“Exellent location”
other travelers have booked this property
Terrace view, II° Level Terrace view, II° level
From Positano to Capri
View Positano
Positano, Garitta
Sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ernest d
Boston, Massachusetts
“Exellent location”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

The owner Gaetano was waiting for us when we arrived. He was very helpful for the entire stay with anything we asked for. The location was excellent and the rooms were nice. It was clean and the bathrooms were all new.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Gaetano lived on the property and was always available
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
CamelotGi...
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Pictures Were Misleading”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Positano is a beautiful place to visit, no one could not enjoy it. I was travelling with my sisters and their husbands to celebrate my 50th birthday. Villa Maristella was not what I had hoped for. Fran B from Birmingham, Michigan nailed it with her review. The pictures made the apartments look much bigger than they were. There are certainly many bedrooms, we actually didn't use two of the singles. The upper apartment was very dated and depressing with a patio that was much smaller than the pictures made it look. The view is beautiful but directly below is the street; the images make it look like your few is directly of the water. The smaller apartment below was nicer but again smaller, the patio had no view. Unfortunately the weather was unseasonably cold and rainy - can't do much about that though. It did make hiking around the town easier - if it was hot, it could make it unmanageable for the faint of heart. We stayed 7 nights which was too long 4 or 5 nights would've been perfect. We did take the ferry to Capri and hired

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jan 3, 2014
I'm confused Laura, this is what you have written the June 15 2013 (review), on HouseTrip where you made your reservation.
In addition, I have the page of our guestbook , where you have written nice words on my property, on me and my family.
I believe that you should not be the same person.
We enjoyed our stay in Positano very much! We were a party of 8 so we used both apartments. The upstairs apartment had plenty of sleeping space but could use a little freshening up. The downstairs apartment "Mare" was very nice and cozy with two nice bedrooms (the bed spreads could be updated), a very accommodating kitchen and sitting area and a private outside sitting area - the real view was from the upstairs patio. The location was appealing to us, away from the busy tourist area down below. We really felt like we were living amongst the community and enjoyed watching the school children come and go. There were plenty of wonderful views in the neighbourhood and many shops and restaurants. All in all, it was a fabulous trip!
Lucy F
Hamilton, Ontario
“Just Beautiful”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Group of 8 traveled from Canada. Beautiful location overlooking the water. Gaetano was absolutely wonderful, very helpful and efficient. All the conveniences you need in the kitchen if you want to stay home and prepare meals. Only negative remark would be the damp odor smell in the bedroom especially, but this can't really be avoided considering the villa is built into the mountains. The rest of the positives more than make up for this though. Easy access to bus route a few feet away from your door if you are unable to walk or climb down the stairs to the beach. Fall is an excellent time to go, not to hot or crowded. Thank you, we hope to return again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Scenery and helpfulness of owner
Liked least: Damp odor.

Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

NathalieC...
Montreal, Canada
“Perfect apartment for a family of six”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We have stayed 4 nights in Positano in the Mare apartment. Very easy booking with Mr. Gaetano who was so friendly during our stay.
The apartment 'Mare' is adequate for a family of 6: One room for two, one room for 3 and one sofa bed for two in the living room.
The view is amazing and the apartment is well located in Postano. Of course, with its marvelous view, we knew we had to walk many steps up and down to travel across town. Since we were traveling with my father in law, we used the convenient bus that goes around Positano(the bus stop is in the front of the apartment).
Apartment was clean, well equipped and the 'terrace' is just perfect to have long diners with the wonderful view. I strongly recommend the Martistella apartment.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location, the view, the cleannes, Wifi for the teenagers
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Scottsdale Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing