“Highlight of our Trip to Italy”
Review of Private Day Tours

Private Day Tours
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We booked this trip based on reviews here, and you guys were right - this was a fantastic choice and the highlight of our two-week trip to Italy. We booked a private day tour of the Almafi coast with PrivateDayTours. Our driver picked us up at our hotel in Sorrento in a Mercedes van, and we toured Positano, Raffelo, and Amalfi. The views were simply stunning, and trust me, you do not want to drive these roads - in many places only one car could get by at a time. Ralph, our driver asked us where we wanted to go for lunch -- he suggested either a quick sandwich, or a full lunch. We opted for the full lunch - and he took us to a resturant overlooking the bay nearly 1,000 feet above the Med. We walked in through the gardens where tomatoes and herbs were growing to an amazing resturant overlooking the most incredible views. The food was great, the wine was good, and we were introduced to "Mama", the owner and chef. Ralph gave us time to tour the towns, and arranged for a convenient pickup point - there is no parking available in these towns, and the locals who work there have to park sometimes a mile or two away. He kept up a running commentary on the trip, and pointed out landmarks and places at every turn.
Bottom line - loved the trip, we were taken great care of, and the tour was excellent. Highly reccomended!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We enjoyed the Amalfi coast private boat tour so much.
Alfonso, our skipper, was so nice and sweet. He took us all points that we couldn't have seen or visited from the land trip.
And also, we were very happy to be able to go to a special restaurant, Ristorante da Teresa. It had a great location, very friendly nice staff and most importantly, the freshest and delicious local seafood and wine.
We had such a wonderful day!

2  Thank Jerseygirlat109
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Gianluca is the ultimate professional. he was on time, very knowledgable, and he found the perfect guide for us for Paestum who was actually born in there.. He has an excellent sense of humor and is quick and witty.
No wonder he gets 5 Stars all the time. It takes a lot of energy to take people out for the whole day and converse and be upbeat, but he is the best.
He is a great driver with a great attitude, and he was highly recommended to us. I now know why.
I would definitely recommend Gianluca and would use him the next time i am in the Amalfi Coast area.

1  Thank MMonroeTexas
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I always worry when arranging a pickup at an airport or train station. Not to worry. Gianluca helped me set up our pickup (8 of us) from Naples and then our return to Naples (airport and airport) including a stop off tour of Pompei.
The plans went off without a hitch. We loved our driver Stephanie and highly recommend this company.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

It was my first time in Italy and I chose to book Private Day Tours for safety reasons for I was travelling alone. I received so much more. Gianluca was there to meet me at the train station in Naples and drove me to Positano where I was staying. He was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He also drove me to Pompeii and Ravello during my stay and it was fantastic. He knew everything there was to know and his English is perfect. I highly recommend booking Private Day Tours if you want to get the full experience of your stay. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank SanM453