“Best seafood pasta ever”
Review of Il Fornillo

Il Fornillo
Ranked #29 of 90 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I ate pasta at Il Fornillo, that was the best, that I had eaten anywhere ever, let alone my three weeks in Italy. In case you are wondering which one, it was the seafood pasta. Lovely fresh seafood. A delicious fish broth made up the sauce with a few cherry tomatoes as well and garnished with parsley I believe. The recommendation for the restaurant came from Teresa at Casa Teresa.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a very good meal and it was well served.....the wine list was more than adequate. The view if you are sitting outside is wonderful....although it was raining while we were there and sat inside.

1  Thank Ann34618
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were 8 gals from Toronto Canada wearing T ""Shirts Girls just wanna have fun"" Had lunch, great food the staff was great fun. We almost took one of the waitress's with us. Try it you'll like it.

1  Thank Nancy A
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant. We sat outside and had a great view. We had the grilled vegetable appetizer which wasn't that great and was pretty pricey. We both had pasta dishes that were just okay. My husband had the vegetarian risotto that neither of us thought was very good. People around us were getting complimentary lemoncello and eating delicious looking desserts that were looking forward to trying. However, our waiter never returned to our table and then sat and ate his own dinner and never looked over at us. After over 45 min of waiting for him, I had to approach him and request the check (which in Italy you always need to ask for the check otherwise they'll leave you to sit and dine indefinitely). By this time it was 10:30pm so we went back to our hotel without any dessert! :(

2  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

great food great service and great times.My partner and i ate here 3 nights in a row and were never let down ,the sisters who run this place were always singing,laughing and made us feel very welcome.One night my partner was not feeling well and they even allowed me to make a takeaway order and take it back to our hotel.If you visit Positano you must eat here..(thanks for the bottle of wine girls)

1  Thank dino d