“What a highlight!!!”

Cooking class at Hotel Buca di Bacco
Reviewed October 28, 2012

SO terrific! Chef Andrea was amazing... and Carla was too. We learned how to make an amazing meal from scratch and got to meet two other couples that we ended up spending the evening laughing and dining with. I've already tried the gnocchi and pesto at home - turned out great! Could not say enough about this experience. Andrea was such a warm and friendly man - every time we walked by his restaurant and waved, he stopped and came out and said hello - he even invited us to meet he and his friends at the night club and when we ran into him around town - he always stopped and chatted. We feel as if we made a friend in Positano. What a treat.

1  Thank PortlandLy_P

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Thank you Luigi, Luigi and Chef Andrea!
This was an amazing highlight of my 2 week european adventure! I have been meaning to take a cooking class in Italy and there are several to choose from in this area. I am sure that any cooking adventure is fun when you are on vacation so you can't really go wrong. Setting yourself apart from the rest is what it is all about at Buca di Bacco. The class was only 6 people, the translation, instruction and hands-on experience was so much FUN!
I love my souvenirs, made some new friends, the food was great and the memories will last a lifetime! Now I can entertain at home and cook fresh homemade itialian food to impress my friends and family!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I took this class with a British couple and had the best time. Both the chef and his interpreter were so entertaining and insightful. We drank prosecco throughout the class, which lasted about two hours, so wear comfortable shoes! We learned to make gnocchi, pesto, pomodoro, eggplant parmigiana... They were very detailed and encouraged us to make notes in the little cook books they gave us (along with chef hats, aprons, and a gnocchi paddle). I can't wait to make my own pasta from scratch! We got to eat the amazing meal that we helped to make in the restaurant patio on the beach. It was truly memorable and a highlight of our vacation! Worth every penny!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was hands down the highlight of our whole Italy trip. The class was worth every penny. We made three delicious meals, all from scratch. Chef Andrea and Carla were so friendly and helpful and answered any questions we had. After the class we got to enjoy our meals in the restaurant overlooking the beach. I can't say enough good things about this class, I highly recommend it.

1  Thank MC_Pierce
Reviewed July 28, 2012

After a couple rainy days in Positano we were looking for something fun to do. I remembered reading about the cooking class at the Hotel Buca di Bacco. We popped into the oceanside hotel and we fortunate that there were two spaces available.

Chef Guiseppe and his interpreter, Carla made us feel welcome! We were given chef toques and aprons (as well as a recipe book and other items to take home). After serving us a glass of prosecco, we made gnocchi, a delicious light tomatos sauce, pesto, pasta and eggplant parmesan. The time flew by! The atmosphere was light and we all enjoyed Chefs easy manner

We were then brought to an oceanside table and served our masterpieces with wine and dessert. Make sure you don't eat beforehand...you'll want to enjoy your efforts!

What a wonderful way to remember your vacation...I wowed my bookclub with the recipes we learned! Buon Appetito!