“kenli2013”

Ristorante Mediterraneo
Ranked #21 of 89 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Description: The Mediterraneo is a little family run restaurant where we will take care of our guests in a nice, romantic but unformal atmosphere. We try to keep traditional flavors and recepies as first of all we do like eating.Using fresh seasonal products, we like to cook fish specialties, vegetables and "al dente" home-made pasta, the same way our grandmas used to.The right location for pre-wedding lunch.It's mostly a nice place where you can sit, eat and drink well, discussing of art or listening to good napolitan live music. Enzo always organises art exibitions, books presentation, wine tastings and music evenings.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

great food and even better service ,we had a great time with all of the servers and they made great recommendations

1  Thank kenli2013
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Mediterraneo

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The meals were fantastic and reasonably priced. The staff are helpful and friendly! I would recommend highly!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were staying in a villa that was only about a 100 meter walk from Ristorante Mediterraneo, and with all the great reviews we decided to try it. We were not disappointed at all, and I would bet the few negative reviews came from "needy" travelers. If you're looking for someplace with a relaxed atmosphere, friendly service, and good food, this is it! I walked over in the afternoon and made a reservation in person as I did not have a working phone in Italy, and they had me write down my name and time on a piece of paper. I asked for a table on the outside terrace and asked if we could get one of "these" as I pointed to several in the area we wanted to sit. When we arrived, one of the exact tables was reserved with the little piece of paper I filled out indicating it was for us. Initial service was prompt and very friendly. Lorenzo helped us with pronouncing menu items in Italian in a friendly and fun way, without the slightest bit of attitude, along with describing the dishes. I felt he really wanted us to have fun and a good meal. When he returned to take our order, he sat down at an empty chair at the table and talked to us some more as he wrote down our orders. That may not be for everyone, but we liked the casual, friendly feeling it conveyed. We started with the zucchini flowers which he said was a specialty, and we weren't disappointed. I had a seafood pasta dish, and when I asked what was in it and didn't care for some items (squid, octopus), Lorenzo said he'd leave those out and put more of the other items in instead. The prices are very reasonable for Positano; 15+/- euro range for most of the pasta dishes and 20-25 euro range for the meat/seafood dishes. This is typical Positano pricing at the lower end, you won't find it for less on the dinner menus. They sell the house wines by 1/4, 1/2, and full (750ml) "jugs", and at 10 euro for the full jug you won't find better prices anywhere in Positano! Once the food was served I think they came by once to check on our satisfaction with it, but then sort of left us alone. I think this is just the way things are in Positano (experienced that at several other places as well), and it really didn't bother us. If you need something you just waive them over, no big deal. I rated the service as very good instead of excellent for this reason, but I would rate most places we ate in Positano that way too. The view is good but not as good as some other places, but once the sun sets you can't see much over the water anyway. The terrace is outside and the road runs in front of it, but that's just Positano too! The terrace is also covered and has roll-up windows so if the weather is or gets bad you won't get wet/cold yet you'll still have the sense of eating outside.
All in all this was a great experience and I would recommend them if you're staying in Positano.
Ciao!

1  Thank TKP62
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I were in Positano for 10 days and ate at Mediterraneo 3x. The staff and especially the owner, Lorenzo, were friendly, fun, funny and engaging!!! We were welcomed with open arms along with prosecco and ended our meal with a shot of limoncello. Their Zucchini flowers stuffed with cheese were divine -- and I don't even really like zucchini!

On our first visit, Lorenzo told us that he would have some entertainment the following evening. We debated if we should go back again so soon but we did. It was one of those decisions that we were so happy we did. The entertainment was Pietro Rainone, who serenaded me and engaged the men to sing with him and play the tambourines that Lorenzo passed around. It was an unforgettable night.

We spent our last night in Positano at the Mediterraneo so we can say goodbye to our newfound friends.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were WOWed by our experience at Ristorante Mediterraneo. It is a fun, upbeat environment complete with awesome nightly guitarist/singer by Tony. Lorenzo and the team sings along with him while providing outstanding service!!! The guests are encouraged to participate with many tambourines that are handed out! What a blast. The food...incredible!!! We loved everything we ordered. Tried stuffed zucchini flowers for the first time, huge order and delicious. Ended with limone sorbetto...wow, served in a huge local lemon! Nice and light after a two hour dinner. It was the only place that we had dinner twice...always saving our last night for our "favorite place" during our vacation. We were lucky enough to be included in Lorenzo's birthday celebration...soooo much fun!!! We didn't want the night to end and met some really interesting people from all over the world! (Even a retired professional soccer player from Uruguay). You know it's good when locals eat there!

Thank you to Lorenzo for inviting us to share in his special day! It made us feel like family and was a highlight of our trip.

After spending a total of 4 weeks in Positano (2 different trips), we can't wait to go back again to enjoy more amazing dinners with Lorenzo, Tony and team Mediterraneo.

GO....you will LOVE it!!