Hotel Poseidon
Hotel Savoia(Positano)
  • Room Service
Royal Prisco Hotel(Positano)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvw beetleour honeymoonamalfi coastpool areabeautiful hotelsuperior roomhalf waygreat terracebreakfast buffet iscommon areasoverlooking positanothe hotel's restaurantbreathtaking viewslarge terracethe location is perfectbottle of proseccoloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We honeymooned here and I have not stayed in such a welcoming hotel ever. The setting is picturesque. We were toying with the idea of staying in a 5* but am so glad we didn't. The pool isn't huge but just big enough and the view from the pool/restaurant is breathtaking, especially in the evening.

It is a 5 minute walk into the centre. The beach is shingley so take your flip flips but worth an day one none the less. The hotel staff have excellent local knowlege for day trips and unlike other hotels, there is no massive surcharge for booking boat trips through them.

The food needs it's own paragraph. Excellent morning buffet unti 11am so you can have a lie in. Lunch by the pool is limited unless you want to eat in the restaurant. We had dinner out twice but to be honest the service and quality of food at the Poseidon was superior to everything else (and we ate at Music on the Rocks).

In summary, do not consider staying anywhere else - if this hotel is within your means then stay, you will not be dissappointed.

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank FloozieLondon
Reviewed August 26, 2007

The Poseidon is a wonderful hotel in a great position overlooking the whole town of Positano, the beach, and the Mediterranean. It is located "up" the hill, which will require some walking up to get back after the beach or shopping. The hotel has a great restaurant, and there are are at least 6 or 7 hotels within a short walk up the hill. The rooms were beautifully furnished with polished antiques, and comfortable balconies with town and sea views. Breakfast was among the best you will get. They charge 21 Euro a day to park your car in there garage, but it is well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Howiekap
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights and found it to be the most devine place in Positano. We booked a deluxe room and found it to be spacious with a gorgeous terrace and fabulous view.
The breakfast buffet was lovely and we had dinner a couple of nights which was excellent. The front desk manager Nicola was a real character and nothing was too much trouble,he went out of his way to book and acheive a table at a fully booked restaurant. The Poseidon is a lovely boutique hotel run by genuine and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 11, 2007

The excellent customer service at this hotel will make me return: warm, friendly and attentive without being intrusive - from all staff, including the front desk (Nicola & Fiorenzo), the client relations rep (Alessandra), the pool attendant (Gianni) and the Maitre d' (Domenico - I think...). In addition, the location is perfect - high enough in the cliffs to be away from the traffic noise, but a 10 minute walk down to the beach/central area (beware the steep steps!! I used the road and window shopped instead.) There's a small pool and lovely area with sun loungers where Gianni will set you up and bring you drinks all day. The outdoor dining terrace is covered with a ceiling/trellis of bouganvillea providing lovely shade and bright colours. The food was exquisite and if I wanted something different, or off-menu, it was no problem..."prego!". My room was on the top floor with an enormous terra cotta tiled terrace, to which I had to climb a 4-5 step ladder, but was no problem. I had a vast view of the town and sea below. The rooms themselves are plain, but clean, with the bathrooms done in a gorgeous green cermaic tile. The common areas of the hotel are beautiful, with loads of antiques and white archways and comfy chairs in the bar. I am certain that at the San Pietro and Sireneuse the rooms are far more beautiful, but I highly doubt they'd offer the same friendly service and family-feel that the Poseidon offers. I was travelling alone and they made me feel so welcome. If you go to Positano, stay here!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank LTLondon
Reviewed August 8, 2007

Our stay at the Hotel Poseidon was the highlight of our trip through Italy. Not only were the accommodations perfect, but the hotel staff provided us with the best service. Everyone was friendly and went out their way to make you happy and comfortable. The minute we arrived in our room, we were sent fresh flowers and champagne. The front desk happily spent an hour with us trying to help us to plan some side trips. Even the restaurant staff was exceptional. The night before we left, the maitre'd sent breakfast (a thermos of coffee and a some danish )to our room when he learned we had to leave at 3:00 am to catch our flight back home.
I'd love to go back again and would recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank GJPClifton_NJ