“Excellent food, beautiful wine and superb service”
Review of Ristorante Max

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When at Positano there are many restaurants to chose from. However, we got a tip about this restaurant from a good friend. It is located in the busiest street going up the hill. Just a little sign indicating the restaruant. No menu outside, you have to go down the stairs.

There are seats inside and outside in the garden. Staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. They have an excellent selection of Italian wines and lots of them are displayed in the restaurant.

Wine and food are superb. The food tastes very fresh and the staff are around to help you or answer your questions.

It was not very busy at lunch but presumably it will be for dinner.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,136)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Someone in town recommended Ristorante Max to us and i'm glad we went. You feel like you are eating in someones home in a way. The food was Delicious, must try the Gnocchi! Our waiter was also very sweet.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was recommended to this place by Le Sirenuse because La Sponda was booked !!! That’s what I call a blessing in disguise, masterfully executed dishes fine by a friendly and personable staff ! I like this place so much I came here three days in a row !!! Fresh fish and seafood pasta and fried zucchini flowers !! Everything is made to order hot and fresh from the sea !!! Great find and there is a wonderful collection of local artists to stimulate the senses . Antonio is both personable and knowledgeable of all the deliciously delectable delights

Thank you for making me happy !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The service was impeccable in this beautiful outdoor restaurant .
This was the best shrimp of my entire trip we loved the meal and the amazing desserts

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I both really enjoyed our meal at Max. I had made a reservation for 7:30pm and we were promptly seated, unfortunately not in the terrace area (although it did start to rain so maybe that was a good thing). I was aware there would be no view from the restaurant, but having just had 3 nights with views it wasn’t the end of the world! Would highly recommend the Parmiagana to start and the fish broth was delicious but I couldn’t do it justice after my Ragu.