New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Positano
london
“Best Hotel Evah!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place has hit the bullseye. The most special thing about it is it's aesthetic. Spot on informal italian glamour. Understated but supremely elegant. Very expensive but you can possibly get a discount if you ask in advance. The service is absolutely spot on, but the food is average for high quality italian restaurants in the south of Italy. Nothing beats the style though, I have never seen such beautiful old furnishings and buildings kept so well. There is not a polyester napkin in sight, and not a plastic piece of garden furniture in sight. No compromises...the way it should be for this price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank LondonWoohoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

my husband had booked this amazing hotel as a surprise for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
It was the most romantic place we have ever stayed, the hotel is pure understated decedence and the staff are so lovely. There is nothing to dislike about le Sirenuse, it is set in the hillside of Positano, a truly charming part of the Amalfi Coast.
We had such a memorable stay, loved it.

Room Tip: choose a superior room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

While yes this hotel is very expensive, we made the most if our short visit. The entire staff was very friendly and they knew my name the second time they saw me. They made accommodations for our car and helped us send our luggage on to our next hotel in Positano. We started with lunch by the pool when we arrived and it was delicious!! We had reserved a dinner table at their restaurant about two weeks in advance since it was the height of the season and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. And of course the views are amazing!! The wait staff knew our room number when we arrived for breakfast (by the way, don't miss this... They have a huge spread of options!). We're not celebrities but just like to enjoy new things and places. A fun treat that made for special memories!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Roadtrip022
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just went in for cocktails before having dinner (somewhere else). The views from the balcony overlooking the church and the square are stunning. So are the prices of cocktails and food.

Be prepared to pay 18 - 20 euro a cocktail and wear enclosed shoes, if you wear thongs/sandals you won't get in.

Remember this is the hotel of choice for the rich and famous - so if your'e not rich and famous .....

We had a lovely hour but for me, go to Buca or La Brezza down on the beach level, still got great views and you can have drinks for half the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GeoffAWard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We have been travelling through Italy for 3 weeks and recently along the Amalfi coast. This hotel was a real pleasure, the view, facilities and service were 5 star.

The two elements I would highlight for future guests (and will do myself the next time i come here) is make sure I book the restaurant well before arriving (the hotel managed to squeeze us in though I would have hated to have missed out on what was probably the perfect Amalfi dining experience, the view, the music (two talented local musicians) and the tasting menu (the fish was some of the best I have ever experienced). Secondly I will specify a balcony that doesn't overlook the pool.

All in all a few days that will stay with me forever.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank David O
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

So many places with great views that aren't $2k a night. Not worth it at all. Try one of the smaller hotels that actually care about your business. The service was not great, pool view was amazing but the entire hotel was loud.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank slw10708
AntonioSersale, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for letting us know of your experience while staying with us. I am sorry to read you found the Hotel overpriced with a mediocre service. As owners and Managers of Le Sirenuse we strive to ensure each and ever guests has an unforgettable experience. I am especially saddened to read that you felt we did not care for your business. I can assure you both myself and all the staff of Le Sirenuse care as our livelihood depends on it. I personally dedicate my life to the Hotel hoping one day my eldest son, currently studying at a Swiss Hotel School with take it over. All the staff is local with many many having worked here their entire life. Please know we care and aver saddened you stay was not perfect.
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've wanted to stay at this hotel for 10+ years and was able to realize my dream this June. For 1150E per night I assumed this place would be a real treat. For the first part it was: beautiful public spaces, lovely room, charming personal butler, turn down service, hovering attendants, etc. The one irk in the system came the morning we requested evening reservations at the restaurant. We were initially told that all we had to do was mention in the morning that we would like to eat at La Sponda and they would make space for us because we were guests at the hotel. However, the morning we requested our reservation they firmly informed us that they were booked and could not accommodate us. I was a bit disappointed and tried to ask again in the afternoon (around 4:30) and was told again it was booked. That evening around 8:00 PM I swung by the restaurant to find the host with a large smile. He asked if we would like to eat at the restaurant. He seemed very eager to seat us and there were many available tables. Shortly after a waiter came sweeping through announcing repeatedly (as if speaking in code) "Room 59, Room 59, Room 59!!!". That was our room number and as if on cue, the host changed his disposition and informed me, unfortunately, he would be unable to seat us. I am not sure what we did as room 59 to get snubbed from the restaurant. We were pretty easy customers that demanded little in the way of attention or care. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and pretty much ruined my impression of this hotel. Maybe if we were of patrician lineage or famous they would have loved room 59. However, considering the amount we paid for the room, I'm not sure what they expected from us-- hadn't we met the standards??? My advice is, if you are like me and long to enjoy the famed Le Sirenuse, but are not of royal lineage, don't make a reservation here! And if you want to eat at the restaurant, by all means make a reservation days in advanced. Being dubbed "Room 59!!!", whatever that means, and then rejected from the restaurant, is a humiliating way to end a pricey dream hotel experience. Hotel Le Sirenuse, you were a real heart-breaking disappointment!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family