“This is a real 4 star hotel . Excellent service , location”

Hotel Palazzo Murat
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Miami, Florida
“This is a real 4 star hotel . Excellent service , location”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I recently booked a hotel with misleading advertising in positano , you can read my review about it, the domina royal hotel, I wasted over $2500 because when I checked in I could not take it and started to call hotels around in positano . The only 2 five star hotels in town were booked so I walked to the center of the town which is like 500 steps down in the jungle and the 15 minute walk to where restaurants and show are. My husband and I walked in to hotel palazzo Murat , the front desk staff was extremely caring and attentive they accommodate us immediately and we moved to the hotel. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the showers are for normal people , we have a balcony , I am still staying here while I write this review. The breakfast is great, and the location can't get any better, You can walk up or down for some action or you can stay in your room for peace or enjoy the pool , it is quite people are classy and the service is priceless.

1 Thank lmaestres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent two days in Positano and stayed at Palazzo Murat. The location is fantastic. Five minutes from the beach and the pool is right beside the Basilica. You literally swim right beside the dome. Fantastic. Very comfy chaise lounges and panoramic view of hillsidw of Positano.
Their gardens are stunning and lush. Full of trees am their own vegetable garden. This is where they served a delectable breakfast and dinner. (Breakfast was included). Their restaurant is top-notch.
Our room was gorgeous with a private patio which was shaded by a canopy of bougainvillea.
The hotel also offers a free 2-hour boat tour of Positano. Don't miss it! It's a great way to see the island from the sea and they let you swim in he Mediterranean too!
Overall, a beautiful experience. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights at Palazzo Murat and couldn't have had a nicer stay. The room was spacious and clean, the location in the city couldn't get any better and the service exceeded all of our expectations.

The only things we would recommend to fellow travelers would be reserve your spot on the hotels boat before you arrive as it fills up fast! Enjoy your stay!!

1 Thank Sanibelmike2
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed here for 2 nights. Just like the other reviews the breakfast spread was excellent & the service outstanding. Our adapter wouldn't fit in their plugs but the reception and maintenance guys spent an hour trying to figure out the problem. Turns out 2 of their 10 spare adapters were faulty. Nothing was a problem. The boat ride included was really nice. They provided beach towels and beach bags. The location was very close to the beach and not up many stairs. All and all highly recommended.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our 5th stay in Positano and this time we stayed at the Hotel Palazzo Murat. This property ticked all the right box's, check-in was smooth, friendly and helpful, the room was beautiful, clean, air-conditioned with french doors leading onto a small balcony with a beautiful view over the pretty garden and ocean. The breakfast was exceptionally good set outside in a lovely courtyard. We had one dinner in the one Michelin star restaurant and that was exceptional. The location of the hotel is perfect, if you love the beach it's a 2-3 minute walk away and the hotel supplies a beach bag with beach/pool towels for guests to use. All the seaside front restaurants are also only a 2 minute walk away. There is a complimentary boat excursion offered by the hotel. The hotel organised our departure transport for us and the porters took our bags up the hill. Would I stay here again - absolutely!

Room Tip: If you wish to use the pool area my suggestion is to get there early as the day beds are taken very...
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Palazzo Murat will forever be my favorite hotel given the experience that I had leading up to and during our stay. I had to cancel a prepaid reservation due to my husband's serious illness last year and the hotel had no obligation to extend the kindness and genuine concern that they did. They allowed me to carry over the booking, touched base with me during the year to see how my husband was doing and had a warm welcome for us when we finally arrived this year. Antonino was outstanding! When I thanked him for all that he did for us he immediately gave full credit to the owners of the hotel and stated that it's due to their kindness that we were so well treated. I run a business myself and would be incredibly proud to have someone like Antonino representing me. The hotel itself is beautiful, grounds fantastic! Short walk to the beach, restaurants and shops. I cannot imagine that a better place exists in Positano!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Palazzo Murat is an elegant historical hotel nestled along the main walkway to the beach in Positano. We spent three romantic nights in room 32, one of which was for our wedding. Our room had a window facing the sea and a balcony facing the gardens with the most spectacular views of Positano . The décor of the palace is rather lavish creating a very regent feel with hints of modernity. We could not have picked a better place to have our ceremony and cocktail hour. Filomena, our wedding coordinator, was outstanding along with the other staff present at the hotel. The Cocktail hour consisted of delicious appetizers and drinks. We hired Neapolitan Duo from Amalficoastmusic which really complimented the romantic tone of the palace for 2 hours. I had my stunning updo done by Luisa E Flavia. My beautiful bouquets and corsages were by FloraGarden. We had three photographers and 1 videographer, 2 who flew in from Toronto and two photographers from Positano. The night of our wedding the hotel staff placed rose petals on our bed in the shape of a heart. Another guest we met at the hotel had a bottle of champagne and flowers sent to our room as well. If they are reading this, thank you so much. Palazzo offers an amazing breakfast served on their beautiful terrace area every morning. We cannot express in words how precious our time was. Being my second time back to Positano I highly recommend this hotel. We are already planning our return! Thank you so much again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple