My husband and I are currently staying at Il San Pietro as part of our honeymoon and we couldn't be any happier! It is the most beautiful place we have ever seen. The attention to detail is mind-bogglng. They have just opened for the season, and there is not one inch of property that has not been polished, cleaned, rejuvenated or planted to get ready for the year.
Let's start with the room. We are in a standard with sea view. The amenities are more than adequate, the bed is comfortable, the private terrace is a most welcome spot for breakfast alfresco each morning and napping in the afternoon, and it is cleaned and refreshed for us twice each day. The room appointments are elegant without feeling stuffy.
The staff has been incredibly welcoming and ready to attend to any request we make. A drive into town, tennis rackets and balls for use on the court, maps and guide books, laundry, etc.,; f you ask for it, they will accomodate. I don't understand any of the other reviewers who thought the service was "snooty" ....
The restaurant IS pricey, but the food was undeniably excellent. We are glad we ate there our first night, and now are venturing into Positano for other meals.
The grounds are simply breathtaking. The abundant lemon trees release a lovely, fresh aroma into the air. Every spare inch of dirt has either been planted with new, flowering annuals, or roses, shrubs and other plants ready to burst into color. We can only imagine what it will look like in a few weeks!!
Honestly, even if you can only stay for one night, you owe it to yourself to experience this little slice of heaven on earth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il San Pietro is widely considered to be one of the best hotels in Italy. It is built into the rock with panoramic terraces magnificently overlooking Positano and the Coast. Each uniquely decorated guest room comes with a private terrace decorated in the sophisticated local style with hand-painted ceramic tiles and furniture upholstered in sumptuous fabrics. Its one star Michelin-rated restaurant, the Zass, serves a variety of superb local and international cuisine and, weather permitting, guests can enjoy the unparalleled terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Il San Pietro di Positano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il San Pietro Di Positano Hotel Positano
- Positano Il San Pietro Di
- Hotel San Pietro Positano