“Amazing service and delicious seafood!”

Ristorante Scirocco
Ranked #74 of 89 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This resaurant is sometimes considered to be part of Positano but it is actually located in a small city called Montepertuso which is right up above Positano in the Mountains. The restaurant has an amazing view and very tranquil atmosphere. Service is great, and is literally a family restaurant. The food they offer is out of this world, fresh ingredients, and absolutely delicious. Personal favorite is the Florentine steak and I can't go without mentioning nona's Ravioli. The restaurant offers a free shuttle service that can pick you up and even drop you off back at you hotel in Positano after a little too much to drink. It's a shame that this restaurant isn't already listed! I hope that tripadvisor will give people the opportunity to learn about this delicious restaurant.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Positano for our honeymoon and I really wanted to have a fancy seafood dinner together.
We googled a "seafood Positano" and Scirroco came up with nothing but amazing reviews, so we were sold.
We showed up a little bit earlier than the regular dinner crowd, but were greeted so kindly and the staff is just so genuinely happy to have us there.
The food was great and the atmosphere was very romantic.
The customer service is amazing!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friend got married in Positano last week and I wanted to arrange a brunch for her and the bridesmaids so we could have some down time before all of the festivities kicked off that night. This was a perfect setting for that.

We were picked up near our hotel - despite a miscommunication by the front desk sending the driver away, he came back to pick us up as soon as he heard we were still waiting. The winding drive up the cliff was a bit daunting, but the view once we got to the restaurant was well worth it.

We didn't offer off the menu, rather putting our trust in the chef's hand and simply requested "seafood" (v. meat). The meal kicked off with Camparis and bruschetta. Then the caprese salad with bufalo mozzarella so fresh the milk still poured out of it when you cut it.

The mussels and clams were some of the freshest I've had (better than when I was in Belgium). And when we didn't think we could fit anymore, a great white fish w/ a side of eggplant parmigiana. We each got a piece of watermelon shaped like a heart along with some fantastic limoncello. (Man, writing this review from a conference room in New York is utterly depressing).

Bottom line, the good was fresh and very tasty, the service as phenomenal and everyone made sure that our Bride-to-Be had an amazing experience. Coupled w/ the unparalleled view, it was def one of the highlights of the trip!

1  Thank IvyArbor
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I always read reviews on trip-advisor and I thank all who have helped, but this is my first time writing a review. My girlfriend and I wanted to go somewhere for dinner and was told that this ristorante scirocco was really good food. I can tell you that it's definitely not. First we waited 20 minutes for the free shuttle provided by the ristorante. We get there and we get Frozen meatballs, uncooked sausage and 10 pieces of gnocchi as a portion. Crazy !!!!!! Then the shuttle that picked us up also takes us back and had to wait 25 minutes.

1  Thank Mex D
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a new restaurant in Montepertuso, the town directly above and overlooking Positano. We stumbled upon it on the way back from a hike and were greeted by the extremely friendly owner Angelo and his son, who invited us to come in and check out the view. It's beautiful; full windows overlooking the town and the water. We made a reservation that night and were not disappointed. They picked us up at the hotel in Positano and drove us back after dinner, free of charge. The food and wine were delicious. They brought us the freshest bruschetta I had in Italy to start, and the pasta was amazing. The seafood was so fresh and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank MBH100
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We were at Scirocco today for an early dinner after a day at Capri Island. The service and staff was magnificant, the view beautiful, food excellent and we highly recomend you to go there!

2  Thank Emma-Kristian