“Beautiful romantic dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The service was impeccable in this beautiful outdoor restaurant .
This was the best shrimp of my entire trip we loved the meal and the amazing desserts

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I both really enjoyed our meal at Max. I had made a reservation for 7:30pm and we were promptly seated, unfortunately not in the terrace area (although it did start to rain so maybe that was a good thing). I was aware there would be no view from the restaurant, but having just had 3 nights with views it wasn’t the end of the world! Would highly recommend the Parmiagana to start and the fish broth was delicious but I couldn’t do it justice after my Ragu.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent seafood. Great atmosphere. Good wine. The servers were very nice to squeeze us in and were attentive. Fun time. Fabulous deserts!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The dinner here was very tasty, great service and wine selection.
Our pasta was recommended and had amazing flavor. The zuppa de pesce was out of this world amazing!
I highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I decided to dine here based upon reviews we read on TripAdvisor. We made reservations for seven as we were told this restaurant books in advance and reservations typically cannot be made after 8. The overall atmosphere was nice and inviting. No water view just an FYI but there was a nice terrace where we were seated. We knew this ahead of time. Romantic jazz music was being played in the background but I must warn, tables for two are seated rather close together if this bothers you. Also, I did notice the neighbor had their laundry air drying outside which could be seen. However I understand the restaurant has no control over this. Service was mediocre, seemed the main waiter came to tell you about the specials and to take your order however that was about the last time we saw him. From then on it was an occasional visit from a busboy just to clear your plate and ask about desert. My major complaint with this restaurant was that my wife specifically told our waiter about her allergies including nuts and unfortunately he did not pass this along when it came to dessert. Our molten lava cake was served with vanilla ice cream as requested but included NUTS!!! Also I did not feel the price was at all worth the money. We paid 157 euros for a couple including and appetizer, two mains, two desserts with a glass of wine each. Food was good but definitely had better in Positano for a lot less.

1  Thank Kevin F