All reviews breakfast room our honeymoon amalfi coast the main road special room complimentary boat trip spectacular views sister hotel la terra carried our bags cafe positano wonderful hotel pastries lounge chairs large balcony half way the hotel offers
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Stayed 3 nights at the end of October. We were met on the street by a porter from the hotel to help with our luggage when heading down the 150 steps to the hotel. Rosita and Carmela were so nice and provided such good service at the front desk.

The location was wonderful - steps down led right into the heart of Positano with all the restaurants and the harbour to catch ferries to other locations on the coast. Steps up led to a stretch of main road full of lovely restaurants. The view from our room was stunning and the view from the breakfast verandah was amazing as well. The room was comfortable with a good bed and lovely bathroom. The shower was great.

Breakfast was very good with some scrambled eggs and bacon available and then a large continental breakfast selection.

Note - Positano is FULL of steps. You must go up or down MANY stairs to get anywhere from the hotel and anywhere around Positano. However with the amount of good food around, we needed to work off the calories :)

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kiki R
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Once again, Rosita was warm and inviting. When my wife and I arrived for our 5 year anniversary trip back to where we got married, we were welcomed by Rosita like we were family she had not seen in 5 years. She wanted to know all about things that happened to us in the last 5 years, and wanted to see pictures of our daughter who was born the year after we got married. The staff at the Miramare was super friendly and helpful. They will make reservations for you, even recommend places to eat or to have drinks. The view is breathtaking, nothing like it. Just be ready to walk a lot of steps. Definitely a work out. The upside is that they have someone who will carry your luggage down to the hotel from the road where you get dropped off. Make sure to go to the breakfast room and enjoy their breakfast, with an amazing view. Bring your sunglasses, because it is very sunny. I can"t say enough about this place. Great experience again. Thank You Rosita and staff.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Hospitality - Rosita especially, but really everyone was very welcoming.

Views - especially from the breakfast area, the views were spectacular - the best, for me, is watching the boats gently bob in the water, but the cliffside and mountains are striking next to the water.

Breakfast - I can't recall if the breakfast was included for all rates or if it was a package deal. I'll say that it was really quite good quality with standard Italian breakfast offerings - bacon, eggs, pastries, yogurt with 5-8 toppings, cappuccino to order, etc. Pair that with the view from the breakfast room, really good food tastes excellent.

Location - from the bottom of town by the harbor, Miramare really isn't that far up. Walking up the first time seems like a decent trek, but once you walk more of the town and put its height into context, it's really quite a short hike down to the majority of restaurants. As well, just a bit further up form Miramare is a road lined with more restaurants and stores.
Glancing at other less than stellar reviews, I particularly find any comments about the number of steps to be particularly asinine. It's a town on a cliff! What do you expect? I wouldn't say "theres too much snow" on a review for a hotel in Colorado in December. These reviewers might though.

Recommendation: I would definitely spring for any extra money it costs to be in the main hotel as opposed to Casa Giorgio. The accommodation there is clean, well maintained, etc. The benefit of its location is also its downfall (for me, at least). It's right by a road with a bunch of restaurants so there's a lot of noise and traffic there.

Overall, I would return for the good company, views, and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vegas0012
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 nights here while traveling for our honeymoon. We actually stayed in 3 separate hotels in Positano and this was by far our favorite. The staff was unbelievable. Rosita and Carmella really go out of their way to make sure your stay and experience is Perfect!! The hotel also offered a complimentary boat ride, which was a nice surprise (we had a blast)! We stayed in room 210. I'm still dreaming about this room, terrace and the shower that looks over the coast! The rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. People may complain about the steps, but if you don't want to climb steps, I wouldn't recommend Positano. Overall, this hotel exceeded all of our expectations and I'm so glad we were able to make memories here!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Our room was large and very nice, however, the balcony is incredible. Beautiful during the day and even more magical at night. There are a lot of steps, but that's what makes Positano so charming. Rosita and Carmella at the desk were very helpful with guiding us to the hot spots!

Stayed: October 2017