“SIMPLY PERFECT!!!”

Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Positano
New Jersey
“SIMPLY PERFECT!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Villa Rosa was absolutely perfect. Spacious room, clean and neat. All rooms, to my understanding have sea views which were amazing (with a HUGE BALCONY where u have breakfast on). 5 min walk to beach, 3 min walk to the center of town, and across the street from the most expensive luxury hotel in Positano (but you get the same view for a third of the price. I can’t talk highly enough about this place, I’ve travel all over the globe and I must say my entire experience was A++++ Please feel free to contact me with any question.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We really enjoyed Villa Rosa and Positano and did not want to leave after only 3 days/nights. We ate breakfast (which was brought to our room) every morning on our terrace. We were on the first floor and still had a great view, so I think it just depends on the room. My only complaint was that they recommended a restaurant that they are somehow linked with and it was by far our worst meal while in Italy- thankfully it was our first meal. My recommendation on restaurants is to ask the locals or talk with other people traveling- they have nothing to gain. Our favorite restaurant was La Tagliata and we heard that Donna Rosa was also good- check them out.

Geneva
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I selected Villa Rosa based on the reviews which stated that the view was wonderful. I was very disapointed as the initial room proposed was facing the wall of the Sirenuse hotel and was just a couple of meters from the street. After complaining, an other room was proposed which had a slightly better view, but still just in top of the street. Rooms that are higher might well have better view but the first floor (potentially the 2nd) are poor. The street could also be noisy and the Sirenus parking is just underneath. Otherwise, the room was small, quite clean and the bathroom was very simple. The breakfast is light, the Villa Rosa has no restaurant or bar, so they do what they can... I am experienced traveller and believe that much better could be found even in Positano.

3 Thank GenevaRealtraveler
Paris
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We had a room on the highest floor (4th) and we had the most amazing view from our terrace. Although the terrace is smaller than the neighboring room's, it was enough for the two of us since we were mostly out anyway. I highly recommend this hotel. The front office staff was friendly too!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Nyc
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Flawless. Clean, friendly, perfectly situated and beautiful rooms. My wife and I travel often and she is a professional travel publicist. This was among our best travel experiences of our lives. The staff literally made you feel as though they were waiting to help you until the moment you asked. I frantically conduct research before I book hotels, save yourself the time and stress....this is where you want to end up. It is across the street and slightly up hill from Le Serenuse, the fanciest place in Positano. At Villa Rosa you get the same view for a fraction of the price!
Enjoy, and thank me later.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corymbaker
Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We spent 3 nights here in May 09 based on nothing but reviews on Tripadvisor and we were very happy with our selection.

As noted by virtually everybody there are lots of steps. Sixty six to our room on the "first" floor.

We took the train from Rome to Naples and booked a nice Mercedes van from Naples to the Villa Rosa. We used Sorrento Silverstar and they were very professional and fairly priced. Highly recommended.

The rooms were pretty big by Italy standards and very clean. We had a great terrace with a view of the water. They have no breakfast area in the hotel so each morning they deliver breakfast to you on the terrace. Very nice. Not sure what they do when it rains and luckily we didn't find out!

The staff was helpful with whatever we needed. One nice feature was many of the nicer restaurants would send a car at no charge to pick us up and take us back to the hotel since its hard to walk around the city. We used the free car service to get to Cafe Positano (great location but a bit pricey) and La Tagliata (should not be missed; reasonably priced and a lot of fun, just make sure you're hungry when you go!).

The location of the hotel is good and its close to many of the stores and restaurants. Keep in mind its about a zillion stairs down to the beach and you're going to have to walk up all those stairs to get back to the hotel.

The only cons I can think of are the stairs and the fact that my room didn't have a shower curtain so the bathroom floor was soaked after showers.

I can confirm that the favorable reviews here are accurate and I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ejm3
California
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Our stay in Positano was enhanced by the extremely gracious service and warm hospitality of the entire staff at Villa Rosa. To a person, they did everything they could to ensure our every need was met, and our expectations exceeded! They treat you like family at this beautiful villa, where rooms are spotless and comfortable. We were on the third floor, with a large terrace (not a balcony, but a spacious terrace) where we had breakfast delivered each morning. We had a beautiful view of the water and the town.

We preferred the location of this property to others because it is slightly up the hill, so it was much quieter than being down at the beach. But the walk to and from the beach was very easy, and we enjoyed the opportunity to browse the shops along the way.

The staff made great recommendations for restaurants and helped us make various travel arrangements on several occasions. Their first-class service was always provided with great warmth and a genuine smile. I love this place and the people who operate it and will definitely return! Great value for the price, too.

1 Thank YourLifeIsNow