“Wow!!! Perfection right there”
Review of Hotel Poseidon

Hotel Poseidon
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Beautiful hotel and professional and courteous staff. Food quality and presentation impeccable; the view is amazing; the staff cannot do enough for you; communication is excellent; tranquil surroundings; have to be the nicest location in the world: would go back time and time again; only comment is that the pool closes at 6 p.m.; after a hot day climbing the stairs it would be nice to come back and have a swim before dinner.

Room Tip: ask for 4th floor or higher to get the best view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SueV1313
Hotel P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Sue! Greetings from Positano!
Thank you very much for your messagge!
It's really important for us!
I’m Sonia Ferrera, the Guest Relations Manager.
Our philosophy is "A discreet and elegant hospitality,
helps to create a warm and familiar atmosphere allowing
our guests to feel at home".
We hope to have you again with us very soon!.
We remain at your disposal for any request. You can contact me at:
prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it
Best regards from all the members of our team ;)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had the most amazing stay at Poseidon Hotel for my birthday. From the moment we checked in, throughout our entire stay, the staff, especially Samer, was so helpful and went out of their way to make out stay memorable. Samer, of guest relations, was exceptional in every way! Our first night there, he helped us celebrate my birthday on the beautiful terrace, overlooking Positano. The front desk staff was very helpful as well. The rooms were very clean with amazing views. A great location! Great breakfast, also. There is a nice grocery store right across the street, with great prices. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a beautiful hotel! We will definitely stay there again when we go back. Thank you Samer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Brian! Greetings from Positano!
Thank you very much for your messagge!
It's really important for us!
I’m Sonia Ferrera, the Guest Relations Manager.
Our philosophy is "A discreet and elegant hospitality,
helps to create a warm and familiar atmosphere allowing
our guests to feel at home".
We hope to have you again with us very soon!.
We remain at your disposal for any request. You can contact me at:
prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it
Best regards from all the members of our team ;)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everything centres around the pool and the view, just the way it should be. Wonderful staff and excellent breakfast however perhaps don't bother with the themed nights in the restaurant. We are going again next year!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you walk into Hotel Poseidon, you think "Yes! This is it. Exactly what we needed." At 11pm, Antonio was there to greet us and show us the hotel. It could have been the 24 hours of travel, but I cried. Hotel Poseidon is a wonderful and charming place that reminds you that you are indeed in Italy. The rooms are full of personality and the layout of the hotel is fun. I think I worked off any calories by taking the stairs! We ended up eating at the hotel restaurant 3 out of 5 nights because it was so good. Fabio is a wonderful maitre' d and Gianluca and Giancarlo will add to the experience. If you are lucky, Bito, the hotel dog, will join you for a meal. We LOVED him. The limited menu is just fine by me. I ate pizza or pasta every night and it was incredible. Dancing in the bar with the owner, manager and the beautiful Beba makes you feel at home. We truly made friends here and plan to make it a regular visit each year! Grazie, Albergo Poseidon.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After having arrived after check in time we were informed our room was not ready and suggested to have a bite to eat by the pool. To be honest for the toasted sandwiches that we had it was fairly pricey and the sandwiches were fairly average. Once we got to our room, the room was beautiful, the terrace even more so creating a spacious extravagant feel. One negative was, was that I came across some hairs on the bathroom floor and bedroom floor but only the odd one here and there.
It's a bit of a walk up the hill to the beach and back due to its location, but not too bad at all if you enjoy the walk.
Despite the odd thing here and there I would recommend if you are willing to spend the $$

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B R
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This review covers the restaurant/terrace and general service experienced as a 2nd time visitor. We stayed at the Hotel Poseidon 10 years ago on our honeymoon (& reviewed on Tripadvisor). This trip we had circumstances that had us in an apartment very close by, so we did not stay in the hotel itself. We loved Hotel Poseidon 10 years ago, so we stopped in to see if we could enjoy some of the facilities.

We stayed in a suite during our honeymoon and inquired about the ability to pay for breakfast and enjoy the terrace/pool area during lunch and/or dinner. We had breakfast at the hotel twice, lunch a few times, and cocktails one evening. The terrace/pool/bar/restaurant staff are all fantastic and very accommodating. The terrace area is really one of the best in Positano. We met Samer, the Guest Relations manager who took care of us just as well as a full guest - for being a patron of the restaurant.

We always enjoy meeting the other guests at the Poseidon. I remember this from 10 years ago - and the same is true this time. The atmosphere is so relaxed - but it's easy to spark up a conversation if you want to (and just as easy to keep to yourself and enjoy the quiet) - but there's something about the clientele that is quite nice. Lots of experienced, refined, international travelers... no snobbery.

In looking through reviews and hearing from guests, I believe the beds are in line with what you find in a lot of Europe. During this trip to a number of locations in France and Italy, we did find an improvement in the quality and comfort of beds throughout Europe. So, I do hope they change out or upgrade the beds in time for our return. As I mentioned in my review from 10 years ago - you spend most of your time outside the room in Positano. Go enjoy the terrace: there's a pool with a fantastic view, air conditioning in the common areas, wifi, and great service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wrldtrvlrgrl
Reviewed July 5, 2013

WOW...fabulous hotel where I melted into the enviroment. I truly lost track of days and missed my flight. The good news is I stayed 4 days longer. The breakfast buffet was at least 60 feet long and was included in the price. Same with the the WIFI. Last year I stayed here and came right back ASAP. This year I had a 30 minute massage at the spa---upscale, clean environment. Wish I had spent more time there. The evening entertainment is embedded in my brain; the vocalist serenaded me. The food was so fresh (fish, veal, caprese salad and even brick oven pizza). I have read reviews of "tired look" which surprises me. As a licensed interior design professional (ASID certified in USA), the Hotel Posedion represents Mediteranian elegance, not franchised hotel chains. I LOVE the old world charm and ambiance. There is a small TV room adjacent to the pool/bar area which was perfect to catch a couple of matches of Wimbleton. If anyone has a problem/issue they need to voice it to any of the employees. The staff at Hotel Poseidon is second to none and I travel the world for business/pleasure.....including Bangkok, Thailand, which is known to be outstanding. My experience was 'over the top' FABULOSO and I cannot wait to return and would not change a thing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo