Villa Mary Suites
$593
$547
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Buca di Bacco(Positano)(Great Value!)
$386
$365
  • Breakfast included
Positano Art Hotel Pasitea(Positano)(Great Value!)
$304
  • Breakfast included
Palazzo Marzoli Resort(Positano)(Great Value!)
$556
$477
  • Room Service
Hotel Conca d'Oro Positano(Positano)(Great Value!)
$427
$1,600
$843
$2,076
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstiziana antonioevery morningvenere roomblack labthe busbreakfast served on the terraceamalfi coastprivate terracepastriesfabulous hostsour honeymoondinner reservationsbed and breakfastwonderful stayla terramini marketthe perfect place to stay
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Where do I start!! We had just had two weeks in France and a Mediteranean cruise so Positano and Villa Mary had a lot to live up to!
Well they both did!! Vila Mary sits at the top of Positano on the main road, yet still quite secluded given the nature of the way the Amalfi coast is.
There are three lovely rooms all decorated to high standard. We were in Venere which is the middle sized room with a Spa that I enjoyed several times after a full day walking the Amalfi coast.
Tiziana and Antonio were both really lovely going out of their way to make our stay perfect,to general advise for things to do during the day to organising reservations at restaurants for us.
Our breakfast each morning was fairly typical of the Italian breakfast with a good range of fresh pastries, cereal, yoghurt,coffee and fruit delivered each morning to enjoy on our balcony at the time of our choosing....I am pining for the pastries!!
Positano is I think the prettiest of the towns we visited and despite my usual lack of enjoyment of excersise I loved walking up and down to the Village below!! We immediately felt really relaxed in Positano and at Villa Mary and look forward to our next visit.
We also had the added bonus of being there when the Giro Italia came through!! That was a truly memorable moment in addition to the great hospitality we received. Thanks Tiziana and Antonio fr making the week so special and for the picture which we will treasure!

Room Tip: Choose either Venere or Diana especially if you like a spa
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were staying in Positano for my 50th birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary, and I wanted the view and experience to be amazing. I had seen reviews on Villa Mary, and wanted to book accomodation, but the villas were booked out, so Tiziana suggested that I stay at her new rooms B & B Liparlati, just down the road from Villa Mary. My husband and I stayed in the Arienzo room, and our daughter stayed in the Laurito room. These rooms are not yet registered on Trip Advisor, thus the reason I am writing my review on the Villa Mary page.
Because it was such a special occasion I wanted everything to be "just so", and Tiziana sensed this in my emails, and sent me a floor plan of the new rooms, and even pictures of the furniture she was putting in it, plus the view from the room, so my expectations were managed perfectly before we'd even arrived!
Our room (Arienzo) was stunning, and has a fabulous view from the terrace. There were also cooking facilities provided, but because the rooms were new, there were no utensils, but I'm sure by now that these has been provided. The ensuite is small, but adequate.
Each morning our breakfast of croissants, jams & yoghurt was delivered to our terrace, along with our cappuccino & juice.
The rooms are quite a way from the beach, so be prepared for lots of walking & steps if you're a beach lover.
Tiziana provided a detailed map of Positano for us, and gave us suggestions of places to dine in the evening, and even booked a shuttle bus for us to dine at a restaurant in Montepertuso. Make sure you eat somewhere in Montepertuso at least once, as the views from high up on the mountain are absolutely amazing!
On the first morning after our arrival, we discovered when we came to shower that there was no hot water. We contacted Tiziana who arrived as soon as she could, and told us that she would not charge us for our first night, and she didn't! We were not expecting this, but were very grateful. The hot water situation was quickly resolved, and we enjoyed great showers for the rest of our stay.
When we came to leave, because we were the first guests in the new rooms, Tiziana gave us a lovely copy of a print of Positano, which brought tears to my eyes, as it was so unexpected, and a lovely gesture.
We moved to another location in Positano as we were expecting friends to join us, which turned out to be nowhere near as nice as B & B Liparlati, and left me wishing that we'd stayed exactly where we were for the remaining 4 days of our time in Positano.
If you book at either Villa Mary or B & B Liparlati, you will certainly not regret it. Tiziana & Antonio are the most amazing and hospitable hosts.

Room Tip: Arienzo & Fornillo rooms have bigger balconies than the Laurito room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janice E
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our trip to Positano started off with a bit of luck. we had decided to drive and were warned of the lack of parking in the town and we reserved a spot in the town parking garage. However when we arrived we found a vacant spot directly opposite the Villa which we gratefully grabbed and did not move the car until we left 3 days later. If you are driving just note that you will be parking on the main street (via G Marconi) as via Liparlati is only for pedestrian access to the Villa. Next we were impressed by our hostess Tiziana helping us with carrying our luggage up the long and narrow bunch of stairs leading from the street to the Villa. Once you conquer the stairs you appreciate why you did as the view from the villa over Positano to the sea is magnificent and never forgotten. Having a gourmet breakfast on the balcony of the Diana suite enjoying the view is as good as a holiday can get. That evening we were offered a choice of restaurants to dine in some of which came with the offer of door to door pick up and return service. We quickly learnt that we either needed to become familiar with the local bus service or get very fit climbing stairs. Despite the very narrow streets the buses somehow manage to find enough roadspace to navigate. A bus trip to Amalfi, Ravello and Sorrento is cheap and easy with access from a nearby bus stop.
The Diana Room is the biggest of the three and is beautifully decorated and the bathroom area a real treat. Breakfasts are delivered to your room and always outstanding. This is most definitely a place to return to for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Diana suite is worth the little extra cost
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very excellent and relaxing place! Hostess Tizianna is inimitable. She is very friendly, hospitable, always ready to help and has an innate sense of humor. The room was a big and comfortable with a large terrace and a beautiful view on the sea. Service is above any praises. The Villa Mary is a really homey hotel to which you want to return.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Breath-taking views, Excellent service, very clean, and just relaxing! The Villa Mary is the best kept secret! Tizianna was wonderful! She is so caring and truly enjoys what she does. She welcomes you like family. Plus you just have to love Dylan (dog) :) I would highly recommend the Diana Room. You feel like a princess or prince when you stay at the Villa Mary. Plently of things do to and see. The area makes you feel like family.

1  Thank karen w