“Great lunch by the sea”

Ristorante La Cambusa
Ranked #37 of 85 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great lunch by the sea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We visited Positano on a day trip and as this restaurant received a glowing recommendation in the Lonely Planet guide, we decided to give it a try for lunch. The restaurant is situated on the edge of the beach, and our table under the awning boasted a spectacular view of the sea front. The food lived up to it's fishy reputation and my husband's lobster linguine tasted as glorious as it looked- definitely worth the 25 euros. The mixed fried starter of zucchini, arancini, mozzarella balls was generous and satisfying as a shared starter. It was refreshing to see a variety of wine by the glass offered too. The service was friendly and attentive. A lovely way to pass an afternoon in this vibrant seaside town.

• Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
ca
“consistent everytime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Anything on the menu. This high capacity restaurant on the water is my favorite for a relaxed meal with the family. Portions are very good and each meal comes out hot and with the right amount of everything on the plate. Don't bother with dessert, go to the gelato bar next door and have the seasonal peach-

Visited July 2013
Kalispell, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

It was our first night in Positano and our hotel recommended this restaurant. It wasn't very busy (we were the early eating Americans) and so we got a nice table in the corner overlooking to beach. They gave us a glass of complimentary prosecco. We started out with the fried squid which was done perfectly and the marinara sauce they served with it, was to die for. I could've drank this stuff! Next up was the ravioli. Let me tell you, this was the most tender, delectable pasta I had the entire time in Italy. It was truly the best ravioli EVER! Next, my husband and I shared a fish and it was so fresh and wonderful. I know its listed on the pricey end but I have to say, it was totally worth it!

• Visited May 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great food, great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

While on a two week stay in Positano, my friends and I had lunch here. The food was good, the service good and the view was outstanding, overlooking Positano Bay. Definitely would recommend this for lunch or dinner.

• Visited June 2014
denver
“Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great views and a staff as good as any you find. The food is very good And service is timely and kind. We enjoyed a meal second to none.

Visited June 2014