All reviews rooftop pool shuttle service the main hotel li galli shuttle bus our honeymoon amalfi coast amazing views rooms are small deluxe room perched high breakfast room walk up the hotel offers common areas magical place beautiful room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent six nights here for our honeymoon and loved every minute. While the rooms are small that's understandable and the hotel is luxurious in every regard. Great restaurant, wonderful breakfast buffet (I swear I was looking forward to waking up early in the morning just so I can have breakfast sooner). Staff amazingly polite and kind, champagne bar with a view, rooftop pool the list goes on. Didn't do the spa area so can't speak to that. Quite the hike up from town, 800 some steps, but the view from the hotel is magnificent, I could sit there all day and just stare at Positano. Would come back any day and highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fmiskolc
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for honeymoon for 5 nights. We stayed in a superior room which was comfortable but was small. I'm not sure the prices compared to other options but this hotel is not cheap and I felt missed some small touches in the room, 374 the Jacuzzi bath didn't work. Tv is low so hard to see. Small hard chairs on the balcony. I asked to change rooms and was shown a room which was 2 categories up at a charge of €250 a night etc. The room was smaller with no bath but the sea view was incredible and it had two chairs in the rooms.

I asked for an iron and was told they are not permitted in the room but the hotel could do it for us for a charge... 8 euro a t shirt. So we went across the road and got the ironing done there. (Sorry to sound cheep).

Had the tasting menu for dinner and didn't go again. Some courses were cold and just missed the mark. Flight of wines wasn't complex or earth moving just a ok. Breakfast chef station wasn't great really thought we were in for a treat and it missed again. That all being said.... The hotel roof pool is incredible absolutely great but get up there by 11 if you want to guarantee a bed.

Walk down the steps is 4 minutes into town 40 up if your unfit like me. But hotel do a shuttle service.

We have enjoyed our time here but it's not cheap and I just think if your on budget be careful before booking.

Friendly helpful team

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We splurged on a superb villa here..... Its HUGE for Italy standards for sure. We had a little trouble with the AC in the middle of the night; we called them... they came right over. Beautiful roof top poor and area for lunch. DELICIOUS ICE COLD wines!!! Great bar snacks and view before or after dinner. This hotel is extremely professionally ran and the staff treats you like your family.... highly recommend and would def come back.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

From the moment we stepped into the hotel the staff was simply outstanding. They made us feel welcome and cared for every detail, providing useful recommendations. We were upgraded to a room in the adjacent building. We used the terrace for lunch and to watch the sunset as Positano started to light up for the evening.

The food at the roof top bar (just about the same than the one listed in the room service menú) was delicious and relatively fast. We will visit the recently renovated restaurant in our next trip.

Breakfast service, in particular made to order egg dishes could have been a bit faster.

On the night before last, my wife fell climbing up the endless stairs from the beach to the hotel. The entire staff was extremely attentive, arranging for a local doctor and provided first aid. We can only express our heartfelt thank you to their exceptional management and staff.

Enjoy your stay! It’s well worth it!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erick C
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Villa Franca is extremely special! Once you check in you don’t want to leave. Rooftop pool and restaurant are perfect with views to die for! The art collection is exquisite featuring local artists with world recognize names. The staff is incredibly kind and ready to assist in any way, they treat you like royalty making sure your stay is memorable! A stay in Positano is not the same if you’re not at Hotel Villa Franca. I highly recommend this hotel to any couple that are looking for a romantic place and the ultimate getaway!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple