“the best place in positano”
Review of Villa Flavio Gioia

Villa Flavio Gioia
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The best location in Positano. Very boutique hotel in the middle of positano in the best position ever. It has also a kitchenette . Ask for the room with the view. Are a bit more expensive but it is worth it. The place is expensive but for sure you pay the location and the view.
Very kind staff.

Room Tip: room 21 was great
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank motozak

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I travelled to Positano with another couple to celebrate my birthday. We loved this hotel! It had a great location. The hotel was clean and convenient to the beach, shopping, and dining. Maria and Christian were extremely helpful in making dinner reservations, making arrangements for a driver to take us back to Rome, and anything else we needed. We were in Positano mid-October the weather was perfect. We slept with our balcony door opened and we could hear the waves as we fell asleep. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room with a balcony that looks out to the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rwilson1961
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Park your car up the street in a "parkinggarage" - the hotel will advice you.

You have a small kitchen in your room - or just take a few steps down to one of
the cafe's/restaurants at the harbour (or have a fabulous dinner at one at the five
star hotel above).

Do not forget to visit Capri - the ferry is two minutes from the Villa Flavio Gioia.

Not to expensive hotel - ask for a balcony, facing the ocean.

Jill and Björn Ersman

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill E
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I spent a lot of time researching hotels prior to our trip to Positano...and let me tell you, this was the perfect choice. Place is beautiful and clean, staff is friendly and the location cannot be beat! you wont be sorry here! we cant wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CSL820
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed with our daughter here in July for 8 nights. What an amazing place!!! The location is one of the best in Positano. Our seaview studio was perfect overlooking the church and the beach.We saw so many weddings every day from our balcony. The villas are amongst the many restaurants Positano has to offer. Christian was wonderful,very friendly and helpful.The studio has a kitchenette. We enjoyed many drinks on our balcony just watching the world below us. It has a real holiday feel.The beach is just below and very accessible. Ther is also a great little supermaket/deli just below.I highly recommend these villas.

Room Tip: Defintely a seaview room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank wilson019
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I spent 6 nights at VFG in August, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel and staff! When we arrived in Positano, we still didn't have our luggage (at this point, it was our second full day - the airline lost it, most likely due to us having to be completely re-routed due to weather issues). When we went to check in at VFG, Christian was at the front desk - unfortunately, he showed that our reservation was cancelled! Obviously, I hadn't received notification of this (we booked through Hotels.com), and had actually received a confirmation from Hotels.com 3 days prior to our trip. After still not having our luggage, and our hotel saying that our reservation was cancelled, I had a mini-meltdown...this was suppose to be a dream vacation! We showed Christian the confirmation we received - it seems that VFG actually cancelled our reservation immediately after I booked it, but that notification did not get through Hotels.com's system and back to us. At that point, Christian told us that they didn't have any availability for that evening, but they did have the remaining 6 nights available for the Villa (the most expensive of their accomodations of course!)...I'm thinking to myself, "yeah, we can't afford the Villa!". Christian arranged for another room for us towards the top of Positano for the evening...it was a modest hotel, but the views more than made up for it. Then - Christian states that he'll honor the price that we booked on Hotels.com, for the Villa! Oh my goodness, we finally got a break and could try to enjoy our trip (even though we still didn't have luggage).

So we stayed 1 evening at the other hotel, and came to check in at VFG the next day. When we got to reception, Maria says that her contact at the Naples airport has found our luggage. This would have been great news...had Lufthansa's status update on their website not said, "Baggage still being traced, check back later." Additionally, I could never get an answer from the Lost Baggage desk at the airport. She said that her contact there has already put our two bags on a shuttle coming down to Positano, and there was extra room on the shuttle so there was no cost...the bags should be here in a few hours. We were excited, but didn't want to get our hopes up - how could the airline still say they haven't found our bags, but Maria is telling us they're on their way here?? She then proceeds to check us into the Villa....OH MY WORD, it was the most spectacular accomodations my husband and I have even seen in Europe, much less getting to stay in it?? The Villa was simply amazing, with an private yard and entrance. We were like giddy kids!

To top it off, 2 hours later our bags are delived to the hotel!?! Again, after not being able to get a hold of anyone at the airline's baggage office, and their website not being an ounce helpful - our bags are there, everything in them! At that point, I started a happy cry and hugged the beautiful Maria!

From then on, our trip was simply amazing - and I credit it to Christian, Maria and the entire staff at VFG. They were all so friendly, knowledgable and helpful. This hotel is perfectly located in Positano, the beach is literally a 3 minute walk down, and you're right in the heart of Positano. The hotel is clean and beautiful; the private patio courtyard is nice and relaxing; from what we could see, all the rooms (except for the Villa that sits just behind the hotel) had real sea views.

I HIGHLY recommend Villa Flavio Gioia - you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: We originally chose VFG due to the price and location. It looks like all their rooms have sea views!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChanphengB
Reviewed September 15, 2011

They often say it's the people that make the place, and villa flavio is no exception to this. The hotel staff make you feel right at home in positano, in a quiet villa located within a stones throw from the beach. After a long day soaking up the rays on the beach or after a lemoncello or two at a beach side restaurant its location is unbeatable. Our stay there was amazing, with the rooms and facilities superb. Thanks Maria for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed: September 2011