for our first two nights, and to our deluxe view room on the 3rd night. The rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed, and had great features (English TV options, thanks!). The resaurant was amazing, and that staff was always incredibly helpful. We just cant say enough about how great this little hotel in Posistano is, just book and have fun!

Pros
-Helpful & Friendly staff
-15 min walk down to main beach (sometimes longer b/c there are so many great shops to stop at on the way down)
- Bus stop on internal bus is literally right next door (for when you drink too much at dinner and don't feel like hiking up :)
- Restaurant is delicious, and they offer a discount if you stay there
- Breakfast is great, and better than most other breakfasts that other hotels offer in Europe
- Rooms are beautiful!
- Great views from balconies

Cons
-NONE!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple