Hotel Poseidon
I Giardini dei sensi(Positano)(Great Value!)
$539
$525
Hotel Miramare(Positano)
$417
$406
$998
$780
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Buca di Bacco(Positano)(Great Value!)
$386
$365
Hotel Eden Roc(Positano)
$605
$547
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Positano Art Hotel Pasitea(Positano)(Great Value!)
$304
  • Breakfast included
Palazzo Marzoli Resort(Positano)(Great Value!)
$556
$477
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Conca d'Oro Positano(Positano)(Great Value!)
$427
$358
Le Agavi Hotel(Positano)
$1,600
$843
$2,076
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvw beetleour honeymoonamalfi coastpool areabeautiful hotelsuperior roomhalf waygreat terracebreakfast buffet iscommon areasoverlooking positanothe hotel's restaurantbreathtaking viewslarge terracethe location is perfectbottle of proseccoloved this hotel
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was our 4th stay at The Poseidon and we have loved it every time. "Charming" and "delightful" are adjectives that come to mind. It suits our taste for holiday relaxation perfectly. The friendly hospitality of the owners, managers and staff is combined with high professional standards. This is a holiday hotel with character and the feel of staying in a private villa. It is a very welcome contrast to international business hotels which function correctly but lack personality. To sit and dine al fresco watching the sea and the lights across Positano is a great image to come away with.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest! Greetings from Positano!
Thank you very much for your messagge!
It's really important for us!
I’m Sonia Ferrera, the Guest Relations Manager.
Our philosophy is "A discreet and elegant hospitality,
helps to create a warm and familiar atmosphere allowing
our guests to feel at home".
We hope to have you again with us very soon!.
We remain at your disposal for any request. You can contact me at:
prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it
Best regards from all the members of our team ;)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed on our Honeymoon for seven nights. As has been said before the hotel is in a great position and the view is outstanding. Breakfasts were great. Plenty of fresh food, fish, meat, champagne and even lager if you were so inclined. Tried the restaurant on the first night. Great atmosphere with live music. For the area, the food price was reasonable and we enjoyed it. My only complaint was the deserts. They were over priced for what they were. They should be cheaper or better.

We did have ants in our bed on the first night which panicked me a bit as my wife has a bit of a phobia. Spoke to the front desk and the problem was sorted and we never saw them again. I understand the previous points related to the decor of the the rooms and the grass in the pool area between the stones. To me this is all part of the charm, okay perhaps the pool area could do with a little revamp. Not many hotels have a pool in Positano and we both felt we needed it as it was so warm. Everything was clean and styled appropriately for the area. I personally love to go to places that are not styled the same.

I found the staff friendly when you got to know them. The older gentlemen at the reception, I am sorry I forgot his name, was the best. We followed all his restaurant recommendations. The one thing that narked me is we definitely got the impression that certain guests got treated much better than others. The guest relation manager seemed to be hovering around certain people. Perhaps that is how it should be with the the suites but it would have been nice to get a formal hello, introduction and anything you need etc.

No idea how you got to take the car out but to be honest I didn't really fancy it. Driving in the small streets looked like it could be fun but maybe a bit stressful in someone else's motor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank neil.ti
Guest R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for dedicating some of your time for writing this review. We are glad that your stay with us was overall good however, i do apologize that I as guest relations missed the chance of getting to know you personally and be of more help. As you well noticed I am always present among guests particularly during breakfast and evening hours, even though sometimes it's not easy to present myself to every single guest but i do make myself noticed and am always present/ready for any need when approached. I do sincerely apologize for not presenting myself.
That said we never differentiate our guests depending on the category of rooms they're staying in so i was wondering on how the "suites" remark came from?! If I or any of my colleagues dedicated our attention only to guests staying in the suites we'll be spending most of our work day doing nothing since we have very few suite rooms in the hotel. I am really sorry that you had this impression.
As for the car it is publicized on our website and if you fancied a drive you could have simply asked for it by speaking to me or the reception staff.
As for the gentleman at the reception his name is Angelo and I have extended your remarks to him.
Best regards
Samer
Guest relations

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is centrally located and it has a beautiful view of positano from its terrace that is just magical. The terrace is a lovely place where you have your breakfast every morning and drinks every evening. The breakfast is great, the staff are friendly, but the rooms are a little dated for the price. I wish they would remodel their rooms and bathrooms and make them more contemporary, it will then become a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask or a room with a balcony overlooking the terrace
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

What can I say about The Hotel Poseidon that has not already been expressed by other reviewers? The hotel itself is a charming 1950's villa converted into a beautiful hotel. The old world Italian charm is evident around every corner, from the tiles in the suites to the decor in the common spaces. Lets start our journey on the first floor.. When you step into the hotel lobby for the first time (or 2nd in my case!) you are whisked away to another world. Marco and Angelo the front desk help are helpful, attentive, funny, and always ready to point you in the right direction for a place to eat or a fun activity. Make your way up the winding stairs and every staff member we passed greeted us with a buona sera and a smile, as if we owned the place. Once you reach the 3rd level (where the pool, bar, and Il Tridente are) the hotel really starts to show off. The restaurant itself is great, from the service to the food. Fabio the manager of Il Tridente was always very attentive and served us some tantalizing fresh fish caught that day. The rest of the wait staff were also amazing, thank you Beba, El Roche (he looks like The Rock) JohnCarlo and JohnLuca. The restaurant is also where brunch is served, and it is by far the best brunch we have had on our travels through Europe. (Beers, bloody mary's, and mimosas might help a little!). The 3rd floor opens up to a welcoming bar, and the best view we have ever seen. Franceso the pool boy will set up your lounge chair, refill your wine glass, and get you towels after a nice dip in the pool. Behind the bar Nino and Veronica tend to your every need, with local wine reccomendations to some great cappucinos. Every night my wife and I would come down for a cocktail and finger foods before we left for our dinner, and every night Nino and Veronica were such a treat. We leave the pool and bar area and make our way up three more floors to our room. A spacious suite with a breathtaking view. The tiles are all original, and add to the evergrowing charm of the Hotel Poseidon. The beds are comftorable (those who say otherwise must all own tempurpedic mattresse's at home). The bathrooms are clean, well sized, and the shower works perfectly. The air-con works wonders on the warm summer nights. The veranda off of our room is where we would enjoy a beer from the mini-bar and read our books. The view is to die for.
Now onto some talking points that most travelers are interested in.
The location. The hotel is situated in the side of a mountain a 10 minute walk from the beach. Not too low as to ruin the view and not too high as to make the walk strenuous.
The beds are comfy, the rooms clean, and the bathrooms very nice.
The staff is amazing, I have never met people who care so much about their guests.
The airconditions works perfectly.
The hotel food is spot on.
The pool and bar area are a great place to hang out (night or day) It is also a great area to meet and mingle with other travelers (Sam, Steph, Vanetta, Tony, Dan, and Jason thank you all for making our trip so special!)
I reccomend this hotel to anybody who is going to Positano.
My wife and I were married here last Sept, came back for our 1 year anniversary, and will be back for our 2nd. We always say if we won the lottery we would buy a room here, it is truly heaven on earth.
Lastly I would like to thank Samer for everything. From planning our perfect wedding last year to handling our every need this trip. You are what seperates normal 4 star hotels to hotels like the Poseidon!

Room Tip: We have stayed in rooms 33 and 34 and loved both!
5  Thank Connor O
Hotel P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear wonderful Couple!

Greetings from Positano!

Thank you for your beautiful words. We really appreciate your comments.

My name is Sonia Ferrera, Guest Relations Manager,
here at Poseidon. Great to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us.
Marco and Monica, the owners say hello to you ;)

We hope to welcome you soon again. We are at your disposal for any request or question, please contact me at: prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it You can follow us on fb "Hotel Poseidon".
We have a lot of news and surprises for this year. Our opening will be the next 16th of April.

Best Regards from all the Poseidon Team!

A presto!

Sonia Ferrera

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 5, 2013

we stayed at hotel Poseidon two nights at the beginning of September. when we arrived we were faced with the question on how to get our bags to the hotel room. the porter charged us 8 dollars per bag to get the hotel. we recommend taking the road to the hotel rather than the stairs as the stairs is quite a workout and the road was a nice walk (however difficult if you have suitcases).

the food was very good at the restaurant. they had a nice little bar overlooking positano for a night cap that a bunch of the hotel guests hung out. if your lucky you get to talk to the owner about the hotels rich history. We were on our honeymoon and they gave us a free bottle of proseco from the bar which was very nice.

there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel that is for the local positano bus. there is a small market right in front of the hotel to buy wine for the room and some food / drinks.

the staff coordinated our dinners both nights as the restaurants we were staying at picked us up and took us above the city for dinner.

the guest relations manager was very nice and gave us great advice throughout our stay. he was very present and was always standing around during breakfast.

the rooms had fantastic views of positano and we would stay there again,

Room Tip: ask for a view that overlooks positano. the lower rooms are closer to the street which can be a bit noisy.

Dear Guest!

Greetings from Positano!
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments.
My name is Sonia Ferrera, Guest Relations Manager,
here at Poseidon. Great to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us.

We hope to welcome you soon again. If you have any request or question, please contact me at: prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it You can follow us on fb "Hotel Poseidon".

Best Regards from all the Poseidon Team!

A presto!