1,007 results
All reviews vw beetle amalfi coast our honeymoon pool area beautiful hotel breakfast buffet superior room common areas overlooking positano large terrace breathtaking views visiting positano each morning loved this hotel pastries main beach beba
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at Hotel Poseidon for two nights and also had my small wedding ceremony at the restaurant terrace. Every single detail was perfect, thanks to Liliana and her amazing workers. Everyone is so nice and accommodating. I can't thank them enough for making my wedding day so unforgettable. The rooms were spotless and had cute little shampoo, lotion, body wash, and sandals with the hotel's picture on it. Both of the rooms I stayed in had amazing views of Positano and the sea. You can also get the breakfast buffet ordered to your room which was nice to sit on the private terrace in your comfy robe (hotel provides!) and soak in the beautiful view.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheila W
HotelPoseidonPositan, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Ciao, Sheila!

I am so happy to read this review. Your wedding celebration was extraordinary and we all had a great time! Thank you so much for trusting us :)

I look forward to having you back... 1st anniversary perhaps!

All the best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Upon check in my wife and I found out we left our passports in Rome. Being a train ride and 1 hour cab fare away from getting them, we were very distressed. Not to worry as the front desk manager Fiorenza jumped into action and arranged for the passports to be delivered later that evening. Suffice to say the customer service and attention to detail are very well in tune at Poseidon. I would also say the rooms were very nice, clean and facility as a whole was excellent. Pool and outdoor lounge was complete Amalfi Coast and very enjoyable. Solid value for the money as we would absolutely stay here again if we go back...

Room Tip: all rooms are solid from my understanding.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Jemcourt5,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I'm glad to know everything was sorted out and that Fiorenzo was of great help in getting your passports back! :)

We look forward to having you back,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is awesome. The food is really really good. The service is unreal. The pool and the view at the pool have to be the best in Positano. I could spend every day of my life there! I can't wait to go back to this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you, Candice! :)

Looking forward to having you back!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Hotel Poseidon.
The location is great, high enough to get the amazing view overlooking the ocean, but close enough to walk down to the beach and the city center ( though it's quite a hill.. )
The hospitality of the staff here was amazing and warm always.

The room ( we had a basic room with an ocean view) was very basic, but I started to think all the hotels here in Positano are like this; not updated. But maybe that's what it should be, experiencing true and traditional Italian way of living.
So if you are used to American standard of hotels, you may be disappointed with the quality and amenities of the room for the price you pay but you are in Italy, specifically one of the expensive part of Italy plus if the get a room with a view, it will make you forget that!
The hotel roof deck but the pool was amazing and we spent sipping cocktails watching the sunset every evening. It was magical.
The breakfast had many options. We didn't try the restaurant but in hindsight we should have after reading great reviews here.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear chiaki8031,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay here with us. You are absolutely correct, we have nothing in common with "standard", modern hotels, as we love the style, classicism and elegance that makes the Hotel Poseidon unique. Being it an old private villa, the Family has always been keen on keeping it as authentic as possible. Thank you very much for pointing it out! :)

We hope to have you back!

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous week in the Hotel Poseidon. Everything about this place is charming, the staff, the ambiance and the food. The staff are very professional, warm and helpful. Special thanks to Vita who manages the pool area, and Josie on the desk. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and will definitely be returning next year.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review!

We all looking forward to meeting you again next year :)

Regards,