“Great views and great service”

B&B Mamma Rosa Positano
Ranked #2 of 53 Positano B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2014

At Mamma Rosa's Angelo and Melania go out of their way to provide you with an authentic Italian experience. Quiet, clean and comfortable, the room we stayed in had magnificent views along the amalfi coast. The accommodation is a short bus ride up the hill from beautiful Positano. We went on some lovely walks. Try some of Mamma Rosa's cooking.
We wouldn't hesitate to book again

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I heard about Mamma Rosa's from a family member who had stayed there last fall and just loved everything about it. I felt the same way! The location is breathtakingly beautiful, the family warm and welcoming, the accommodations lovely and extremely comfortable. Angelo and his sister, Melania, are engaging, accessible and very helpful in every way. I cannot say enough good things!

Room Tip: Our room had a bath across the hallway, separate from the room, which wasn't clear to me from th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The photos and reviews of this great B & B say it all. We stayed two nights at Mamma Rosa's and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was hard to leave. First of all it was immaculate. Everything was clean, fresh and well cared for. The views are amazing - just like the photos with sunsets you wish you could take home with you! We were at a great starting point for hiking the Path of the Gods. A beautiful, not to be missed experience for those interested in hiking. Good restaurants are close at hand. A bus to Positano far below is available. We had a little trouble with the bus service and took a taxi back up at one point. This was a minor inconvenience and wouldn't discourage me from staying here again.
There are a lot of steps up to Mamma Rosa's so if you have trouble with steep climbs up and down this is not the place for you. Otherwise it is perfect. Angelo was a terrific host. We had a home prepared meal which was a relaxing break after a long day of hiking. I totally recommend this B & B and would love to return someday. Thank you to our hosts.

Room Tip: There are two rooms with a common area and two baths. We rented both for four of us and had total p...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GingDVM
Reviewed April 9, 2014

For more than 25 years I have had the Amalfi Coast and more specifically, Positano on my radar as a top destination. In looking for a place to stay I was hoping to find comfort, tranquility and an 'authentic experience. I found all of this and more at Mamma Rosas B&B situated high above the town of Positano in the picturesque and stunning little area known as Montepertuso. Angelo, Melania and their family welcomed us with open arms when we arrived. Be prepared to climb up some stairs to get up to Mamma Rosas...but you have the whole family carrying your luggage to the top and once you are up there it is breathtaking. Angelo settled us in our rooms and thenproceeded to bring us a tasty cocktail and snacks to enjoy on our terrace. You could never tire of the view that awaits! It is more than you can imagine!

Angelo arranged taxi pick ups, a tour/drive around the Amalfi coast with a knowledgeable and wonderfully humorous driver, restaurant reccomendations and reservations, and also cooked us a terrific italian meal one night. He also shared some of the familys homemade wine which was awfully good! We spent some quality time with Angelo and now feel like we have been great friends for much longer than the 4 days we were there. Melania was as sweet as can be and it was also great to meet Mamma Rosa herself!
If you get to the Amalfi Coast, the place to stay is most definitely Mamma Rosas. You will be spoiled by the family and really get a taste of living truly italian. I only wish we could have stayed longer! Thankyou Angelo, Melania and family....Mamma Rosas is truly heavenly! There is no doubt we would stay at Mamma Rosas on our next trip to Positano.

Room Tip: Thdre are only 2 rooms and they are both charming with stunning views.
1  Thank Donna J
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My three night stay in Positano was the last leg of my 16 day journey thorugh other European countires and by far it was the most memorable, the most beautiful and the most difficult one to leave! From the moment we arrived, (after a train ride from Rome and adventurous drive from the Naples train station) Angleo, Melania and their family welcomed us with warmth and smiles. Yes there is a 200 step climb to the reach Mamma Rosas but the family members grab your bags and off they go like mountain goats up the stairs. The climb is so worth it!!! The view from our rooms and the eating area are breath taking and one you would never tire of! Angelo made sure that we were well hydrated, well fed and very well taken care of from start to fiinish. He arranged for reservations at fabulous restaurants, a driver for a tour of the coast (ask for Sue - she's sassy and a great tour guide!) and the short cut for taking the stairs into town. Make sure you take advantage of their offer to make a home cooked meal! Pumpkin ravioli is my fave pasta dish but nobody makes it like Melania! The accomodations were superb, clean, quiet and I felt so spoiled having breakfast ready at my chosen hour! We made new friends and I plan to visit again for longer than just 3 days.
Nancy S, Chicago

Reviewed March 31, 2014

After a week travelling in Rome and Naples, we spent two nights at Mamma Rosa's to unwind and relax before heading home. It is truly a beautiful place, surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Angelo was a perfect host and made us feel right at home. I highly recommend Mamma Rosa's to anyone travelling on the Amalfi coast. Thanks again Angelo!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I spent two nights in this bed and breakfast and I couldn't have asked for a better staff to make our visit worthwhile!! The climb to the house is quite long, 200 stairs, but it is worth it for the view and for the experience. Angelo, Melenia, and their family make you their top priority in one of the most beautiful places in the world.