“Lovely view, great food”
Review of Il Capitano

Il Capitano
Ranked #24 of 86 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Instagram: ristorante_il_capitano
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Lovely view, great food”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Visited on a busy night and had to wait a while for a table. We ordered drinks whilst we waited but they never came (we weren't charged for them). It felt like there just weren't quite enough staff. I had the seafood risotto which was packed with clams, mussells, squid etc and really tasty. My husband had pasta which was deliciously fresh. Can't remember what we paid but I don't remember it being expensive. Beautiful view over the sea but best suited if you are staying up the top end of the town as it could be a bit of a walk for those not so steady on the hills.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Located on the hillside overlooking the bay. Good fish restaurant with a diverse menu - not the usual run of the mill choices. We had three courses and everything was cooked fresh. The only reason this didnt get 5 stars was due to service. They were busy and overlooked us sometimes, otherwise good.

Visited June 2014
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food great atmosphere and stunning views”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I visited Il Capitano on two occasions during our recent stay in Positano. In our opinion those two meals were the best we had whilst there. The restaurant is a little way up the hill from the main town near to the Hotel Poseidon. Its well worth the 5 minute walk uphill. On both occasions we shared an Octopus salad to start. This might not sound appealing to everyone but believe me it was stunning. We also had a mix of meat and fish dishes during our visit. Everthing was cooked perfectly, was fresh, wonderfully tasty and very good value around 60 euros for a shared starter, two mains, desert and a bottle of house wine.I highly recommend you try it, the food won't dissapoint and the views from the restaurant are incredible.

Howell, NJ
“Great food with great views”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was our second trip to Positano and I planned from the beginning to have dinner at this terrific restaurant. Previously I had reviewed this restaurant and said while the food was great the service wasn't as good. But this time the service was the equal of the food. When we arrived I noticed that my favorite wasn't on the menu any longer. It is zucchini sautéed in white vinegar, mint and olive oil. When I questioned the waiter, he knew exactly what I wanted and had the chef make it for us. My wife and I had the black ink pasta with cuttle fish and baby calamari. This was just fantastic. We went back to Il Capitan for lunch the next day and again I ordered my zucchini favorite and again it was great. We all had pizza for lunch and that was very good. This is my favorite restaurant in Positano. One other item, not only is the food great, but you can't beat the view

“Great views & food”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Despite the mixed reviews, we gave this a try based on the location. Tables are away from the main road, with great views over the sea and Positano. We had starters, pizza and desert. All done well and tasty. Service was good. Would be very happy to go again.