“Worst place in all of Positano”
Review of Ristorante Max

Ristorante Max
Reserve with
Ristorante Max is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Worst place in all of Positano. Service was horrible. We made a reservation in person for the following day for 8pm and when we got there the place was pretty empty. 3 couples were dining in the entire restaurant, 1 inside and 2 outside so there was plenty of space. We asked them that we would like to sit inside not outside. They told us that we were not allowed to sit anywhere inside except sitting next to another couple. I told them the tables are very close together, it would feel like I’m literally sitting on the other’s woman’s lap.
They still said you can’t sit inside and have to sit outside. We sat outside and ordered the food but the food was absolutely terrible.
I had the gnocchi which tasted so bland and my husband had a tasteless dish as well. It looked like they slapped something together and put it in a plate.

Our friends who were on their honeymoon dined here as well and they also said it was the worst place they ate in all of Positano.

Needless to say, it is an expensive place and it is not worth the money. Definitely take your money and go somewhere else.

2  Thank Ami P
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Max

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, both in and out- loved the spinach ravioli, all homemade! Was disappointed that we had to sit inside on such a beautiful night when our reservation was for outside - but we would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I travelled around the Amalfi Coast for 2 weeks on my honeymoon and this was one of our absolute favorite meals. We sat outside in the garden and loved the intimacy and romantic feel. Our waiters were so friendly and helpful! But the food was the most delicious ever. We had 3 courses here and I'm glad we did. I got the lobster ravioli and was in heaven. We shared the local sea bass special and it was cooked perfectly and delicious. We had an amazing bottle of local wine (from Campania). I highly highly recommend going here for dinner when in Positano. While in a great location in town, you get a little peace and quiet for a highly enjoyable meal!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

You would think a call from the supposed 5 star hotel Sirenuse would guarantee a nice table somewhere inside in an extremely hot evening in Positano...NOT. Max's owner did not even bother to accommodate as he seemed much more interested in his local clientele rather than a couple from out of town. The attitude was so patronizing and condescending that my husband and I decided not to stay for dinner. After an amazing stay and food in Capri where everyone was friendly and extremely professional, we were quite disappointed in Positano. Incase anyone wonders, my husband and I have traveled extensively as we are of Italian, Greek, and Spanish descent and we love good food and hospitality. However, we did not find this in Positano and for Italy, that was a shock. Positano, its restaurants and hotels seem to be unable to handle the influx of tourists.

1  Thank Michelin61
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Cooking class with Sabatino and Pasquale was great!! Food was amazing learned so many dishes!! Grazie!!

1  Thank Scituatediva