“Memorable family owned hotel with fantastic food!”

and 1 more site!
Al Barilotto Del Nonno
Ranked #10 of 48 Positano B&B and Inns
“Memorable family owned hotel with fantastic food!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Almost half a year ago we visited the amalfi coast and on the last night we had dinner at Al Barilotto del Nonno. I wish we would have discovered this place sooner! An absolutely wonderful experience with devine pasta and to-die-for Lemon cake. The family was lovely and provided great service. Thank you Giovanni for a memorable evening, we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Joyce_Schel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
aol.com
Reviewed November 27, 2012

On a rainy, cool, November evening our driver Francis brought us here for dinner and an overnight stay. On this trip we were a family of 8--and what an experience we had! Exhausted and hungry, we were treated like long lost but important relatives. The rooms, the dinner, the singing just made the experience perfect. For my husband, this was the high point of nearly a month in Italy! Thank you Giovanni, Rachel, Mario....and Giovanni's other sister and sister-in-law in the kitchen for making us feel so at home and so special. This place has history and we thank you for sharing it with us. You are tops!!

Room Tip: We had rooms un the upper remodeled floor. All had beautiful sea views. Absolutely nothing negative...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rpv13
toronto,canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent a few days in September at the Barilotto. It was our third time there and it was probably the best experience. They built a new floor with brand new rooms, modern comfortable and with beautiful terraces. From our terrace, we had a wonderful view of the sea and of the property next to us, the famous San Pietro.
Originally we planned to have some meals at other restaurants, but after the first meal, we decided to have most of the meals on the beautiful terrace.
Giovanni and his family made us feel at home, including the singing of Canzonete Napolitane at night.

A most welcoming experience

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor (they cost a little more but they are excellent)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank maiestate
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This restaurant is nice and beautiful. The terrace under a ceiling of grapes and fruits cretes a very romantic atmosphere. The service is polite and friendly. The cuisine is typical and great. Portions are generous and price is fair and reasonnable. We stayed one week in Positano and dined 3 times at this place since it was the best we have tried in Italy so far in our 15 days trip including Rome.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank sergiobenito
Rhode Island
Reviewed September 7, 2012

In 1990 I was passing Al Barilotto del Nonno at lunch time. I'm italian and my senses told me this was the place to stop for lunch. That lunch started a 23 year "love affair" with the most amazing people you will ever meet. I visited them monthly (while I lived and worked in Rome). I brought many friends and stateside visitors, with me to enjoy their hospitality, food, friendliness and beauty. To them, everyday is "business as usual" but to an outsider..........this was as close to heaven as you could get. No request was too small or too big. Special dinners, deserts, birthday party celebrations......just ask. My stateside friends and family have visited there, always asking the same question "how did you find this place"? It was my lucky day, is all I can say. Now that they have the website, I send notes constantly. I could go on and on about this beautiful place and my friends. I will see them again in 2013. I can't wait. Signor Caranci (gli Stati Uniti).

Room Tip: Pick any room. They all have amazing views of the Med. Enjoy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank charlie7211940
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The rooms are top quality with great views but it was the fantastic family that made the stay so memorable!!! The food at the restaurant was top notch, there was no need to go elsewhere for dinner, everything was home made with love...
There's no doubt we will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We have know the families of this wonderful hotel in Positano for about twenty years. We have there numerous times over these years and enjoy the amazing food and service and friendly family atmosphere.
Joe & Joyce Pitassi