“A lots of fun and good time!”

Ristorante Mediterraneo
Ranked #20 of 89 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: The Mediterraneo is a little family run restaurant where we will take care of our guests in a nice, romantic but unformal atmosphere. We try to keep traditional flavors and recepies as first of all we do like eating.Using fresh seasonal products, we like to cook fish specialties, vegetables and "al dente" home-made pasta, the same way our grandmas used to.The right location for pre-wedding lunch.It's mostly a nice place where you can sit, eat and drink well, discussing of art or listening to good napolitan live music. Enzo always organises art exibitions, books presentation, wine tastings and music evenings.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Located on the Main Street leading toward the center of the historic village of Positano, ristorante Meditteraneo is an excellent place to enjoy good food and having fun. The service is excellent, see to have Lorenzo attending your party. You will enjoy is exuberant personality. He can serve and sing at the same time making everyone feeling good. The food selection is typical of the area with abundant seafood prepared with pasta or as a main course. Good wine list with an excellent selection of Campania whites but overall a good variety. Enzo, can provide you with more of the good wines from his wine collection located not far from the restaurant. A place to enjoy, in a casual and fun environment. Three nights a week live music and a lot of singalong.

1  Thank Alan C

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Looking for seafood restaurant, hotel staff suggested Mediterraneo, the seafood selection was extensive and the food came quickly and was presented very well. There was entertainment and the place was a lot of fun to eat an be at.

2  Thank Palman13
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Really accommodating and generally seemed like nice people who wanted you to have a good time.

Relaxed meal - we had a great tasting plate of antipasti, some tasty pastas - full of flavour and finished off with a tiramisu. Thanks for a great meal.

Plenty of people hanging around listening to the music too - great atmosphere.

1  Thank Kates1711
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to try this restaurant based on previous trip advisor reviews. The atmosphere is nice and outside. I ordered pasta with octopus and my gf tried to order baby octopus with a black rice ball but they were out. This was at 9pm on a Sunday. She had to settle for grilled shrimp. When the food came the portions were very tiny. While extremely tasty, the portions matched the pricing. My gf's dish consisted of 5 shrimp. At the conclusion of our meal it took 45min for the staff to ask if we wanted dessert or the check. They were all too busy flirting with American girl tourists.

2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After a very disappointing meal at Caffe Positano the previous night we decided to do a little homework so as not to be "stung" again. We had read reviews about Mediterraneo and chose this for our last night in Positano. We were so glad because this is the restaurant that left the lasting impression.

I believe it is run by brothers and it is run extremely well! The service is impeccable. Everyone who served us was both pleasant, professional and seemed genuinely interested in us as people, not just customers.

We were all given complimentary sparkling wine before our meals and samples of five of the local liqueurs such as melon, and limoncello after our meals. This was nice but not the reason I have rated the Mediterraneo so highly. Our meals were fantastic! Lovely fresh produce, simply yet skilfully prepared. I enjoyed the home made pasta with seafood and it came in a foil "package". The amazing aroma of my dish when I unravelled the foil was spectacular. It tasted just as good!

On this occasion we indulged in the desserts and they were also delicious. They actually omitted the cost of these from the bill but we brought it to their attention and they thanked us for our honesty. Only fair seeing it was so good. (Also cheaper than the rubbish we were dished up the night before!)

I loved this restaurant and would definitely patronise it again if in Positano. My only dilemma would be whether to order the same wonderful dish I had or try something different.

3  Thank Gaye1210