1,050 results
All reviews funny room amalfi coast our honeymoon pool area beautiful hotel breakfast buffet is superior room breathtaking views every morning large terrace the location is perfect i highly recommend this hotel visiting positano pastries main beach le sirenuse town
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

My husband and I stayed here on the last week of our honeymoon to Italy and we will treasure the experience for the rest of our lives. It was paradise. The views were breathtaking,the staff was so kind and genuine, and the food at Il Tridente (the hotel restaurant) was absolutely delicious. You can tell that they care deeply about making sure their guests are enjoying themselves, and we certainly did!

If you are lucky enough to stay here, make sure you take the time to just enjoy the hotel. Our favorite part of our trip to Positano was honestly just sitting on the terrace or in the hotel bar before dinner, snacking on olives and other treats that they brought to us and drinking the delicious drinks they made for us. Such a delight! Tip: Try the Poseidon Spritz!!

Thank you again, Hotel Poseidon, for your graciousness and professionalism and for providing such a magnificent experience for me and my husband. We hope to come back one day. Grazie mille!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcamenker
HotelPoseidonPositan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Moriah,
Thank you SO much!

It is heartwarming to read your words and to know that the whole team made you feel taken care of, and that you happily spent time here at the Hotel Poseidon, at its bar and restaurant Il Tridente and on its terraces.:)

Thanks to you for staying with us at the Hotel Poseidon. We look forward to having you here again in the near future!

A presto,

Reviewed May 11, 2019

3.5 stars if I could

There is a lot to like about this hotel. The staff really is great as the other reviews say (especially Pasquale). It's in a perfect location in Positano, easy 5 min walk to the center of all the action or 5-10 minutes to the beach. The common areas are also lovely and cozy, we had a chilly few days with rain and loved the fireplaces. The food is also very good (get the lemon pasta!) and the terrace and views are stunning. Why 3.5 stars? Our room. I do think I got one of the cheaper room options, so maybe suites are nicer, but I really didn't like our room. It was so plain and cold and drab. The bed was outrageously uncomfortable. I'm 30 and don't have any back issues and after nights on that bed my back was killing me. The bathroom was very nice and modern though- I did like that. If I came back to Positano I would probably look elsewhere, but if I had to stay here again I wouldn't be upset, I would just really try to see if there is a better room or bed option.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cj2148
HotelPoseidonPositan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Dear cj2148,
Thank you for your visit and for writing this review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the service, the location and the food here at Hotel Poseidon, although I am sorry you didn't fully enjoy your room; whereas the style is something personal that we, as a Family, like (and totally understand the ones who don't), it's disappointing to read that you had uncomfortable nights' sleep: if we had known while you were here, we could have easily changed your mattress to another that you're more comfortable sleeping on. And on another note, all of our rooms are different from each other, so next time you're travelling to Positano, please let us know all your preferences and we'll do our best to make your stay a better one.

Thank you again!

Best,

Reviewed May 7, 2019

I hardly know where to begin. The amazing food ,such as breakfast which included everything from a Bloody Mary bar to home made baking , offers of food and limoncello on our late arrival. The staff were incredible to the last, so helpful, friendly and fun- many of them have been working for the family for over 30 years which says everything about this jewel of a hotel. The rooms were simply but tastefully furnished with comfortable pillows and linen and good toiletries , and as we visited in early May, wood fires were lit in nooks and crannies throughout the relaxing guest rooms which led on to the fantastic restaurant and bar with its views of the bay and Positano . It was bliss to sip a prosecco or eat breakfast to the lapping of the waves below and the lazy ringing of a distant church bell. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough , if there was a 6 star I would give it .Go and visit and I guarantee you will be back.

Room tip: we had a garden room which was quiet but still had a glimpse of the sea. We loved it.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelPoseidonPositan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Wow, thank you for your lovely review!

We hope to have you back soon :)

Best,

Reviewed May 5, 2019

We stayed here 4 nights; were spoiled by the staff from the restaurant (Il Tridente) to the bar/lounge area, front desk - everyone so helpful and friendly.

Rooms had beautiful view of the town. Very quiet at night, we slept so well! Rooms were also large.

No negatives about this property. I hope to go back again, someday.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank EMadalon

Thank you, Emadalon!

We love to hear that you felt spoiled by the team at Hotel Poseidon/Il Tridente... :)

Come back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Stunning views of Positano. Decent breakfast with champagne. Best part of the hotel is the free rental of the 1972 convertible VW to cruise around Positano. Not the easiest to maneuver given the age of the vehicle but it was a very unique experience.

Date of stay: August 2018