“The true definition of customer service”
Review of Hotel Eden Roc

Hotel Eden Roc
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed October 21, 2013

From the moment we arrived and had somebody park our car to the moment we left, with somebody guiding us on our way this hotel offered a level of customer service I have never seen before. We only had two nights to savour the experience but it was simply perfect. The views from the rooms are simply awesome, the attention to detail ultimate, the in-house dining experience extremely romantic and the wine tasting really enjoyable. The best compliment I can give however is that we will return again to enjoy this hotel, but stay longer next time. Thank you all who made our stay so special but particular mention to Pascal and Ezio.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea but not all have a jacuzzi on the balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I just visited Positano and enjoyed the warm hospitality of Eden Roc for two great nights. The staff is superb and my room was outstanding with an ocean view and first class amenities. The room was spacious and well maintained. Overall, Eden Roc provides great hospitality from the time you arrive to checkout. While it may be true that it is not on the beach, they have parking facilities for those of us who choose to drive ourselves in Italy and the walk down to the beach is a short walk.

I've stayed at the hotel on five different occasions and it only gets better. Especially Tony in the dining room. Tony is the chief server in the dining room and always extends a warm and cheery greeting for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scoop1955
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent 4 days at the Eden Roc following a stay at the Grand Convento in Amalfi. I probably would have enjoyed this hotel more if I had not just come from such an amazing property that was so close and was actually cheaper. This is not a bad hotel; however, it just screams missed opportunity.

The location in Positano is great. We stayed in one of the rooms that has a large terrace and hot tub overlooking the sea and a partial view of Positano. The room was large, clean, and overall not bad. First off, the furnishings of the rooms and hotel in general are very kitschy. Positano is very picturesque and one would think that the more expensive rooms would be setup to take advantage of the available views. That's not the case. There was even a very large dead tree in front of the hotel that blocked the views.

My biggest problem with the property was the pool area and dining area on the top level. We had great weather for an afternoon by the pool. The ultra cheap and tacky furnishings of this area made me want to never return after the quick 30 minutes we spent there. An example of what I am referring to would be that the floors and walls of this area were covered in green outdoor carpet from the 70's. A few people staying at the hotel came up to the pool area while we were there but then quickly left as soon as they saw what it was like. We then tried to have lunch up there, but the food was bad and the service was unique.

The only other food we tried here was the breakfast. It was ok, not bad but just pretty average. We ended up eating in Positano and also had several meals at Le Sirenuse. The food and service here was spectacular. If I had to stay in Positano again, I would definitely book a room at Le Sirenuse. I have not seen the rooms; however, the pool area and facility in general was very posh. I could have booked a basic room here for a little more; however, I think it would have been well worth it.

I tried to use the gym but that was little more than a closet. It was actually hot and just a bad excuse for a workout facility. I peeked in one of the spa rooms which were worse.

Service overall at Eden Roc was pretty good. Front desk service was really good. We also had a guy that worked the breakfast buffet and did morning room service that was a real star. I guess I just expect alot more for 540 euros per night.

1  Thank Globetrotter8869
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a wonderful vacation in beautiful Positano! Hotel Eden Roc was an absolutely lovely hotel from the minute our taxi pulled up to the resort to the minute the taxi picked us up at the end of our stay. The staff were truly incredible with a special shout out to Simone (front desk), Tony (breakfast) & Ezio (lunch/dinner restaurant)! Actually, every staff person we encountered were very friendly and simply could not do enough for us. The breakfast was very good and the front desk staff simply couldn't do enough, providing us with lots of helpful info about surrounding restaurants, tours and sights we shouldn't miss!

With all that said, I can't give a perfect score because the prices were just too steep. We paid close to 400 euros a night for a room that had 2 single beds. With the exchange into Canadian dollars, it works out to over $500 a night!! Despite the wonderful customer service and beautiful view, I just can't justify the price. The restaurant for dinner, although very enjoyable, was too expensive compared to the surrounding restaurants. We quickly learned to eat at nearby restaurants instead and were still able to enjoy the stunning Positano views.

In short, we had a wonderful time and will always look back on our stay fondly. However, due to the prices (and I have since found cheaper prices at other lovely hotels nearby), I doubt we will be back. Still, a HUGE thank you to the wonderful staff. We had a lovely time!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I spent our first nights of our honeymoon here and could not have picked a better place. The room was immaculate and large. The view of the Mediterranean could not be beat.

The front desk staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Their restaurant recommendations were always spot on for the experience we wanted.

The location of the hotel is higher up on the hill but it makes for a beautiful walk to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel has beautiful views and great location to city center and the beaches. The staff is very nice and attentive. The rooms are beautiful. We stayed in a suite with a balcony over looking the water. They have a few suites with private hot tubs- these book very early in advance so if you are considering one, reserve early. Sadly the restaurant was terrible. The wait staff was slow, two people and 5 tables yet stil very slow. The food was not very good. The carbonara was undercooked pasta and overcooked sauce. I didnt finish the meal. The fish dinner was ok. Drink prices are very high. They ask you if you want a glass of prosecco to start. Every where else we have gone this has been complimentary. They charged us 30 euros for two glasses. So highly wouldnt recommend eating here but the rooms are very nice.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This family-run hotel is very special. To begin, the service is impeccable. The staff are very energetic and extremely courteous. The energy that the breakfast waiter has in the morning is quite incredible. Breakfast is served every morning and is included in the rate. There are a wide variety of cakes/pastries, bread, fruits, cereals, etc. Overall was a good start to our day.

Our room was spacious and kept very clean by the staff. We staying in Deluxe Junior Suite which came with a large Jacuzzi on the balcony. It was very nice and cleaned daily. The view was spectacular, with a complete ocean view and a nice view of Positano. It is about a 7 minute walk down to the beach and there are plenty of shops on the way down.

The food at the hotel was some of the best I have had in Positano. I think there are only one or two restaurants on par with Adamo ed Eva in Positano.

Overall I would have no hesitations in recommending this hotel to anyone. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the room with the Jacuzzi. Definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple