All reviews private beach fig jam two sons the salt water pool croissants amalfi coast paninis caprese salad breakfast terrace short walk olive oil fresh fruit beautiful pool family run b b lovely family tyrrhenian sea stunning views
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

This was the most amazing place to stay. The la fenice family was very accommodating, knowledgeable and kind. They went out of their way at every moment to make sure that our stay was perfect. The room was very cute and the views, pool, private beach and delicious breakfast made our stay over the top. I would not stay anywhere else and will definitely return.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lilia B
Reviewed June 17, 2018

My husband and I were looking for the perfect spot for our 4 days in Positano and La Fenice exceeded our expectations! Costantino and his family were gracious hosts and the property was wonderful. We especially enjoyed the delicious breakfasts on the patio and the secluded, gorgeous private beach. It was also an easy 10 min walk down to the main Positano town area. During our stay, Giulio and Giacomo also had great recommendations for us on where to eat and what to see and helped get us reservations at some really special spots.

Really wonderful B&B run by a wonderful, caring family. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

This B&B was absolutely excellent.
We stayed at La Fenice for 6 nights. I will strongly recommend to anyone visiting the Amalfi Coast.
The property was beautiful. Lovely pool and pool deck with spectacular views.
Service was unprecedented. Every request or question, big or small, was helpfully addressed. Every recommendation by staff was spot on including restaurants to try or places to visit.
We parked our car for the week which was very easy.
Breakfasts were top notch. Fig jam and croissants were a particular high light.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We’ve just left La Fenice after a wonderful five days spent in their Sea View Suite, which comprised two bedrooms, one large bathroom and a huge terrace with a beautiful sea view.

I chose La Fenice mainly because of the great guest reviews, so I thought I’d submit my own.

My partner, son and I had one bedroom in the Sea View Suite; and my parents had the other.

My parents are both in their seventies and struggled a little bit with the steps at La Fenice (and with the steps and hills, generally, in Positano) but they knew what lay ahead when we booked and the lovely breakfasts made the steps up to the dining area well worth it.

Costantino and his two sons, Giulio and Giacomo, were brilliant and couldn’t do enough for us: giving us advice, booking restaurants, checking timetables, etc. We had great meals at all three restaurants they recommended, and my parents really appreciated the free transfers laid on by a couple of the restaurants.

The private beach was gorgeous: parasols, loungers and deckchairs, kayaks and a paddle board. All free to use, which we did every day. And we were lucky enough to be there when the pool opened on 1 June, which was great for my son. Plus he loved their gorgeous collie dog.

For me, the highlight of our stay was waking up to the spectacular views from our bedroom window and terrace. Stunning.

Thank you to everyone at La Fenice for a wonderful stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank LizHawkins
Reviewed May 30, 2018

My husband and I, along with another couple, spent 6 nights in this lovely b &b. Our positive experience began with the initial contact to book 2 rooms overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea. The Mandara family, father, mother, and sons, were responsive and immediately accommodating to our needs and wants. Each morning, we climbed the steps to the street and were greeted by the pet geese and birds and family collie, and then headed up to the terrace overlooking the water to have breakfast. Each day the breakfast was different, although one could request and receive almost anything. Our rooms were spacious, with plenty of closets so we could easily unpack and still have plenty of space to roam our room. And the treat of just relaxing on our balcony was icing on the cake.

The only down side to this oasis is the many steps one must climb from the lower level to get to breakfast, but the friendly greetings made the climb worthwhile. Our hosts took care of handling all luggage, upon arrival and departure. Their recommendations for dinners and other activities were always perfect. When necessary, they arranged driving services, or recommended other modes of transportation (ferries are preferred when possible, as one doesn't have to deal with the road traffic). Although we were there before the pool opened, that is an added bonus.

The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the main street in Positano. We never locked our doors while staying: the beds were comfortable and the rooms quiet. The visit was just great.

Room tip: Tell the hosts about any physical issues and they will help determine the best room
Date of stay: May 2018