Hotel Poseidon
$641
$614
  • Breakfast included
Positano Art Hotel Pasitea(Positano)(Great Value!)
$304
Hotels.com
Hotel Miramare(Positano)
$417
$405
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Buca di Bacco(Positano)(Great Value!)
$385
$366
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Conca d'Oro Positano(Positano)(Great Value!)
$426
$230
Hotel Eden Roc(Positano)
$605
$548
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Palazzo Marzoli Resort(Positano)(Great Value!)
$556
$1,597
$844
$2,043
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvw beetleour honeymoonamalfi coastpool areabeautiful hotelsuperior roomhalf waygreat terracebreakfast buffet iscommon areasoverlooking positanothe hotel's restaurantbreathtaking viewslarge terracethe location is perfectbottle of proseccoloved this hotel
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

If wifi is essential to you, think twice. Everything else is excellent with the hotel though. We stayed for 4 nights - breakfast is very nice and rooms are very clean although deco can do with some modernisation. Staff is v friendly and the view is fab from the balcony of the room and from the terrace. Location is perfect because it is walkable to a few nice restaurants on the same road and also within 10 min walk to the beach. However wifi is almost nonexistent in the rooms even though the hotel website says free wifi everywhere. Even in public areas the connection is not guaranteed. We had to use 3G roaming in the end after much frustration.

• Stayed: September 2013
Hotel P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest!
Greetings from Positano!
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments.
I will pass all to the team. My name is Sonia Ferrera, Guest Relations Manager,
here at Poseidon. Great to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us.
During the last winter we were taking care to improve the wi-fi signal.
We hope to welcome you soon again. If you have any request or question, please contact me at: prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it You can follow us on fb "Hotel Poseidon".
We have a lot of news for this year. Our opening will be the next 16th of April.

Best Regards from all the Poseidon Team!

A presto!

Sonia Ferrera

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a very expensive place to stay, but probably in line with other 4 stars around positano. Nice lounge area indoor and around the pool. Excellent view. However, internet connection is extremely poor in rooms. 3g roaming is faster than wifi

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest!

Greetings from Positano!

I'm Sonia Ferrera, Guest Relations Manager, here at the Poseidon.
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments. Becouse
honest criticism give us the motivation to improve and also to solve problems that
might creep into the daily work routine.
Regarding the internet signal, we were taking care, during the last winter, to improve the wi-fi around all the areas of the hotel,

We hope to welcome you again and do our best to make you happy and totally satisfied.
We are at your disposal for any request or question, you can contact me at:
prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it You can follow us, as well on fb "Hotel Poseidon"
We have a lot of news and surprises ready to the new opening, 16th of April.

Best Regards from all the Poseidon Team ;)

Sonia Ferrera

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was our 4th stay at The Poseidon and we have loved it every time. "Charming" and "delightful" are adjectives that come to mind. It suits our taste for holiday relaxation perfectly. The friendly hospitality of the owners, managers and staff is combined with high professional standards. This is a holiday hotel with character and the feel of staying in a private villa. It is a very welcome contrast to international business hotels which function correctly but lack personality. To sit and dine al fresco watching the sea and the lights across Positano is a great image to come away with.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest! Greetings from Positano!
Thank you very much for your messagge!
It's really important for us!
I’m Sonia Ferrera, the Guest Relations Manager.
Our philosophy is "A discreet and elegant hospitality,
helps to create a warm and familiar atmosphere allowing
our guests to feel at home".
We hope to have you again with us very soon!.
We remain at your disposal for any request. You can contact me at:
prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it
Best regards from all the members of our team ;)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed on our Honeymoon for seven nights. As has been said before the hotel is in a great position and the view is outstanding. Breakfasts were great. Plenty of fresh food, fish, meat, champagne and even lager if you were so inclined. Tried the restaurant on the first night. Great atmosphere with live music. For the area, the food price was reasonable and we enjoyed it. My only complaint was the deserts. They were over priced for what they were. They should be cheaper or better.

We did have ants in our bed on the first night which panicked me a bit as my wife has a bit of a phobia. Spoke to the front desk and the problem was sorted and we never saw them again. I understand the previous points related to the decor of the the rooms and the grass in the pool area between the stones. To me this is all part of the charm, okay perhaps the pool area could do with a little revamp. Not many hotels have a pool in Positano and we both felt we needed it as it was so warm. Everything was clean and styled appropriately for the area. I personally love to go to places that are not styled the same.

I found the staff friendly when you got to know them. The older gentlemen at the reception, I am sorry I forgot his name, was the best. We followed all his restaurant recommendations. The one thing that narked me is we definitely got the impression that certain guests got treated much better than others. The guest relation manager seemed to be hovering around certain people. Perhaps that is how it should be with the the suites but it would have been nice to get a formal hello, introduction and anything you need etc.

No idea how you got to take the car out but to be honest I didn't really fancy it. Driving in the small streets looked like it could be fun but maybe a bit stressful in someone else's motor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank neil.ti
Guest R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for dedicating some of your time for writing this review. We are glad that your stay with us was overall good however, i do apologize that I as guest relations missed the chance of getting to know you personally and be of more help. As you well noticed I am always present among guests particularly during breakfast and evening hours, even though sometimes it's not easy to present myself to every single guest but i do make myself noticed and am always present/ready for any need when approached. I do sincerely apologize for not presenting myself.
That said we never differentiate our guests depending on the category of rooms they're staying in so i was wondering on how the "suites" remark came from?! If I or any of my colleagues dedicated our attention only to guests staying in the suites we'll be spending most of our work day doing nothing since we have very few suite rooms in the hotel. I am really sorry that you had this impression.
As for the car it is publicized on our website and if you fancied a drive you could have simply asked for it by speaking to me or the reception staff.
As for the gentleman at the reception his name is Angelo and I have extended your remarks to him.
Best regards
Samer
Guest relations

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is centrally located and it has a beautiful view of positano from its terrace that is just magical. The terrace is a lovely place where you have your breakfast every morning and drinks every evening. The breakfast is great, the staff are friendly, but the rooms are a little dated for the price. I wish they would remodel their rooms and bathrooms and make them more contemporary, it will then become a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask or a room with a balcony overlooking the terrace
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends