“Not to worry”
Review of Private Day Tours

Private Day Tours
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I always worry when arranging a pickup at an airport or train station. Not to worry. Gianluca helped me set up our pickup (8 of us) from Naples and then our return to Naples (airport and airport) including a stop off tour of Pompei.
The plans went off without a hitch. We loved our driver Stephanie and highly recommend this company.

All reviews
"driving tour"
in 14 reviews
"cruise ship"
in 19 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 24 reviews
in 9 reviews
"limoncello factory"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2014

It was my first time in Italy and I chose to book Private Day Tours for safety reasons for I was travelling alone. I received so much more. Gianluca was there to meet me at the train station in Naples and drove me to Positano where I was staying. He was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He also drove me to Pompeii and Ravello during my stay and it was fantastic. He knew everything there was to know and his English is perfect. I highly recommend booking Private Day Tours if you want to get the full experience of your stay. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank SanM453
Reviewed June 2, 2014

What can I say. This tour company has to be the best in Italy. I wish we could have used them in Rome, Florence and Venice. The drivers were born and raised in the area and I cannot tell you how much info the drivers of each tour gave us. Gianluca and his other drivers/guides are wonderful. We paid half the amount to his company as we did other tour companies in Rome and Florence and learned 10 times as much about the areas we visited.
The drivers were excellent and with 5 senior ladies that is not easy. We laughed and said each driver could only take us one day at a time and then switch to another driver.
We loved it.
Gianluca responded to my emails immediately upon receipt even though I did not realize the time different in Texas and Italy and I was emailing him at 2:00 in the morning sometime.
I would love to return to Sorrento someday and take the same tours again with Gianluca's company.
I just can't say enough about this company.
Call Private Day Tours for the best tours and drivers in the Sorrento, Amalfi Coast area.
Bobette

2  Thank Bobette S
Reviewed June 2, 2014

So glad we found Gianluca! We contacted him based on all the great reviews and he exceeded expectations. We could not have asked for anyone more professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi & Ravello: The cost was equivalent to what we would have paid to rent our own car, however we received so much more. We stopped for breathtaking views along the narrow and winding coastline (finding places to safely pull over can be stressful if driving on your own), visited the best of what the area has to offer without the hassle of parking (not a small feat) and had our favorite meal at a gem of a restaurant, refreshingly away from the crowded tourist scene. And a bonus? Gianluca is the best photographer! Rome was fascinating but can be a bit overwhelming - so much to see, so many tourists. Thankfully we were able to book a half day tour with Gianluca's partner. He truly made the best use of our brief time there. During both tours our mantra was, "What a pleasure!" We already look forward to our next trip with Private Day Tours.

1  Thank LuigiAandR_B
See more reviews
Reviewed June 1, 2014

By the end of this day, we four ladies from Georgia, USA, were whispering that maybe we had misunderstood and the quoted fee was for each of us individually. We could not believe what a reasonable price we were paying for the highlight of our two weeks in Italy. From the moment he met us at our Sorrento hotel, Gianluca Savarese was the perfect driver/tour guide - warm and personable but always professional and gentlemanly. He was very fluent in English and so eager to make our day enjoyable. His large minivan was perfect for viewing and accommodating the four of us and quite a bit of luggage (as he was dropping us off in Ravello at the end of the day). We had free time in Positano and Amalfi, visited the Green Grotto (just so-so but our choice), and enjoyed a lovely meal at a hilltop town near Ravello. Gianluca also offered good advice for getting from Ravello to Salerno, avoiding changing buses two times. We had a very good ride with a colleague of his. We were so pleased with Gianluca and our day that we will forgive his little white lie (he knows what it is).

1  Thank gafarmgirl623